ETIAS

ski ww

European Travel Information & Authorization System. This is a new system coming into effect as of Jan 2023 for all travel to Europe. But I have heard nothing from my travel agent, airline or from HAL that I have to do this! For our July cruise on our itinerary it does say, "visa required for some nationalities" If this is a must do, why is it not mentioned by HAL or the airlines?

Mostly because the final details are yet to be published.

The commencement date has yet to be decided, but it will probably be towards the end of 2023.  Maybe even November.  I will not be in effect by January 2023.

The notice on the itinerary about "visa required by some nationalities"  is just HAL doing a bit of 'A$$ covering'.  It is standard on every itinerary in the past few years, AFAIK.

• Thanks 2

The plan sounds very similar to the Australian system. You will spend a few minutes on a website and, unless you are over 70, a few dollars, and the ETIAS will be digitally attached to your passport.

YOU are always ultimately responsible for any visa or passport requirements, so the warning HAL puts on all bookings is a standard warning.

55 minutes ago, ski ww said:

Thanks. I will keep an eye on it and make sure when it does open, if it happens before our cruise we apply for it. 

As soon as there is a definitive start date, I will post the information (if not already posted!).

• Thanks 2