NCL Bliss Live Review 8/27/22 - 9/3/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

BennyBrun

45 minutes ago, Eggs2Go said:

Nice to be able to walk along the Totem Trail with the sun peeking through the leaves. Your photos show a perfect afternoon. 

I couldn’t believe it … the weather was so bad in the morning that I almost gave up but I figured I am already here … I am going to go!

• Like 2

A little family laughter… 

maybe because it’s the family show … I didn’t find him to be particularly funny… a chuckle here and there but the jokes he told have been told by others before him with a better set up but still a nice night out…

282FA74C-2BC9-4592-9178-013C238BAD67.jpeg

CC75FABE-4C09-47F2-9BAC-2FA7C109A92A.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/25/2022 at 1:16 PM, BennyBrun said:

Next Up… ArriveCAN … just another app to download and form to fill out.  Not too bad but time consuming but you will need the QR code to board the ship so got to get that done.  Don’t want to struggle with the spotty service at the terminal to upload and download documents!

When completing the ArriveCAN forms, did you have to upload proof of your negative Covid test in the app?

6 hours ago, Muckyduckway said:

That looked like a lovely relaxing day. Do you know the distance you walked? No point in asking how long it took because I suspect you walk a lot faster than us! 🙂

It was a great day… if you search Sitka National historical park you found find the National Park Service website … it has great distance information… I wonder off the track so I am. It sure the distance… it didn’t seem that far but the whole trip took about 2 hours ( walking to the park and back to the visitor center)

2 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Sitka looks like my kind of place.  Two visits to Alaska never been there, adding it to future travel list!

Great pictures!

Sitka and Skagway… my two favorite stops in Alaska!!  Worth a look!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

It was a great day… if you search Sitka National historical park you found find the National Park Service website … it has great distance information… I wonder off the track so I am. It sure the distance… it didn’t seem that far but the whole trip took about 2 hours ( walking to the park and back to the visitor center)

Thanks, I suspected you might be a wanderer; you do the walking but take us with you, so we don't have to... 😉 Will definitely look up that site if our future cruise takes us to Sitka.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Sitka and Skagway… my two favorite stops in Alaska!!  Worth a look!

Sitka and Skagway are both National Historical Parks, very special places preserved for us. My mind is still back strolling the forest yesterday, it looked so beautiful and peaceful. To my Florida eyes, AK weather appealing too; my phone says current feels like temp here is 102. In Juneau I remember seeing bald eagles everywhere -- soaring above, on the ground at waters edge seeking food, sitting on overhead wires watching the world go by, everywhere. Maybe the eagles like hanging out with all those politicians, IDK.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Eagle  

Bears I doubt I will see one on this trip because I don’t have any exotic excursion booked and I didn’t want to go back to fortress of the bears here in Sitka again because that place is like a zoo for the orphaned bears.  You only need to see it once!  Like the Raptor Center !  Once is enough!

DA23005C-F7CD-4642-9B80-629E7BB2D765.jpeg

E835736E-9C87-4974-98F6-F1032902078E.jpeg

09D02F30-E53A-42A1-9BB7-19E87B116FAB.jpeg

454E2BF4-BB22-48AE-8354-3B0F69D53A92.jpeg

6E75C39B-6AC9-4C5A-859D-B024DFBF1471.jpeg

C263F055-E0FD-44FF-9BF9-EC6428CA83AF.jpeg

2BC45EA5-67F3-4E3A-AE61-0FC8C2DF40C8.jpeg

EFA9B3A2-2D6C-42F5-BC75-E6E41279B9A1.jpeg

5A26B9D6-F1B3-4985-A212-CD2F45918AAE.jpeg

Hi!  1st time to Alaska, would you recommend the raptor and bear "zoo" or save the money and walk around on  our own?  We have the Otter, Raptor and Bear tour booked, is it worth it? Thanks!   Btw:  loving the cruise review!!!  

26 minutes ago, Jukeboxx99 said:

Hi!  1st time to Alaska, would you recommend the raptor and bear "zoo" or save the money and walk around on  our own?  We have the Otter, Raptor and Bear tour booked, is it worth it? Thanks!   Btw:  loving the cruise review!!!  

If you are talking about Sitka my preference is to do the city on my own part nature part city feel but if you really want to see wild life … like it’s your passion not because of FOMO then you should do the tour.  I just wasn’t a fan of the zoo type of setting at the fortress of the bears and the zoo like setting at the Raptor center.

• Thanks 1