Princess sponsoring Nascar Cup car this weekend.

clueless2

Well they've got enough cash for that....   Nice looking "paint" scheme (they're really printed on vinyl and wrapped on the car).  The driver is Daniel Suarez. They'll also sponsor him in the South Florida race.

FaTYN3XXwAEkIjj.jpeg

Edited by clueless2
  • Like 7

• clueless2 changed the title to Princess sponsoring Nascar Cup car this weekend.

Very cool. 

I know there is a race coming up in Daytona, but is Daytona "South Florida."  However, I see that they are going to be at Homestead on Oct. 23.  That would definitely be South Florida.

I find it easy to cheer for Daniel Suarez.  He is quite personable, and a pretty good driver.  Also, NASCAR would be very happy if he could attract fans from Mexico.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Very cool. 

I know there is a race coming up in Daytona, but is Daytona "South Florida."  However, I see that they are going to be at Homestead on Oct. 23.  That would definitely be South Florida.

I find it easy to cheer for Daniel Suarez.  He is quite personable, and a pretty good driver.  Also, NASCAR would be very happy if he could attract fans from Mexico.

Daniel's Amigos!

https://danielsuarezracing.com/daniels-amigos/

There have been a number of posts on Cruise Critic that say they do not mind increased prices and discontinued amenities since Princess needs the money.

Spending $$$ to sponsor a race car proves they do not.

How many people do you think will now book a Princess cruise because they saw a car with the Princess sea witch logo go round and round on a race track?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, caribill said:

How many people do you think will now book a Princess cruise because they saw a car with the Princess sea witch logo go round and round on a race track?

I think the number might surprise us all, if we could figure it out somehow.  But the breakeven is not that high.  Let's say the sponsorship costs $2 million and the average booking on Princess is for $2000.  That would set the breakeven at 1000 passengers (actually a bit more than that, because each passenger would add some variable costs, but not too much).  Combined with some in-show advertising, I can see scenarios where the ROI is positive.

12 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

"Coming out of The Chute, the Number 99 seems to be experiencing propulsion problems and will have to change course.  It will no longer be traveling through The Boot and will have to bypass the Esses." 

As long as Capitano Marco Fortezze is not driving, I am confident.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

There have been a number of posts on Cruise Critic that say they do not mind increased prices and discontinued amenities since Princess needs the money.

Spending $$$ to sponsor a race car proves they do not.

I am an old car guy but not a big Nascar fan. I have read that the Nascar fans are very loyal  to the sponsors and actually buy those products.

19 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Very cool. 

Suarez will test positive and be quarantined mid-race.

I'm rooting for Truex.

• Like 2

There have been some pretty funny comments, here.  This one came from my brother.  Five days before the race, Daniel Suarez will get an e-mail from Princess saying that his car has been cancelled.  Happily, he will be given $100 in OBC.

I should mention that my brother might be Princess' Most Cursed Cruiser.  In the last year, he has had five booked cruises cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/17/2022 at 10:48 AM, XBGuy said:

There have been some pretty funny comments, here.  This one came from my brother.  Five days before the race, Daniel Suarez will get an e-mail from Princess saying that his car has been cancelled.  Happily, he will be given $100 in OBC.

Keeping to form, Suarez will hear about the cancellation on Cruise Critic before the email from Princess arrives.

• Haha 4

Qualifying  now on USA Network - Princess car looks good ... looks like Suarez will advance - opps - not now - to the final round of qualifying ( just outside top 10 ) - now he's back in top 10 - 5th in Group B

so final round of qualifying will begin soon - Suarez guaranteed to start in top 5 rows - pending that pesky inspection thingy ...  maybe Princess will get some exposure - but not sure Princess is the NASCAR  cruise line of choice -