Dress Code

Caroldoll

Standards  have lowered  but usually we see folks  dress "non slob!"  And we have observed enforcement of no shorts for dinner and no bathing suits at lunch..unless suitably covered up.

We dress up more for chic night but no more jackets,  ties, gowns or such...unless folks want to..

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Hesitate to say this but what is smarter, nice shorts or scruffy jeans or tracksuit bottoms? The latter two are allowed, the dress code needs updating 

Since when? Rules say "designer' jeans whatever that means. We have never seen the rules enforced in the MDR which is a pity. Enforce them or drop them.

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Hesitate to say this but what is smarter, nice shorts or scruffy jeans or tracksuit bottoms? The latter two are allowed, the dress code needs updating 

None of them are allowed unless they are ripped/torn.  Men/women can wear spandex.  It’s required for men.  I swear, I read these rules right from the FAQ page.  🙂

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

No vote required. None of my (anyone's) business. That's all on Celebrity. 

Can you honestly say that you’ve never noticed or commented on how someone was dressed?  Good for you.  Now, no backwards baseball caps, please.

Edited by zitsky
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Why would it bother you if someone wore shorts in the MDR for dinner? 

Are you looking at this as a fashion violation or a rules violation? 

I'm looking at it as grown adults being so self centered and petty that they're willing to rant and rave about something that most 3 year olds would see as no big deal by saying "why don't you just wear pants?"    it's a sadly pathetic reflection on people these days, being unwilling to follow a rule so simple because they want to do whatever they want on their vacation.  Frankly I don't care what anyone else wears.  Dress as fancy or as trashy as you want.  But if you're somehow thinking you're above the simple request of wearing pants, I'll be judging you for being the self-centered, disrespectful person you are.  🙂

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Oh my.  I admit, I can judge people.  When we arrived at the pier to get on the ship there was a man with a small dog, in a rolling case.  First thought was, "Oh brother, someone brought an emotional pet".

Saw this person one time up on top deck near the door for Hubbard Glacier view day.

We were seated next to a new couple at dinner.  I said hi, and the lady didn't respond.  My husband said they are deaf.  The man introduced himself with his phone.  

Imagine my surprise when they got up to leave, he appeared next to me with his dog in the rolling case!!  He wanted me to see his dog.  I thought long and hard about judging.  It made me teary eyed.  

Edited by Dancing Shoes
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Can you honestly say that you’ve never noticed or commented on how someone was dressed?  Good for you.  Now, no backwards baseball caps, please.

You bet I do and my wife still enjoys the compliments I give her. 

I prefer to wear my ball caps brim forward. 

• Like 1

Ahhh yes, judging and Not judging! Personally, I Never Judge….well except when I’m driving along very nicely and come up on some guy in the left lane barely going the speed limit. I pass them and glare (internally of course just in case they are armed!) and think, “that old geezer needs to get off the road!”…then shortly I’m driving along very nicely and some guy goes shooting by me and I think, “that guy is an idiot speed-demon!”

So except for those cases, and maybe a few 100 others, I Never Judge anyone….well, unless I’m in the MDR and I see some guy who is dressed less well than I am and I scoff at that Slob.  Then see a guy wearing a much nicer outfit than I am and I scoff at that Show Off. 

Den

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Ahhh yes, judging and Not judging! Personally, I Never Judge….well except when I’m driving along very nicely and come up on some guy in the left lane barely going the speed limit. I pass them and glare (internally of course just in case they are armed!) and think, “that old geezer needs to get off the road!”…then shortly I’m driving along very nicely and some guy goes shooting by me and I think, “that guy is an idiot speed-demon!”

So except for those cases, and maybe a few 100 others, I Never Judge anyone….well, unless I’m in the MDR and I see some guy who is dressed less well than I am and I scoff at that Slob.  Then see a guy wearing a much nicer outfit than I am and I scoff at that Show Off. 

Den

Hey you!  I just got my new used car (can’t afford new) and I’m being real careful.  So I drive 55 in the left lane where there is less traffic.  You’d be amazed to see how many people honk at me to tell me what a safe driver I am.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Hey you!  I just got my new used car (can’t afford new) and I’m being real careful.  So I drive 55 in the left lane where there is less traffic.  You’d be amazed to see how many people honk at me to tell me what a safe driver I am.

And show you that you are number one. 😂

15 hours ago, D C said:

I'll be judging you for being the self-centered, disrespectful person you are. 

Fair enough. I failed to consider a third option. 

It's all about you. Got it.

Edited by Bgwest

19 hours ago, the penguins said:

Since when? Rules say "designer' jeans whatever that means. We have never seen the rules enforced in the MDR which is a pity. Enforce them or drop them.

Equinox back in 2019, queue to enter the MDR had people wearing both.  Agree fully, enforce, drop or maybe even modernise.