Family Veranda sleeping accommodations

Guest TopoChico

Guest TopoChico

We’re booked on the Millennium in November in a corner Family Veranda. Has anyone been in these cabins and used that small sleeper chair as a bed for an adult?  Our sons will be in the extra sleeping area, and while there is a large sleeper sofa, they’re wondering if that single sleeper chair is large enough for a six foot guy to comfortably sleep in. Or will they be bunking together? 

While we haven’t been in one on a ship that has been revolutionized, we have been in a FV. It sleeps 5 so there has to be more than a chair in the second room. Ours had a king in one room and 2 singles in the other. They may have opened to fit 3 people. I’m not sure tho because it was only my husband and I in the cabin 

My wife and I sailed in a corner FV on the Summit (sister of the Millie) in Sept. 2019, after the "revolution."  I posted a complete review of the cabin, with photos, at the link below.  Since it was just the two of us, no one slept in the second room, so I have no idea what that sort of chair (too big for a chair) would be like for a bed, but I can tell you that both "Chairy" (as we called it) and the sofa were hard as rocks to sit on. 

I hope someone who has used the new furniture for sleeping will reply to you.

(We have also sailed in a corner FV on the Infinity  [not revolutionized], same cruise as Jackie above [comment 3], so I can tell you that the furniture you see above in Jackie's photos is not the furniture in the revolutionized Millie and Summit now.)

Edited by Turtles06

23 hours ago, TopoChico said:

We’re booked on the Millennium in November in a corner Family Veranda. Has anyone been in these cabins and used that small sleeper chair as a bed for an adult?  Our sons will be in the extra sleeping area, and while there is a large sleeper sofa, they’re wondering if that single sleeper chair is large enough for a six foot guy to comfortably sleep in. Or will they be bunking together? 

My DW and I had this cabin all to ourselves for a New Years cruise and it was fabulous. For the second room, there was a couch and a chair that made into beds. The primary bedroom is the first room and the room with balcony access was the "kids" room. We had the cabin next to the corner balcony.

IMG_4790.jpeg

IMG_4791.jpeg

IMG_4789.jpeg

On 8/17/2022 at 7:29 AM, upwarduk said:

The attached photos were taken on Infinity in 2013.

Afraid I have no idea abou post Revolution.

0DA38C89-2152-44BA-800B-90859E5CDA6B.thumb.jpeg.41586a5235e8b945825bd5db511e3ac1.jpeg

9C556F8D-0D51-4D06-BF67-F89E4E96DB16.thumb.jpeg.5a8d62ab5e36868ed62bd970acff8012.jpeg

Our favourite cabins of all time; so many good memories in those cabins on all the M class ships (apart from Summit as we’re yet to sail on her) 🥲. Our boys grew up cruising in the FVs. Still waiting for them to pay for us now though 🤣.

• Haha 1

Guest TopoChico
On 8/17/2022 at 5:36 AM, Turtles06 said:

My wife and I sailed in a corner FV on the Summit (sister of the Millie) in Sept. 2019, after the "revolution."  I posted a complete review of the cabin, with photos, at the link below.  Since it was just the two of us, no one slept in the second room, so I have no idea what that sort of chair (too big for a chair) would be like for a bed, but I can tell you that both "Chairy" (as we called it) and the sofa were hard as rocks to sit on. 

I hope someone who has used the new furniture for sleeping will reply to you.

(We have also sailed in a corner FV on the Infinity  [not revolutionized], same cruise as Jackie above [comment 3], so I can tell you that the furniture you see above in Jackie's photos is not the furniture in the revolutionized Millie and Summit now.)

I saw your excellent review on these cabins before we booked it back in April, actually.  Thank you. 
After watching YouTube videos, The Millennium appears to have corrected the error made on Summit and put the light up mirror over the desk.

As far as the chair(y) goes, still looking for a photo of it opened up.  Our boys are 26 and 32 and they don’t really want to sleep together in the same bed, which has been a “thing” since they were little 😂.  I grew up sleeping in a 3/4 bed with my sister until I went away to college, so I don’t really sympathize. 

We’re super excited about being in this cabin, and to be back on Celebrity.  We sailed on the Summit many times, it was our favorite ship. 

Edited by TopoChico

2 hours ago, TopoChico said:

I saw your excellent review on these cabins before we booked it back in April, actually.  Thank you. 
After watching YouTube videos, The Millennium appears to have corrected the error made on Summit and put the light up mirror over the desk.

