Any recent upgrades?

jp2746

It depends what you consider an upgrade. 

Both of our cabins for a December cruise were upgraded last Thursday. They were not meta upgrades but they were a decent bump up in categories. We had only booked two days prior and we would've paid quite a bit more for the new rooms if we had selected them from the start.  One cabin went from a BW obstructed balcony to a BB balcony. The other an IF to and IB. Now....we don't really care about our location on the ship so to us these are more just cabin changes but for some people these would be pretty decent upgrades. 

If it is anything like RCI’s Royal Up program, you bid on a category (ocean view, balcony, suite).  They give you a starting bid and you can go up from there.  We just did this on RCI a month ago and got an upgrade from an interior to a balcony for $150 per person (first two guests only) for a total of $300.  I am guessing that Princess is structuring their upgrade process in a similar way. 

I have a cruise booked for November 28 on the Caribbean Princess. I received an upgrade from the lowest category of inside cabin to a Cat. IB. I was shocked to already have a cabin assignment. I received it before yesterday's final payment date. 

4 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

The program I booked under today was book a balcony for the price of an inside.   Dolphin extended balcony on the Sky for Norway at the price of an inside.  Happy camper.

If I read it correctly,  I think that promotion is only for Europe.  We are not ready to venture that far yet.

37 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I have a cruise booked for November 28 on the Caribbean Princess. I received an upgrade from the lowest category of inside cabin to a Cat. IB. I was shocked to already have a cabin assignment. I received it before yesterday's final payment date. 

I am hoping this happens for our November 26th cruise.  We booked an interior.  The price difference was not worth it to us but we are not looking forward to an interior. 

4 hours ago, Westsail32 said:

Where exactly do you bid for an upgrade?  I’m in cruise personalized and I don’t see anything?

I’m on a NCL cruise in February & I’m told that they have to contact you first. You need the invite. It will be interesting if princess dies the same thing.

Tom😀

19 hours ago, Westsail32 said:

Where exactly do you bid for an upgrade?  I’m in cruise personalized and I don’t see anything?

Here is the latest info I have seen attached here. I do notice as usual at least one screw-up/typo, but it seems to explain the program fairly well. We will all have to see after the 6th. They are starting off with only a few (5 or 6) ships to see how goes and then a few weeks later all of the fleet is suppose to be added.

Princess Bidding Process.PDF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1