Move up Offer - Question

Travelbugs2.2

4 hours ago, hazelk said:

We have bid in three categories, two are shown as pending the other shown separately allowing us to amend our offer, as we have never done this before I am a bit confused as to why they are different?  

Perhaos Celebrity changed the limits on the one category?

I’ve never done this before either. I bid on two and they both say pending. I decided to bid on a third one but it seems I can’t do that now.  At least I can’t see how to.   I did eventually figure out how to modify a bid as everytime i clicked on modify , it went to an error page.    I was scared to keep trying in case I accidentally cancelled my bid!   

6 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Your post made me go and look at my bids to make sure they were still at the level I wanted and I ended up with a reduced bid for one cabin type and it wouldn't let me keep what I had originally bid.

I hope that you consider that a good thing.  I hope you are not saying  saying it will not allow you to bid up to the maximum amount by moving the slide over.

Edited by jagoffee

10 hours ago, pj-atsea said:

I’ve never done this before either. I bid on two and they both say pending. I decided to bid on a third one but it seems I can’t do that now.  At least I can’t see how to.   I did eventually figure out how to modify a bid as everytime i clicked on modify , it went to an error page.    I was scared to keep trying in case I accidentally cancelled my bid!   

I’m having a similar issue. I made two bids and received an email confirmation that they received it. However when I decided to modify my bid and clicked on the modify tab on the email it it sent me to an error page. This has been going on all week. I’ve tried accessing my bid from the website, no success. I tried an icognitio tab and tried erasing my history, changing browsers, still nothing. I sent Move Up an email, no response. How did you eventually solve your problem?

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I hope that you consider that a good thing.  I hope you are not saying  saying it will not allow you to bid up to the maximum amount by moving the slide over.

The original bid I made was to the maximum at that time. The maximum bid was reduced. It only reduced by £5pp for a cabin that is currently not available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

The original bid I made was to the maximum at that time. The maximum bid was reduced. It only reduced by £5pp for a cabin that is currently not available.

I am guessing you are hoping someone in a RS will bid for ‘my old PH’ then you can get their RS….Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how you get on.

My apologies to anyone who doesn’t understand this…follow on from another post…

4 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I am guessing you are hoping someone in a RS will bid for ‘my old PH’ then you can get their RS….Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how you get on.

My apologies to anyone who doesn’t understand this…follow on from another post…

Your "old PH" which was the only suite available last night has disappeared from the web site this morning which can probably mean either it has been sold, someone has put a hold on it and it will reappear later or they are sorting out the MoveUp bids.

I made bids on both the RS and the PH to cover me if an RS person got the PH or if someone else got the RS it meant that we still had a chance on the PH. I will let you know the outcome but we are perfectly happy with our original suite.

• Thanks 1

Waiting for a response on a move up  There is still one or two cabins available in my requested category..  Bid at least a month ago. Solstice sail on Friday 8/26.  Today is Wednesday still pending.  When do the rejection notices usually come out.  We fly out this afternoon to Seattle and are antsy.

57 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Waiting for a response on a move up  There is still one or two cabins available in my requested category..  Bid at least a month ago. Solstice sail on Friday 8/26.  Today is Wednesday still pending.  When do the rejection notices usually come out.  We fly out this afternoon to Seattle and are antsy.

Pretty sure it says you will be informed at least 2 days before sail date so I'm assuming you should find out today, let us know how you get on, fingers crossed for you!

13 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

I’m having a similar issue. I made two bids and received an email confirmation that they received it. However when I decided to modify my bid and clicked on the modify tab on the email it it sent me to an error page. This has been going on all week. I’ve tried accessing my bid from the website, no success. I tried an icognitio tab and tried erasing my history, changing browsers, still nothing. I sent Move Up an email, no response. How did you eventually solve your problem?

Well, I think I went to the website, signed in. Then went to check manage reservation. When I did that  there were boxes with different things, like drink pkgs etc.  there was also one to upgrade. When I clicked on that it showed me what I had bid .   Also had the modify/cancel button. When I clicked on it this time, it allowed me to modify.    At least that’s what I think I did.  I was playing around different things but that’s what I remember.  I also sent emails but didn’t get any helpful response.    Hope you have some luck.  I lowered my bid,  now I’m thinking that was a bad move.! 

So, comment is out of context, but now thinking with X doing the move up program that it pretty much alleviates the chances of just a normal upgrade? Has anyone had an upgrade in the past without having to bid on it?

