Prebooking Balcony Breakfasts and Balcony Dinners is back!

canadarocks

Just checked our cruise on the Sky Princess next February and under Onboard Services -> Food & Beverage Experiences, the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast and Ultimate Balcony Dinner are available to pre-book. They weren't there a few days ago. 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Did they give the price for each?

They are listed in our NOV 2022 Personalizer at $45 & $100.  I think that is the old pricing (I know the $100 was the old price although we have never done it).

ETA:  Also there for our OCT 2022 voyages (but we are not in a Balcony then).

Edited by Steelers36

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They are listed in our NOV 2022 Personalizer at $45 & $100.  I think that is the old pricing (I know the $100 was the old price although we have never done it).

ETA:  Also there for our OCT 2022 voyages (but we are not in a Balcony then).

Did you find it under DMW on the app?  If so, I can't find anything for my upcoming 10/29 on the Discovery.  Do you know if it's fleetwide or ship specific?

5 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Did you find it under DMW on the app?  If so, I can't find anything for my upcoming 10/29 on the Discovery.  Do you know if it's fleetwide or ship specific?

HUH???  UBB and UBD are not things for DMW.  They are under Onboard Services in Cruise Personalizer.  See the OP to see how this person saw they were being offered again.

ETA:  As I posted, I saw them setup for offer on our Fall 2022 voyages which cover two ships - Regal & Island.

Edited by Steelers36

On my personalizer, under dining> specialty dining> Ultimate Balcony Dining, it only

lists:

A Private Breakfast with a view

A luxurious breakfast experience at sea all served right on the privacy of your own balcony by our dedicated waitstaff. Treat yourself to this unparalleled indulgence and savor food, views, and memories that will never be forgotten.

Additional charges apply.

No dinner mentioned.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

On my personalizer, under dining> specialty dining> Ultimate Balcony Dining, it only

lists:

A Private Breakfast with a view

A luxurious breakfast experience at sea all served right on the privacy of your own balcony by our dedicated waitstaff. Treat yourself to this unparalleled indulgence and savor food, views, and memories that will never be forgotten.

Additional charges apply.

No dinner mentioned.

website
Go to your booking

Cruise personalizer 

onboard services

Food and beverage experiences

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

We managed to book balcony dinner via our TA for our July Discovery cruise. 

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

HUH???  UBB and UBD are not things for DMW.  They are under Onboard Services in Cruise Personalizer.  See the OP to see how this person saw they were being offered again.

ETA:  As I posted, I saw them setup for offer on our Fall 2022 voyages which cover two ships - Regal & Island.

Got it, thanks, just assumed anything dining related had to go thru the app.  I noticed there is not an option for delivery times.  I guess you arrange that once on board.

3 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Got it, thanks, just assumed anything dining related had to go thru the app.  I noticed there is not an option for delivery times.  I guess you arrange that once on board.

I believe that's how it is done.  I gather if you have a special date in mind, I'd call the Dine Line soon after boarding.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

ANOTHER case of conflicting information from Princess.

I'm guessing that you've decided to abandon Princess in favor of another cruise line? You don't sound really happy with Princess. 

31 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

You can add a time in the message box.

But, they will give you a confirmation on embarkation day and you will call them to confirm or change the day and tell them the preferred time. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

ANOTHER case of conflicting information from Princess.

TA’s have been able to book it. I just haven’t bothered yet, as they have said all  along they wanted to bring it back.  Delayed the return of it because of covid and staff shortages.

So, I’m very happy they did. 

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I'm guessing that you've decided to abandon Princess in favor of another cruise line? You don't sound really happy with Princess. 

No, I've got one booked for mid Sept.

If we could somehow fire the incompetence, ignorance and apathy that runs rampant with the customer service in Santa Clarita and the lack of clear communications across the board, it would be a good start.

I haven't sold my shares... yet.

I’ve read posts from passengers who have been able to pre-book the UBD only to learn onboard that it was unavailable.

Hopefully that’s not a problem with these future reservations but until staffing returns to normal it’s questionable. Diamond’s cruises were canceled on short notice due to insufficient staffing so they’re still experiencing staffing problems.

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve read posts from passengers who have been able to pre-book the UBD only to learn onboard that it was unavailable.

Hopefully that’s not a problem with these future reservations but until staffing returns to normal it’s questionable. Diamond’s cruises were canceled on short notice due to insufficient staffing so they’re still experiencing staffing problems.

Was this recently?  Because these just became available to book. I’ve been checking every week or two.

Some had booked through a TA or a long time ago, when it was under celebration’s in the cruise personalizer. Then, the restart changed things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was this recently?  Because these just became available to book. I’ve been checking every week or two.

Some had booked through a TA or a long time ago, when it was under celebration’s in the cruise personalizer. Then, the restart changed things. 

As I recall the most recent posts were about a month or so ago & hopefully now that you see the UBD being available maybe that’s a good sign. 🤞 

On our Spring cruises to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary we tried to get a UBD…nope. 😟 Then tried for a WM Dinner…nope. 😟 We had to settle for the Crown Grill which was tasty. 😋 Good meal but not as specialty as a UBD for our anniversary.

1 hour ago, ghgeckos said:

Has anyone had experience ordering a Gluten Free Balcony Dinner or Breakfast?

We have done balcony dinners on a couple of occasions with someone that has celiac disease. When making arrangements for the dinner you are asked about any food allergies.

• Like 1