Question about Debarkation (order)

slyster

Is there any method to how RC chooses group numbers to disembark?  I ask because I just got off Enchantment and I had a group 4 tag.  I live 15 min from the pier and we parked there.  Our dining mates who had a flight at noon out of Baltimore had group 15.  It got me wondering how they arrange it.  I also remember on our last cruise, we had flights out of Puerto Rico at 11:45 a.m. and we had a later group tag.  We were able to change it to an earlier group, but I was surprised when my friend who lives in Puerto Rico had a much earlier group too.  

Any thoughts on this?  Maybe they don't really have a method and everyone is just given random tag numbers based on draw?

3 minutes ago, slyster said:

Is there any method to how RC chooses group numbers to disembark?  I ask because I just got off Enchantment and I had a group 4 tag.  I live 15 min from the pier and we parked there.  Our dining mates who had a flight at noon out of Baltimore had group 15.  It got me wondering how they arrange it.  I also remember on our last cruise, we had flights out of Puerto Rico at 11:45 a.m. and we had a later group tag.  We were able to change it to an earlier group, but I was surprised when my friend who lives in Puerto Rico had a much earlier group too.  

Any thoughts on this?  Maybe they don't really have a method and everyone is just given random tag numbers based on draw?

Suites and Pins first.  RCI transfers are set in a separate group.  How you answered the survey on departure method

I answered that we were coming by car just as our dining mates indicated they were flying out by air.  They debated whether to do self assist.  We considered trading group numbers, but we didn't.  Made no sense why I had such a low number and their number was so much higher.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Suites and Pins first.  RCI transfers are set in a separate group.  How you answered the survey on departure method

I know aside from VIPs and transfers it is supposed to be based on departure survey, but, like the OP, I have not seen much correlation between survey answers and tag numbers.  OTOH I recall a lot of similar tags on my vicinity (which would make luggage sorting much easier). 

Of course tags if one is really in a rush, self disembarkation is fastest. 

I have not filled out a departure survey since the restart. When do you get that?  I always use self assist so don't pay much attention to my tags other than they are always late departure ones

Edited by molly361

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I have not filled out a departure survey since the restart. When do you get that?  

Ours has  been left in our room a couple of days before departure with the regular nightly advertisements and Daily Planner.  There is usually a deadline to turn it back in to Customer Services about two days before the end of the cruise. 

We have gotten into the habit of making our flights later in the day and try to be some of the last people to leave the ship.  I learned that the hard way when we had to 'baby sit our luggage' at Fort Lauderdale International for two hours before United would allow us to check our bags in.  We did not know there was a limit to how early because we had always used Luggage Valet in the past.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have not filled out a departure survey since the restart. When do you get that?  I always use self assist so don't pay much attention to my tags other than they are always late departure ones

IIRC the most recent one was an electronic survey reached by QR scan

• Like 1

I go to customer service half way thru and ask for the earliest number walk off they can give me.

I get the scan to plan card on my bed and cant scan so I go to the customer service desk. That's how to get a earlier time. Pins and key and suites and then me lol. Go and ask!