Where do I select arrival time on the Princess app?

screenname2004

I received an email from Princess about our upcoming cruise. In the email, it mentioned we can select a preferred arrival time under "OceanReady" but I don't see it. All I have is "travel checklist", your arrival status, my preferences, safety essentials and mediallionnet. I have drilled down to each group but I can't find it either.

1 minute ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I have forgotten, when do they let you select your arrival group time?  Is it 75 days before sailing or something else?

I don't think that there is a set time, and no one has been able to detect a pattern.  But the option seems to become active around 50 days out. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I have forgotten, when do they let you select your arrival group time?  Is it 75 days before sailing or something else?

About 59-60 days before, on mine so far. We’re elite, so may make a difference. IDK.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dog said:

60 days waiting to do it.

59 days- let me choose just now

Me too, just this morning. Are you on the Sky TA Oct 29?

As soon as 60 days became 59 days, the arrival groups opened up for us and we were able to choose an arrival time. Although I’ve read that it probably doesn’t even matter, as the people at the port don’t even check. I imagine it varies by port and maybe even how busy it is on a particular day.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, magnolia888 said:

Me too, just this morning. Are you on the Sky TA Oct 29?

As soon as 60 days became 59 days, the arrival groups opened up for us and we were able to choose an arrival time. Although I’ve read that it probably doesn’t even matter, as the people at the port don’t even check. I imagine it varies by port and maybe even how busy it is on a particular day.

On Enchanted Oct 29/22.

22 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

The arrival groups for my October 29th cruise on the Enchanted Princess opened this morning 59 days out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 12:55 PM, screenname2004 said:

I received an email from Princess about our upcoming cruise. In the email, it mentioned we can select a preferred arrival time under "OceanReady" but I don't see it. All I have is "travel checklist", your arrival status, my preferences, safety essentials and mediallionnet. I have drilled down to each group but I can't find it either.

I did a video on it.

• 6 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 10:07 AM, PacnGoNow said:

About 59-60 days before, on mine so far. We’re elite, so may make a difference. IDK.

I usually am in agreement with @PacnGoNow.  But...

1.  Elite status has absolutely nothing to do with being able to pick an arrival time earlier than anyone else.

2.  So far, no earlier than 59 days...but as late as 39 days.  There is no pattern or logical reasoning to determine when your cruise will open.  

Same ship, same port, different times.

location, location, location of port doesn't matter.

different ship same ports doesn't matter.

I start checking 75 days out...every day. twice a day. whenever I pick up my phone.  Love to be surprised!

20 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I usually am in agreement with @PacnGoNow.  But...

1.  Elite status has absolutely nothing to do with being able to pick an arrival time earlier than anyone else.

2.  So far, no earlier than 59 days...but as late as 39 days.  There is no pattern or logical reasoning to determine when your cruise will open.  

Same ship, same port, different times.

location, location, location of port doesn't matter.

different ship same ports doesn't matter.

I start checking 75 days out...every day. twice a day. whenever I pick up my phone.  Love to be surprised!

Thank you for your response.

1. As I stated, IDK if being Elite, makes a difference. I was told once by PCL, it did.  But we know how that goes.  😂 

2. It opens, earliest at 59 days before sailing, but as late as 12 days before on my sailing in Nov from LA Harbor.  I’ve been told it does depend on port operations and/or clearances, many times.

3. I think one’s guess is as good as any other’s guess. 🙄

I’m starting to believe nothing I’ve been told, and just rely on what I experience.

Again, IDK… 😳 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nocnalem said:

this no longer applies to the current app...there is no arrow next to Ocean Ready or any of the other options mentioned.

Thank you. The app changes often, in the playlist for that video is a more up to date video, but it too is a little off from the current version. Unfortunately I have to have a cruise booked within the  60 day window to record the video. I wish Princess would send me on a cruise every month, so I could keep the video updated (hehe).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seeyouinthesun said:

Thank you. The app changes often, in the playlist for that video is a more up to date video, but it too is a little off from the current version. Unfortunately I have to have a cruise booked within the  60 day window to record the video. I wish Princess would send me on a cruise every month, so I could keep the video updated (hehe).

11 hours ago, seeyouinthesun said:

I can't believe they aren't doing that for you! 😉

• Haha 1