Lahaina cruise port name or address?

Hi,

I’m am doing the October 3rd 2022 from Vancouver to Honolulu on the Quantum of the Seas. We have an overnighter in Lahaina. Does anyone know what the port’s name or address is? I need to book a vehicle and need an address.

thanks in advance

😁

Tracey

13 minutes ago, traceytd said:

Does anyone know what the port’s name or address is? I need to book a vehicle and need an address.

That's a tender port and many go up to the Hertz place in Kaanapali to pick up the car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lahaina doesn't have a cruise ship pier or terminal.  There is a small harbor used by all local tour boats and the tenders from cruise ships that visit.  The dock is part of Lahaina Harbor.

From Google maps:

image.thumb.jpeg.9af151ab02282412bf03e110c36439ae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.988e7cdc7ba1767cba6c43711c92f2e0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Tell me where you want to go, I’ll tell you how to get there. We live there 4-5 months of the year. Yet somehow I still have a job. 

We are not sure where to go. We are there for 2 nights. Road to Hana seems like a long day in a car. Maybe if you have suggestions? We wanted to rent a car and do some sightseeing.

🙂

Or go out to Io Valley State Park.  Kimo's in Lahaina for lunch. Or maybe out to the mall. Old Lahaina Luau for dinner and the show. Have fun! 😃

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, traceytd said:

We are not sure where to go. We are there for 2 nights. Road to Hana seems like a long day in a car. Maybe if you have suggestions? We wanted to rent a car and do some sightseeing.

🙂

Lots of great things mentioned above...

Maui on the Cheap (less expensive)

After walking and touring Lahaina, perhaps even taking the self-guided history tour of Lahaina get thee to the bus. (perhaps download the free Maui Bus App) The bus starts at the back of the Wharf Cinema building. Jump on the bus (Ka’anapali Islander or West Maui Islander) for a cheap cheap price and head to Whaler’s Village. This is the location of Ka’anapali Beach, Whaler’s museum. If you snorkel grab a cheap snorkel kit (leave it near the beach when done) at the ABC Store and head north of Black Rock for some beach and snorkel time. Or explore the area and get lunch at Hula Grill or Duke’s or one of the other restaurants. 

Bus all day pass is $4 (ask the driver) or $ 2 a ride and $ 1 seniors

Or get on the Lahaina Islander and head toward Kahului and the Queen’s Mall but either get off at the Maui Ocean Center (Aquarium and other ocean related things here) this is a small mall. Or stay on the bus for another ten minutes and get off near the Maui Tropical Plantation. (Tell the driver as you won’t know when to pull the cord) Walk carefully down to the area and take the tour or just walk around. Do the Zip-line, if you are into that.

Haven’t got enough of the ship’s magician on this cruise? When in Lahaina go to Warren and Annabelle’s show. Skip the dinner, just get show tickets. Even the jaded always seem to like the show. 

Of course, a luau would be nice, but you probably can’t get tickets…

You can check out all these things online prior to going… Plenty of you tube videos to watch

You could also go on a sunset dinner cruise out of Lahaina.

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Lots of great things mentioned above...

Maui on the Cheap (less expensive)

After walking and touring Lahaina, perhaps even taking the self-guided history tour of Lahaina get thee to the bus. (perhaps download the free Maui Bus App) The bus starts at the back of the Wharf Cinema building. Jump on the bus (Ka’anapali Islander or West Maui Islander) for a cheap cheap price and head to Whaler’s Village. This is the location of Ka’anapali Beach, Whaler’s museum. If you snorkel grab a cheap snorkel kit (leave it near the beach when done) at the ABC Store and head north of Black Rock for some beach and snorkel time. Or explore the area and get lunch at Hula Grill or Duke’s or one of the other restaurants. 

Bus all day pass is $4 (ask the driver) or $ 2 a ride and $ 1 seniors

Or get on the Lahaina Islander and head toward Kahului and the Queen’s Mall but either get off at the Maui Ocean Center (Aquarium and other ocean related things here) this is a small mall. Or stay on the bus for another ten minutes and get off near the Maui Tropical Plantation. (Tell the driver as you won’t know when to pull the cord) Walk carefully down to the area and take the tour or just walk around. Do the Zip-line, if you are into that.

Haven’t got enough of the ship’s magician on this cruise? When in Lahaina go to Warren and Annabelle’s show. Skip the dinner, just get show tickets. Even the jaded always seem to like the show. 

Of course, a luau would be nice, but you probably can’t get tickets…

You can check out all these things online prior to going… Plenty of you tube videos to watch

You could also go on a sunset dinner cruise out of Lahaina.

Wow thanks for the info. I will certainly look at this.😁

20 hours ago, traceytd said:

Hi,

I’m am doing the October 3rd 2022 from Vancouver to Honolulu on the Quantum of the Seas. We have an overnighter in Lahaina. Does anyone know what the port’s name or address is? I need to book a vehicle and need an address.

thanks in advance

😁

Tracey

Hi, We are on the same cruise.  I don't have an answer to your question, except I would list the ship's name and Lahaina Harbour as the address.

