What do you choose for your first embarkation lunch?

zhuangcorp

I usually like to start off with a nice, fresh salad from the Lido and then some times I like to start with a Dive In Burger.............all is so good.............decisions, decisions, decisions......................

Edited by doone
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I prefer MDR, and DW likes the Lido; so we flip a coin. 🙂

I imagine the MDR would be all nice and quiet, with the Lido quite bustling. Is that true?

Also, is it possible that HAL would assign you a boarding time that is too late to make it for lunch?

6 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

I imagine the MDR would be all nice and quiet, with the Lido quite bustling. Is that true?

Also, is it possible that HAL would assign you a boarding time that is too late to make it for lunch?

Yes to both!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

Is there a way to avoid being too late for lunch? That would be a pretty big disappointment to start your cruise. 

The MDR lunch is the same every day so there is no reason to rush to get there.  

We eat a light lunch in the lido anticipating a delightful and full dinner in the dining room. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, birdie16 said:

I usually try to eat low calorie and healthy. Then...reality hits and I realize I'm on a cruise! So, my first meal is a boring salad in the Lido...my last diet food of the cruise.

Cruising and dieting are not compatible with each other. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACorgan said:

I thought I remembered someone raving about the peanut butter pie at the Lido on embarkation day? I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my list to look for on my next cruise

Haven't heard of that. I'll have to look for it as well on our next sailing. Sounds delicious!

I like to go and see what they are having in the Lido, and if it doesn't appeal then I grab a salad then look forward to dinner.  It usually takes me a few days to make it to the Dive In.  I don't go to MDR much but will join my husband at least on the first day and for gala.  He goes to MDR every night with exception when we go to specialty dining.  

7 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

I like to go and see what they are having in the Lido, and if it doesn't appeal then I grab a salad then look forward to dinner.  It usually takes me a few days to make it to the Dive In.  I don't go to MDR much but will join my husband at least on the first day and for gala.  He goes to MDR every night with exception when we go to specialty dining.  

Wow, a special occasion when you and your husband dine together... an intriguing concept. 😉

2 hours ago, ACorgan said:

I thought I remembered someone raving about the peanut butter pie at the Lido on embarkation day? I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my list to look for on my next cruise

People do but I would say it average.  There are better things for sure.

• Like 1