NCL Bliss Live Review 8/27/22 - 9/3/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

BennyBrun

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2

They do not do take outs at the Local … somebody wants to order food at 6AM and take it with them to the excursion they booked  … and now the wife is upset and wants to know why they don’t allow food out … 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

We ate half our food one-night around 11PM. wanted to take rest and eat in cabin while we watched movie. We walked out with our plates and out of the Local area, and they started yelling at us, that we couldn't take it out of the restaurant. Was embarrassing. You can take plates of food out of buffet, no one says a word. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

You have to try the "pastelitos" in the observation lounge. Each day...a different flavor. Absolutely heavenly delicious. So light and yummy. My favorite, guava. Mmmm

Ooooh I did see that on the first day I think they had chicken … I certainly will !  Thank you for the suggestion!

10 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

We ate half our food one-night around 11PM. wanted to take rest and eat in cabin while we watched movie. We walked out with our plates and out of the Local area, and they started yelling at us, that we couldn't take it out of the restaurant. Was embarrassing. You can take plates of food out of buffet, no one says a word. 

See if you have left over and you want to take it with you I am all for it … I am surprised they made a scene…yikes… but to place a take out order at 6 AM when they don’t do it and complain is another level of entitlement that I am just not used to !

• Like 2

SIX

I thought about doing the late show instead of the 7pm show but I opted against it because I was told the late show is busier… so I went down to the theater at 6:15 and wow it started to fill up right away after I say down I better get there earlier for Jersey Boys 

D00EFBCE-FB01-45CF-97F0-77ABA344E2FE.jpeg

FABBFC02-2FB8-4493-A04C-6A372CC8EF1F.jpeg

0E4F1F82-ECC3-40D9-BAE7-D3F7CB393185.jpeg

C6BC6132-2352-43B3-8CB9-C51C9DBB907E.jpeg

• Like 4

Day 2

Newly Wed Game… kind of a small space for this … yes it looks big but the actual sitting space is not that many and the timing is weird too… 8:30PM right in between the two big production shows and dinner time… I will have to catch this on the tv

E2857FF3-772D-4336-85E7-13B0A570EA34.jpeg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Ooooh I did see that on the first day I think they had chicken … I certainly will !  Thank you for the suggestion!

Pastelitos are a sweet flaky pastry. No chicken. Just fruit or cheese filled. Look at post #143, 1st picture. They are there on the left (Guava Pastelitos).

Making my mouth water.😛 Sooooo good.

• Like 4

Am I getting the sense you are seeing NCL's quality improving from many of your past cruises on them?

Food looks pretty darn good, great shows and a beautiful ship. We were on the Getaway and I fell in love with the Waterfront areas.  On a full ship we always could find a place to sit and enjoy the surroundings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FlGoodShips said:

Pastelitos are a sweet flaky pastry. No chicken. Just fruit or cheese filled. Look at post #143, 1st picture. They are there on the left (Guava Pastelitos).

Making my mouth water.😛 Sooooo good.

Ahhhh okay… like the ones I had in Versailles in Miami … that was good … okay now I have to go back and find them at the lounge…. Yum yum yum

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Am I getting the sense you are seeing NCL's quality improving from many of your past cruises on them?

Food looks pretty darn good, great shows and a beautiful ship. We were on the Getaway and I fell in love with the Waterfront areas.  On a full ship we always could find a place to sit and enjoy the surroundings. 

Yes but to be fair… I started small and going bigger and bigger… I was on the Epic last year, then the Dawn then Jade and now Bliss.  I have to tell you that Dawn was probably my least favorite ship of all the NCL ship I have been on … bottom of the list… the Bliss is a great ship… I don’t know if I like this better or the Joy or the Encore… it’s a toss up!

• Like 3

The Cavern

Beatles Experience Sgt Pepper 

Excellent show… great singers… too bad the space was not big enough but it’s a great space … soooooo much better than that weird Music Box thing they got going on Royal … you can actually see the stage here and room to put more chairs at the Cavern 

23623B1C-189F-4DF0-8B70-B7D09B322784.jpeg

DA2E277F-820F-4CF5-BBCE-F712601D4285.jpeg

3AFB12AE-5880-4245-B225-D491A2D65DC1.jpeg

48F3EC0E-C4C3-4863-8C71-AADC50C7B3E9.jpeg

3272C82D-6D12-43E9-8662-4BC3D08CB96C.jpeg

A25F7C43-647A-4D58-9FE4-1AE63A2B81AD.jpeg

C3AAA6AA-E72F-499C-9DE5-6E473EBB0C42.jpeg

0B012FD5-FEA6-40EB-A118-584F9CFCEAC5.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, fethiyeden said:

Thanks for doing another live review. Love all your pictures.