I started a thread about check-in for this sailing a couple of days ago but really have not received too many answers. I have a question for you, if you don't mind - have you done your check-in yet AND were you able to get a boarding/arrival time?  Check-in was available late on Thursday/early Friday morning, but were unable to get an arrival time.  I have called Royal twice about this and the misinformation they are giving out is unreal.  Anyways - we did not enter our vaccination documentation as it didn't ask for it, which we thought was strange.  One agent says that the IT dept basically screwed up in that they will require the info and they will fix it and another one says that only cruises leaving from Singapore have to enter vaccine documentation - no other cruises from anywhere have to enter before boarding (just show it at the terminal) and the agent was adamant).  I know we have entered our vaccine info on the ArriveCan app, so maybe that is sufficient, but no one seems to have a definitive answer.  I was also told that they only release the arrival/boarding times on a certain day of the week.🙂 So just wondering if you were able to get a time?

Thanks,

Canuck

13 hours ago, CanuckCruizer said:

Hi, We are on the same cruise.  I don't have an answer to your question, except I would list the ship's name and Lahaina Harbour as the address.

I started a thread about check-in for this sailing a couple of days ago but really have not received too many answers. I have a question for you, if you don't mind - have you done your check-in yet AND were you able to get a boarding/arrival time?  Check-in was available late on Thursday/early Friday morning, but were unable to get an arrival time.  I have called Royal twice about this and the misinformation they are giving out is unreal.  Anyways - we did not enter our vaccination documentation as it didn't ask for it, which we thought was strange.  One agent says that the IT dept basically screwed up in that they will require the info and they will fix it and another one says that only cruises leaving from Singapore have to enter vaccine documentation - no other cruises from anywhere have to enter before boarding (just show it at the terminal) and the agent was adamant).  I know we have entered our vaccine info on the ArriveCan app, so maybe that is sufficient, but no one seems to have a definitive answer.  I was also told that they only release the arrival/boarding times on a certain day of the week.🙂 So just wondering if you were able to get a time?

Thanks,

Canuck

Hi, 

Unfortunately, I was not able to go further than passports, emergency contact, photo and credit card. It also says that it’s not ready for us.

Do you also cruise on Princess? Your name seems familiar. 

Anyways, it’s our first time doing Hawaii. We finally booked things to do: first day in Lahaina, Old Lahaina Luau and the second day, Road to Hana. (I was debating on the Road to Hana but EVERYONE lol seems to say it’s the thing to do) I hope I don’t regret the long periods of time in a vehicle.

In Honolulu, we are staying there 5 extra nights. We are renting a car through TURO. I had never heard of this and saved lots of money.

I can’t wait for this cruise. It’s the first time I’ve booked a cruise so far ahead like this one, over 1 year…

See you onboard 🥂😎😁

On 8/20/2022 at 8:38 PM, traceytd said:

Hi,

thanks in advance

😁

Tracey

I've done an overnight in Lahaina in the past and rented a car for the two days.  There was a municipal parking lot not too far from the park with the huge banyan tree where I left the car overnight.  The road to Hana is not for those with motion sickness, but worth the drive.  Also, Da Kitchen is my go-to place for loco moco.  It used to be in Kahului and was a convenient stop on the way back from Hana.

Have fun. 

On 8/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Tell me where you want to go, I’ll tell you how to get there. We live there 4-5 months of the year. Yet somehow I still have a job. 

Can we come and visit you for a few weeks. 😂

Honestly, I’m a bit jealous but I’ll survive. 

3 hours ago, traceytd said:

Hi, 

Unfortunately, I was not able to go further than passports, emergency contact, photo and credit card. It also says that it’s not ready for us.

Do you also cruise on Princess? Your name seems familiar. 

Anyways, it’s our first time doing Hawaii. We finally booked things to do: first day in Lahaina, Old Lahaina Luau and the second day, Road to Hana. (I was debating on the Road to Hana but EVERYONE lol seems to say it’s the thing to do) I hope I don’t regret the long periods of time in a vehicle.

In Honolulu, we are staying there 5 extra nights. We are renting a car through TURO. I had never heard of this and saved lots of money.

I can’t wait for this cruise. It’s the first time I’ve booked a cruise so far ahead like this one, over 1 year…

See you onboard 🥂😎😁

traceytd - thanks for your reply.  That is exactly what happened to us re check-in.  One minute it says it is Closed and to check in at the pier and then it says that we are not ready for you.  Very frustrating.

Used to cruise Princess a lot years ago, but haven't been since 2009, so I don't frequent that board very much.

Your plan for Maui sounds good - that luau is very famous and supposed to be one of the best.

We have had this cruise booking since 2018 - it started out as the Freedom, then it was redeployed to Explorer, then we moved to Oasis, then Oasis was chartered, then it was turned into the Odyssey & then finally the Quantum for the Hawaii sailing (I think I remembered everything correctly....ha), so we REALLY hope to go.  Haven't been on a cruise since 2019.  Ironically, it was the same one - Vancouver to Hawaii on the Solstice.

Having some medical issues that have just come up, so fingers and toes crossed that we can go.

Canuck

• Like 1

The Road to Hana is incredible and the trip back to Lindbergh's grave is equally fun. I would suggest doing that the first day and the doing the luau on the second night. I would have to agree with Loves the beach2 on this one/ It was the absolute best we have ever seen!!!