Thanks for the kind words. And that's good news about the mirror on the Millie.  (I hope they've fixed the Summit too.) 

2 hours ago, TopoChico said:

As far as the chair(y) goes, still looking for a photo of it opened up.  Our boys are 26 and 32 and they don’t really want to sleep together in the same bed, which has been a “thing” since they were little 😂.

I hope you do find such a photo.   Keep in mind, the ships were revolutionized not all that long before the pandemic, and there just may not have been that many folks who have sailed in those corner FVs who had a need to open up Chairy.

I didn't realize from your prior posts that your kids are adults.  I'm sure you have thought about four adults sharing one bathroom, and also the fact that no one can access the bathroom (or the cabin door) without going through the primary bedroom.   

Enjoy your cruise!

Guest TopoChico
5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for the kind words. And that's good news about the mirror on the Millie.  (I hope they've fixed the Summit too.) 

I hope you do find such a photo.   Keep in mind, the ships were revolutionized not all that long before the pandemic, and there just may not have been that many folks who have sailed in those corner FVs who had a need to open up Chairy.

I didn't realize from your prior posts that your kids are adults.  I'm sure you have thought about four adults sharing one bathroom, and also the fact that no one can access the bathroom (or the cabin door) without going through the primary bedroom.   

Enjoy your cruise!

Our boys are extremely neat and great travel buddies.  They’re fast showerers! They all know I take a longer to get ready..and that big balcony and a premium alcohol package will really come in handy while they’re waiting for me. We do usually get two cabins, but this one will be great.   Probably our last trip just the four of us, one is getting engaged and the other just got divorced and moved home temporarily.  We’ll be away over Thanksgiving and I am thrilled I don’t have to make dinner! 

Guest TopoChico
On 8/17/2022 at 4:04 PM, SusieV said:

Personally, I think those rooms are great for parents with small kids. I think they'd be awfully tight/uncomfortable for four adults.

We have an RV and frequently travel with kids, dogs and girlfriends.  This will be a breeze. 

45 minutes ago, TopoChico said:

Our boys are extremely neat and great travel buddies.  They’re fast showerers! They all know I take a longer to get ready..and that big balcony and a premium alcohol package will really come in handy while they’re waiting for me. We do usually get two cabins, but this one will be great.   Probably our last trip just the four of us, one is getting engaged and the other just got divorced and moved home temporarily.  We’ll be away over Thanksgiving and I am thrilled I don’t have to make dinner! 

36 minutes ago, TopoChico said:

We have an RV and frequently travel with kids, dogs and girlfriends.  This will be a breeze. 

You sound very well prepared!  I hope you all have an awesome time!

And please come back and post photos of Chairy and the sofa opened up. 😊

Guest TopoChico
14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

You sound very well prepared!  I hope you all have an awesome time!

And please come back and post photos of Chairy and the sofa opened up. 😊

I promise I will 😃

Guest TopoChico
15 hours ago, Dbeland said:

The smaller sofa opens like this, decent size and seemed comfortable although my 7 yr old was sleeping there

F327EFDB-5107-43A0-8EDE-EDF6E8AB2B6C.jpeg

C83ECABB-A4ED-407E-A288-AB6B569A5230.jpeg

Thank you so much!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Dbeland said:

The smaller sofa opens like this, decent size and seemed comfortable although my 7 yr old was sleeping there

Apologies if I'm not correct, but from the carpet and what I can see of the upholstery on the sofa, this looks like a pre-revolutionized ship.  (See the photos in comment 3 above.)  Could you please tell us the ship and whether this was pre- or post-revolution?  Thanks!  

• Like 1

Guest TopoChico

It looks like pre revolution, but the same chair.  We’re on the Millennium 11/26/22.  Either way, it looks to be fine. My son is 6 feet tall, but if it’s too small, he can jump into the larger pull out with his bro. Honestly, there’s no reason why the two brothers can’t just share the larger bunk. 

Edited by TopoChico

Guest TopoChico
On 8/21/2022 at 4:51 PM, Dbeland said:

I think both the single chair and the double bed are pictured. 

Edited by TopoChico

Guest TopoChico
18 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

What is pictured is the sofa, not a chair.  

I’m looking again and I can’t figure out, is this the chair? It appears to only sleep one.  The sleep sofa converts to a double bed. 

Edited by TopoChico