Debark Tour?

Brickwood

We have a late flight out of FLL after our November cruise and had been looking at a debark tour to the Everglades, however, while it was available in my booking quite some time back, it isn't available any longer.  If I look at excursions on this cruise not in my booking, the debark (and embark) tours show up, but within my booking, Fort Lauderdale is not highlighted so I can't click on it to see the tours.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I'll give Princess a call, but thought I'd reach out to you fine folks prior to doing that.  Thanks in advance.

So for the benefit of anyone with interest, I did call Princess and the rep looked up the excursion I was asking about.  She said it didn't appear to be available the day we return and suggested it may be due to their "worldwide staff shortage".  She indicated they are having problems staffing both ships and excursions and it may change in the future so I might want to keep looking.  Interestingly, she did find availability the day our cruise leaves which is a Saturday, but not the day we return on a Tuesday so it kinda makes sense. Regardless, we've decided to DIY this tour since we have six couples and can rent a van to do the same things for about the same price (probably a bit more than that Princess excursion though FWIW)

I have a cruise booked that sails in 98 days. There are no excursions listed for the cruise! Seriously, I have never seen this happen before. I have a cruise booked that is 586 days out and it has excursions available to book. I have no idea what is going on.

1 minute ago, beg3yrs said:

Grrr ... debark tours for our South America cruise are available in Buenos Aires this coming February, for those with departures after 9 PM. Our flight departs at 8:55 PM... 😣

I'd take it. They usually give a ridiculous amount of time to get through security and its only 5 minutes short. 

My disembark tour in Newark says for flights after 5pm and my flight is for 4:45. I'm good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Grrr ... debark tours for our South America cruise are available in Buenos Aires this coming February, for those with departures after 9 PM. Our flight departs at 8:55 PM... 😣

Given all the current airline schedule changes, here's hoping that they move your departure back 5 or 10 minutes!

Pre-covid that happened to my brother and sister-in-law.  Their flight was scheduled out of Heathrow at 3:45 (IIRC) and the Windsor Castle disembarkation tour was only for passengers on flights after 4 pm.  A few months before the flight the schedule changed to departure at 4:15 pm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:
4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Given all the current airline schedule changes, here's hoping that they move your departure back 5 or 10 minutes!

Pre-covid that happened to my brother and sister-in-law.  Their flight was scheduled out of Heathrow at 3:45 (IIRC) and the Windsor Castle disembarkation tour was only for passengers on flights after 4 pm.  A few months before the flight the schedule changed to departure at 4:15 pm.

Or you could book fast track assistance 

https://airssist.aero/fast-track/Buenos-Aires-airport-in-Mitu/

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 11:14 AM, Brickwood said:

We have a late flight out of FLL after our November cruise and had been looking at a debark tour to the Everglades, however, while it was available in my booking quite some time back, it isn't available any longer.  If I look at excursions on this cruise not in my booking, the debark (and embark) tours show up, but within my booking, Fort Lauderdale is not highlighted so I can't click on it to see the tours.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I'll give Princess a call, but thought I'd reach out to you fine folks prior to doing that.  Thanks in advance.

We have generally spent an extra day or two in Ft. Lauderdale and explored on our own or on locally booked tours (not debark excursions.)   As for staffing shortages mentioned by a Princess employee, that is a very imaginative retort (or figment of his/her imagination,) since excursions are only contracted by Princess (unless it is someplace like Princess Cay.)  You'll be well rewarded by doing your own homework rather than relying on Princess' offerings.  It will probably save you enough to pay for your hotel rooms.

Yes, we are putting together our own DIY tour.  A hotel is not in the cards since flights are already booked for later that day.  The Princess tour would have been very convenient with drop off at the airport and not having to worry about luggage.  I'd hate to have such a tour cancelled last minute and be left without anything to do for hours before our flight so better to find out now.  I will definitely keep this in mind for future cruises.