VISTA cancellations?

GICNJC

My travel agent just let me know.  Supply chain issues and soft goods will not arrive in time.  She said Oceania would be notifying clients officially around noon today.  Sad. An inaugural cruise was on our bucket list.

We are booked for August and this is exactly why I waited 4 months after the planned inaugural. I figured there could be supply chain issues.

Of course we may also be victims of cancellation if it gets delayed further. Unfortunately it’s going to be difficult for those cancelled to move sailings in 2023 as most are already sold out. 

Edited by WNcruiser

Looking at Oceania’s web site, I take this to mean that all cruises for June 2023 are cancelled.  (Trieste -> Athens, Athens -> Istanbul and  Istanbul -> Rome, ending June 25 2023).

Is it likely that there will be further delays?  

14 minutes ago, navelgunner said:

Looking at Oceania’s web site, I take this to mean that all cruises for June 2023 are cancelled.  (Trieste -> Athens, Athens -> Istanbul and  Istanbul -> Rome, ending June 25 2023).

What makes you say that, 20th may still showing on uk site

1 hour ago, navelgunner said:

They may not know  until  the New Year 

Lots of things can happen  before May/June  next year

SO happy I anticipated a screw-up and cancelled my b2b inaugural voyages!

Dear Vista Inaugural Season Guests,

We have an important update for you regarding your Vista Inaugural Voyage. Unfortunately, we must cancel Vista’s three initial Inaugural Voyages (April 14, April 26, and May 6, 2023) due to supply chain and logistical challenges. We realize your voyage was highly anticipated and what a great disappointment this must be. We want you to know this is not a decision we undertook lightly, and we wanted to make this decision as early as possible so that you have ample time to re-schedule your vacation.

You will automatically receive a full (100%) refund of all funds that have been applied to your reservation. All government taxes along with ancillary items purchased through Oceania Cruises will also be refunded. Ancillary items eligible for refund include Oceania Cruises’ travel protection, transfers, shore excursions, hotel/land packages, air add-ons and fees, visas, pre-purchased beverage packages and culinary experiences. 

In addition, you will also receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 25% of the fare reserved for your Vista Inaugural Season cruise. Future Cruise Credits can be used on any cruise booked within one year (September 1, 2023) and sailing within two years from date of issue (September 1, 2024). 

While we cannot offer specific re-booking opportunities, I encourage you to contact your preferred Travel Advisor or call us at the applicable phone number listed below to explore voyage options. We have limited stateroom availability and waitlist opportunities across Vista’s 2023 Europe season, and we also have excellent availability during Vista’s maiden 2023-2024 Caribbean season.

We thank you for your understanding and hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a special journey aboard Vista that invites you to experience your world from a new perspective.

Sincerely, 

Carlos E. Ortega

Vice President, Guest Services

For any further assistance, please contact your Travel Advisor or Oceania Cruises at:

United States and Canada 855-OCEANIA (855-623-2642)
 United Kingdom and Europe, MEA +44 345 505 1920
Australia 1300 355 200
New Zealand 0800 625 691

Sincerely,

Customer Service Team 

I had anticipated late delivery of the VISTA Ship due to the COVID issues that raised their heads during construction.  I am booked (our 5th O cruise) on the Transatlantic scheduled for Aug 30, 2023 and hope the delays don't extend to then.  So looking forward to many of the ports they offered for the cruise.

5 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I had anticipated late delivery of the VISTA Ship due to the COVID issues that raised their heads during construction. 

If these were the issues then they should have become evident before now - seven and a half months before the first sold cruise. She was floated awhile back, officials and those supposedly with solid connections reassured all was on schedule.

Now - what about the Riviera refurbishment. Will it be on schedule?

1 hour ago, watersprite said:

we just got a call from our agent. our maiden voyage cruise cancelled.  Cruise Critic website not updated.  No information yet on alternatives, so sad.

See post #10

Just book something later  or wait to see if they will put you on the new maiden cruise

1 hour ago, Condocat said:

Currently booked on the June 11th sailing.   Plan B will a land Tour!

We’re on it also. I screwed up and just last weekend bought air based on Jancruz’s comments! Significant cancellation charges. Wait and See, but don’t have much hope.

Just thinking about the humor if the Swingers on the July charter end up having the “ maiden “ voyage! 🥴😂!

I’m sure FDR would be thrilled to be on that cruise!

😎

Edited by pinotlover
  • Haha 7

47 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We’re on it also. I screwed up and just last weekend bought air based on Jancruz’s comments! Significant cancellation charges. Wait and See, but don’t have much hope.

Just thinking about the humor if the Swingers on the July charter end up having the “ maiden “ voyage! 🥴😂!

I’m sure FDR would be thrilled to be on that cruise!

😎

I am so sorry

Jancruz1

6 hours ago, Robjame said:

If these were the issues then they should have become evident before now - seven and a half months before the first sold cruise. She was floated awhile back, officials and those supposedly with solid connections reassured all was on schedule.

Now - what about the Riviera refurbishment. Will it be on schedule?

Since I have a cruise booked on the Riviera and are making plans, also wonder if it will be on schedule. We shall see. At least they are not having to build the ship but seems like major renovations will take place.

4 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I am so sorry

Jancruz1

How it was your fault? People often ask you for any insight information. You were trying to help and just passed whatever you were informed about the Vista progress. On many other occasions I found the information from you to be very helpful.

Also, with so many cancellations everywhere nowadays and for the Vista inaugural season in particular, I would book a cruise with O air included rather than making any independent non refundable air arrangements.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GICNJC said:

base on past O refit experiences, the small ships are out 2 to 3 week, larger 3 to 5.

The first cruise after the Riviera refit is the transatlantic, relocating for the Caribbean winter. To cancel that cruise would be absolute chaos as many clients  have arranged airfare to Europe. The first Caribbean cruise is the Christmas cruise so I would think they are pretty sure about things.

‘The TA cruise is often undersold so I am guessing they might cruise with workmen on board, if necessary.

BTW - the TA cruise starts with 7 days in an around Spain and France. Lots can be done in that 7 days.

Edited by Robjame