Please can you let me know how long the six show lasts?

Trying to sort out dining & shows for our January cruise.

Thanks.

About 75 minutes.  They are doing a total of 3 shows on this cruise.  Day 3 is another chance to see it for this cruise.

• Like 2

I hope you're enjoying your cruise!  My Wife and I head out on the bliss this upcoming Saturday. It will be our first cruise and we are excited.  Do you know if there are any wired network (ethernet) connections in the stateroom?  Thank you!

38 minutes ago, gmandmbf said:

I hope you're enjoying your cruise!  My Wife and I head out on the bliss this upcoming Saturday. It will be our first cruise and we are excited.  Do you know if there are any wired network (ethernet) connections in the stateroom?  Thank you!

Have a great time and welcome to Cruise Critic. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the live review and great pictures... really enjoy following this! We are going to be on the Bliss on Oct 8th for a B2B Alaska cruise and we can not wait. 

I did many cruises already, but this is my first ever Alaska cruise, so I am very curious what you can advice regarding tours or activities in Juneau and Skagway. 

Not sure what to do in Ketchikan or Victoria, but i think we might end up going for a walk and explore what is near the port as time is very limited in those ports. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gmandmbf said:

Have a great cruise!  Remember don’t try to do everything but enjoy everything that you do onboard.  There are no wired connection in the stateroom!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kasimir said:

Thanks for the live review and great pictures... really enjoy following this! We are going to be on the Bliss on Oct 8th for a B2B Alaska cruise and we can not wait. 

I did many cruises already, but this is my first ever Alaska cruise, so I am very curious what you can advice regarding tours or activities in Juneau and Skagway. 

Not sure what to do in Ketchikan or Victoria, but i think we might end up going for a walk and explore what is near the port as time is very limited in those ports. 

Unfortunately this itinerary does not include Skagway which is a bummer … I really enjoy going Skagway it is such a charming town and wished I had more time.  I highly recommend booking the train excursion through NCL and if they still offer it a combo tour with the train.  I would skip anything that involves looking for gold personally and any dance/musical/tribe tours if this is your first time.  Take more panoramic tour / combo tours to get an overall sense yea you will miss a lot of details but you are on a cruise not an expedition so it’s okay.  People already say oh you are on a cruise … you should do a land tour to explore more… my response has always been … really when did you go on a land expedition that expired Alaska in-depth and usually I get a brush off… 

Juneau is the best place to do a combo tour, I liked the bake salmon/whale watching/mendanhall glacier combo but be warned you have to get up early for tours!

have a great time!  It’s an experience… pack layers and bring rain gear as backup!

• Like 5

Sitka

The sun is trying to peek out but it’s going to rain in Sitka.  I am doing Sitka on my own… taking the complimentary shuttle to downtown and an easy walk to the Sitka National Park to walk to the totem pole trail for FREE and see the Russian House for FREE.  Then if I still have time it’s an easy walk to the Raptor Center … I looked at the tours offered through NCL and even with the discount I did not find it worth my while as I have done the glacier/whale watching / orca sighting/crab feast/ kayak before and have always booked at the shore pre Covid for half the price they sell on NCL.

55E37071-D694-41B0-B91A-9150EABF1C21.jpeg

21D91BDA-E99F-497B-A669-9BAAE7BE03FD.jpeg

2501D1B4-8E0D-4B3E-AA9F-17CDD085FF12.jpeg

ADD860DD-858E-473F-9208-520D7769D735.jpeg

F04EC6E6-B7FA-41C9-9F1B-3BA79D5D0EC5.jpeg

5163EF42-5677-4A4F-9E7B-AB02B70E8E30.jpeg

DFDC4FDC-3842-4D60-9C67-33B32DFCE094.jpeg

• Like 6