Price adjustment issue

There was a small decrease for my booking. I decided to call RCI this morning to ask for the price adjustment. The agent couldn’t find it and said there’s a $25 increase if I wanted to adjust. First of all, who would call for a price increase on an existing booking. 

Everything was the same as my current booking. Same room category, dates, etc. I asked if I could send a screenshot but apparently they don’t have access to email. 

There should be a way for customers to show RCI what they’re seeing. I tweeted RCI and they just said sorry.

After 20+ minutes on the phone, I gave up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ChickonRules said:

There was a small decrease for my booking. I decided to call RCI this morning to ask for the price adjustment. The agent couldn’t find it and said there’s a $25 increase if I wanted to adjust. First of all, who would call for a price increase on an existing booking. 

Everything was the same as my current booking. Same room category, dates, etc. I asked if I could send a screenshot but apparently they don’t have access to email. 

There should be a way for customers to show RCI what they’re seeing. I tweeted RCI and they just said sorry.

After 20+ minutes on the phone, I gave up.

I will bet you were looking at the total price including taxes and fees.  Only the cruise fare will ever be adjusted, the port fees and taxes stay the same.  Your cruise fare could easily gone up while the taxes went down resulting in what appeared to be a lower price. 

• Like 1

Also keep in mind that "balcony" is not a category, it's a type of cabin.  Only if the exact category of cabin, 1D, 2D, 3D, etc. has lowered in price will you eligible for a price adjustment.

It's possible another category within your cabin type has dropped in price but your category went up in price.  If you are booked in a 4D balcony but the 2D balcony is now lower that does not qualify for a 4D price adjustment.  Or if they are now offering a GTY cabin at a lower price that doesn't qualify an existing non-GTY cabin type for a price adjustment.

If it is before final payment due date you might be able to change cabin categories to get a lower price but that means changing cabins.

You would need to post all of your exact details, minus cabin number, for anyone to really know what's going on.  

• Like 1

So I just compared the two bookings. It’s the same room category 1D. The cruise fares for guest 1 and 2 are slightly different. When I have the time again I will call in and see if the agent sees this slight difference. If not, I’ll walk them through a mock booking as some of you have suggested.

5F181E75-29C8-45EB-878D-D7AE9D46EBEA.jpeg

C7ABBF75-C483-4FEE-93C1-10E6D017C10B.png

2 hours ago, ChickonRules said:

So I just compared the two bookings. It’s the same room category 1D. The cruise fares for guest 1 and 2 are slightly different. When I have the time again I will call in and see if the agent sees this slight difference. If not, I’ll walk them through a mock booking as some of you have suggested.

5F181E75-29C8-45EB-878D-D7AE9D46EBEA.jpeg

C7ABBF75-C483-4FEE-93C1-10E6D017C10B.png

Is the difference being Fore vs Aft vs Midship?

I know sometimes when booking, certain sections of the ship are "included" in the base price, and others have an additional fee.  

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Is the difference being Fore vs Aft vs Midship?

I know sometimes when booking, certain sections of the ship are "included" in the base price, and others have an additional fee.  

As long as both are a 1D location woukd not matter.  1D is midship.  A 3D is forward or aft. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As long as both are a 1D location woukd not matter.  1D is midship.  A 3D is forward or aft. 

Thanks, I never looked enough to figure out what was what (you know me, I just go cheap... get me on the ship, that's all I care about!).  

I wonder who gets to decide what is a "premium" location, since everyone seems to have a different idea of what is "best"?

Just now, brillohead said:

Thanks, I never looked enough to figure out what was what (you know me, I just go cheap... get me on the ship, that's all I care about!).  

I wonder who gets to decide what is a "premium" location, since everyone seems to have a different idea of what is "best"?

Royals actually simplified it about 4 years ago.  They akso used to bas price on deck level as well as forward or aft vs midship.

Crazy thing us that there does need to be a divining line between fire znd aft so you get a 2D balcony beside a 4D balcony and the 2D pays a premium. Dividng line is close to the elevator banks. 

• Like 3