Has anyone on Cruise Critic Forum stayed in a Splendor Cat H stateroom?

vaitape

Check this thread, right at the top of the forum.

edit:  just checked after I posted.  Doesn't look like there are any reviews of an H yet, but then again, there don't appear to be many H suites.

Edited by RJ2002

I was about to answer yes because I was so sure 786 on Splendor was cat H but it turns out it is G2. We sailed on the 2020 Panama Canal cruise in Feb 2020. I wouldn’t pick this same cabin again because it was so small and tight but it was perfect for the day we transited the canal. Hopefully someone else can help. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I think the consensus here has been that they are pretty small.  That's all I know. Long time, no see, we met on the PG.  I suspect the cabins are like that.

The PG cabins on the lower decks are that small. But Splendor has a lot more public space than PG so you would have way more ship to explore. A 7 to 10 cruise would probably be OK in an H on Splendor, especially if it's port intensive.

• Like 1

Regent’s web site shows the category H suites as only 219 square feet with an 88 square foot balcony. Same as the Explorer. There was a story on this board when these ships were launched that these suites were originally planned for use by solo cruisers. I don’t know if this was true, but they are a bit small for two.

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 2

We must be the odd balls, we are very comfortable for 2 to 3 week cruises in a cabin of -200 sq ft. Of course more is nice , but to have an aft facing baloney is the icing on the cake for us. No way are we going to spend the price of a named suite. We have always taken a low/lowest cat baloney suite on Regent even for grand voyages and world cruises. I can report on the aft facing G2 in Dec after we spend 17 days in one. This is smaller than the Mariner suites and we think her entry level suites are wonderful. Where as many complain that those are even too small.

Edited by cwn
  • Like 1

We're used to Oceania A3 cabins which are 168 sq ft cabin and 50 sq ft veranda.

Splendor Cat H is 219 sq ft and 88 sq ft veranda.

And yes, we spent sooo many wonderful days on Paul Gauguin where the cabins are small but so well planned and the veranda though small brought us hours of incredible views of the islands. 

Oceania Cat A cabins have lots of drawers, shelves, and cubbies plus on the R ships, the closet is in the hallway across from the tiny but adequate bathroom. The location of the closet provided easier access than the closet location next to the bed on Riviera and Marina.

My concern is the seeming lack of storage space in Splendor's Cat H. I'm not concerned about the size of the cabin but more about the amount of storage space.

And Hi Wendy!! Hope you've been doing well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vaitape said:

And Hi Wendy!! Hope you've been doing well.

Hi, yes, hanging in there, thanks.  I agree that the PG staterooms are absolutely the best planned I've ever experienced.  I used to call them "tiny, perfect cabins", obviously designed by a proper marine designer/architect.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know I've chimed in more times than anyone wants to hear, but I feel that the Cat H cabins are just too damn small for a couple, even a very cozy couple.

The G's are noticeably roomier and more comfortable for not much more money.

And I always recommend people see if an F2 is in the budget - yeah, it's a bit more money - but it's a LOT more cabin with a fantastic layout.

So my advice is stretch for the F2 if you can, but really, a G is a much better deal than an H and really not much more expensive.  As always, just my opinion....

• Like 2