Eating at the Haven

BirdTravels

On 8/30/2022 at 6:32 AM, david_sobe said:

One reason why the Breakaway/Getaway are some of my least favorite ships.  The Haven is an afterthought and big steps back from its predecessor Epic.  Besides the tiny restaurant, it's courtyard is small and the Haven sundeck has no water features. 
If I was considering the Haven on any NCL ship these ships would be last on my list.  The Escape corrected most of these shortcomings in the Haven.  Then Bliss/Encore took the Haven to another level.  Now Prima took it even higher.  But anyone that has sailed Bliss or Encore or even Epic in the Haven and sailed Breakaway or Getaway, they will be surprised.

• Like 1

I liked the dining room better on the Breakaway than the Bliss.  When we were on the Bliss - it was so bright at dinner and they said they couldn't turn the lights down.  Now - on the Breakaway - I would not want to eat in the courtyard area - I'd wait till a table opened up in the dining room but that's just me.  I did like the sun deck better on the Bliss - so much larger.

40 minutes ago, BEACHBARB said:

I liked the dining room better on the Breakaway than the Bliss.  When we were on the Bliss - it was so bright at dinner and they said they couldn't turn the lights down.  Now - on the Breakaway - I would not want to eat in the courtyard area - I'd wait till a table opened up in the dining room but that's just me.  I did like the sun deck better on the Bliss - so much larger.

In Post #1, you can see the squiggly chandelier in the middle of the room. At night, it chandelier LEDs continually rotate colors. We found the very color changes on our table so distracting, we moved from beneath it one night. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 6:08 PM, BEACHBARB said:

They will be surprised how less crowded it is due to less rooms. I couldn’t disagree with you more. Non prima, because I haven’t been yet. The epic has the best haven followed by the getaway and breakaway. The escape, joy, bliss and encore are still nice but a tad too crowded for me. 

I like the more intimate vibe of the getaway and breakaway haven. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

• Breakfast - $20 per person
  • Lunch - $25 per person
  • Dinner - $45 per person

bringing guests into the haven to dine is not guaranteed. it's at at the discretion of - and with the permission of - the haven restaurant maître d and/or concierge. permission is rarely denied, except if it's incredibly busy or  the privilege has been abused (such as having guests for every meal in the haven). technically, you can't count on bringing guests into the haven. but if you're able to, then those charges apply.