Princess Transfers from Ship to Airport

puddytat

I don’t know the cost, but I can tell you it’s very likely you’d save money by hiring a private car service to take all of you, and you’d be on your own schedule instead of waiting for 50 other pax. My hubby and I have found that when you have 1 pax, you save money doing the Princess transfer. When you have 2 pax, you pay about the same for a transfer as you would for an Uber or taxi or private car service. If you have 3 or more pax, you typically save money by hiring a private car service. 

• Like 2

1st cruise from Galveston is not until December 2022. I think you need to ask the TA what a transfer will cost. Would think it could be different depending on which airport.

Princess charges per person. Even if it is $20/pp that is $120. I would look into a private car service for 6. Should be around that cost, maybe less, and much more convenient.

Booking.com    Is now offering transfers from some airports.

We used a pink taxi service from IAH to port and return..they were very informative, punctual and professional..a husband and wife team but sadly think they have re located.

We used both Princess transfer to Bayport and RC transfer to Galveston from the airport hotel..were quite expensive, very long as we went round in circles picking up from airport as well,  but very well organised at the hotel…not sure about reverse journey.

We have hired a car but that wasn’t easy as Enterprise seems to be the only care hire place on Galveston Island. One way drops are not cheap.

Agree with previous poster, probably best to book a private car/mini bus service. Sorry I am unable to recommend one.

Edited by Reina del Mar

On 8/30/2022 at 12:50 PM, travellingnana said:

I’m cruising in January. Cost is $29 pp and transfer is only to IAH not Hobby. You can do a mock booking, and it will ask you if you want a transfer, so you can double check price for your cruise

Thanks for that info. We cruise in December and the cruise ends in Galveston. I was booked out of Hobby but changes in plans made me switch to IAH and I've been trying to decide how to get there. I'm surprised the Princess transfer is that low.

• 2 weeks later...

I did more research following everyone's suggestion.  Seems like the the best option for a family of 4 and above, it is the cheapest to use LYFT.   For a couple, a Princess transfer is probably the best bet with the peace of mind.  I found the price  the transfer service from IAH is 79 ish per person, excuse me if I am slightly wrong, I just remembered I did the calculation in my head and figured out it was way to much for my group. But I am also did not continue to research if Princess transfer will work if your arrival/departure day is not on the embarkation/debarkation.