8 minutes ago, choochella said:

So, comment is out of context, but now thinking with X doing the move up program that it pretty much alleviates the chances of just a normal upgrade? Has anyone had an upgrade in the past without having to bid on it?

Still happens per scarce reports here, but nowhere near as frequently as it once did.

Edited by canderson
Typoz

17 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Just following up on my last post, I rechecked the bid levels today and the maximum amounts for both cabins had increased since yesterday not by much but the £5 saving yesterday has now gone £25 upwards so they are messing about with the bid levels through the bidding process.

I cannot remember the bottom end of the bid levels to assess if they had changed.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

5 hours ago, pj-atsea said:

Well, I think I went to the website, signed in. Then went to check manage reservation. When I did that  there were boxes with different things, like drink pkgs etc.  there was also one to upgrade. When I clicked on that it showed me what I had bid .   Also had the modify/cancel button. When I clicked on it this time, it allowed me to modify.    At least that’s what I think I did.  I was playing around different things but that’s what I remember.  I also sent emails but didn’t get any helpful response.    Hope you have some luck.  I lowered my bid,  now I’m thinking that was a bad move.! 

Thanks for your response. I tried what you remember doing. Still no luck. Of course Celebrity move up never responded to my email. Am I just a crotchety old person or has customer service become non existent? It doesn’t matter where, you can’t get a live person on the phone and if you do, chances are they are useless. Not to knock customer service reps, most try their best. But in this automated world they are limited by what their computers allow. Ok I had my rant for the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thanks for your response. I tried what you remember doing. Still no luck. Of course Celebrity move up never responded to my email. Am I just a crotchety old person or has customer service become non existent? It doesn’t matter where, you can’t get a live person on the phone and if you do, chances are they are useless. Not to knock customer service reps, most try their best. But in this automated world they are limited by what their computers allow. Ok I had my rant for the day.

Celebrity move up is handled by an outside firm I believe…not sure they would respond. You either bid and they accept, no backing at that time, or don’t bid. 

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Celebrity move up is handled by an outside firm I believe…not sure they would respond. You either bid and they accept, no backing at that time, or don’t bid. 

That’s what I thought but big surprise, Celebrity Move Up got back to me about an hour ago! They assured me that they had my bids and that they are under review. Of course I rather have heard from Plus Upgrade, the third party that runs this program, but I’m happy to know that at the very least my bids are still active even though I can’t access them.  I’m hoping that the fact that they are under review means I’m more likely to have my bid accepted, but my cruise is still close to 2 months away so it’s unlikely. Also I put in very close to minimum bids. Whatever,.. I’m still in the game😀

8 hours ago, choochella said:

I was upgraded to Aqua in May on the Celebrity Beyond .Didn’t ask for it . Just arrived at the ship and on booking in was told of the change 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lastdance said:

So, what happens if there are over 60 Sky suites available.  Do the lower bids go to the S3's and uppers bids to S1's and S2's?  Anyone had a situation where a huge amount of suites were available?

Good question.  It would be very surprising to me for there to be 60 Sky Suites still available.  What ship and cruise date?

i would guess that Celebrity would reduce the SS pricing with that many being open.

15 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Ok I just went through the steps I took, and made notes.  Try it, hope it works for you.

go to celebrity website.   Sign in. Click on Manage Trip.  Then scroll down to the last item , which is Upgrade with move up.     Click on that. It takes you to another page.  Then enter your last name and reservation number.   Your bid should come up and the status also. Ie: pending.     Pj

On 8/23/2022 at 7:24 PM, dleahy4444 said:

Same with me .. I got confirmation email , listing the bids but when i try to  modify or look i get an error page I sent them an email and heard nothing back 

26 minutes ago, pj-atsea said:

Ok I just went through the steps I took, and made notes.  Try it, hope it works for you.

go to celebrity website.   Sign in. Click on Manage Trip.  Then scroll down to the last item , which is Upgrade with move up.     Click on that. It takes you to another page.  Then enter your last name and reservation number.   Your bid should come up and the status also. Ie: pending.     Pj

26 minutes ago, pj-atsea said:

even though I made bids when they sent me an email and they sent me a conformation email with the bids .. I cannot see them or modify them .. and when I go to the manage trip put in my reservations and name .. nothing happens .. 

• Like 1

I would like to bid on a RS although I highly doubt I will get any as the cruise I am on all suites are sold out. The only thing holding me back if for some strange reason we get one and we test positive for covid and can't go would we get that money refunded. We are booked under the Cruise with Confidence. I haven't seen anything if it covered by insurance.