What is your favorite Bulgari toiletry scent/color?

AMHuntFerry

I've been wanting to ask what may be the silliest question on this forum, and a little fun seems appropriate, so here goes:

What is your favorite Bulgari toiletry scent/color?

I have only tried the blue and the green, and I lean toward blue. This is shocking to me since I usually buy almost everything fragrance free from my local hippy-friendly store, although I sometimes buy things like dish soap or hand soap with essential oils. I got addicted to the blue lotion and (gasp!) took my partially used bottle home. I was so disappointed to find out that this is not a product that is carried typically in stores. So, every once in a while, I go into the guest bathroom, flip open the blue lotion cap, and pretend I am sailing on Oceania...aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

I look forward to someday trying white and the elusive red. Please tell me about your favorite.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
spelling fanatic
  • Like 1

We have enjoyed the white, green and blue scents from Bulgari while onboard.  But I am still partial to the green as it was what was in our cabin on our first voyage with Oceania on maiden voyages of Riviera in 2012.  I always try to bring back that clear green small hand soap to put in various drawers of clothing back home. For sure, the scent takes you back to the ship.

Not sure how they decide what you get, but Concierge seemed to be green, PH blue, and balcony/ocean view/inside have been white for us.  Although in Jan 2022 Marina (replacement for Sirena) on the Panama Canal cruise, we had a mixture of two white, one green and one blue when we boarded Jan 22.

We were in a B3.  April Med cruise on Riviera was also a mixture of green and white in Concierge.  So things may still be dictated by supply chain.

Are the toiletries in lower level cabins in individual s mall bottles or in pump containers on the wall in the shower? Is body lotion supplied? Is there bar soap or just liquid hand soap? I just came off of an NCL cruise and was told by my cabin attendant that NCL ships no longer supply body lotion except for in suites as a cost cutting measure. Oceania may be using different standards than NCL. My next marina cruise in dec. I will be in an outside and want to be prepared with what I need to bring or not.

I like the  lower scent one  I think it was Green top   but we book A to C  cabin 

Like the green glycerin soap as well

Usually will take the left overs home 

the body lotion is handy to carry in my purse

I need a cruise to get more LOL

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Are the toiletries in lower level cabins in individual s mall bottles or in pump containers on the wall in the shower? Is body lotion supplied? Is there bar soap or just liquid hand soap? I just came off of an NCL cruise and was told by my cabin attendant that NCL ships no longer supply body lotion except for in suites as a cost cutting measure. Oceania may be using different standards than NCL. My next marina cruise in dec. I will be in an outside and want to be prepared with what I need to bring or not.

All cabins receive the toiletries in small individual bottles and bar soap is available (both face and body).  Oceania standards are much different than NCL....

• Like 2

It's so fun seeing everyone's favorite and why. Has anyone encountered the red on or off the ship?

In my (failed) search for the lotion to purchase at a retailer, I discovered that the toiletries were initially produced as a gift set for customers of the jewellery. Maybe I'll find some lotion to purchase around the winter holidays (or on the ship?). I hope some trinkets find their way to you soon @Carolfay!

• Like 2

@carolfay

Ah, that is what lots of SBC is for. O Club levels that include Prepaid Gratuities, Groups SBC, O Club SBC, Free Spa Treatment and why not, some Shareholder SBC. Any leftover SBC goes for jewelry and clothes and paintings, etc.  There is no such thing as too much SBC.  
Just keep sailing and let the good time roll. 👍🤪🛳🤙🍷🍹👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨🥂

Mauibabes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

There is no such thing as too much SBC.  

My DH would disagree with you

We had close to $3k  to spend on one sailing

We do not need more O shirts/bags/jewelry though I did buy some

DH got a nice watch we bought bottles of wine  but  were still buying "stuff"  for the sake of not losing the OBC

of course  YMMV

LHT28,

I am the DH in this equation and my wife would have no problem spending any and all SBC. Heck, one time she even won the Coverall Bingo game on a Transatlantic trip and had a couple of thousand to spend in just two days. Bless her soul, she got it done with many hours to spare 😇👍👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨
JMHO,

Mauibabes

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

It's so fun seeing everyone's favorite and why. Has anyone encountered the red on or off the ship?

In my (failed) search for the lotion to purchase at a retailer, I discovered that the toiletries were initially produced as a gift set for customers of the jewellery. Maybe I'll find some lotion to purchase around the winter holidays (or on the ship?). I hope some trinkets find their way to you soon @Carolfay!

Carol, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in the upper suites there is a complimentary gift set where you will find a bottle of the Elusive red as well as the other ones. In one of the larger booklets that has been sent out I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of it. 

• Like 3

1st O Regatta, inside, 2016. Terrific cabin steward supplied, and supplied, and supplied us with white, every couple days, whether needed or not.  We brought a lot home and still have some.   Just love the fragrance.

Wife just used some lotion, still fresh like new.  Such a long lasting fragrance, the bedroom smelled great for days!  Does take you back to that cruise.  If I recall, the soap was a round cake.  

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Yeah, I found things like this on E-bay and other "listers" for others' items (this is not an actual Walmart product). I found no "dependable" retailers so these may be knock offs or "souvenirs". I even thought of buying the perfume and adding it to unscented lotion, but it wouldn't be the same. I guess I'll just have to keep taking cruises 😉 or my dad is practically in Canada (just south of the BC border) so maybe I'll check out your source some time.

WE have had green, red and blue but my favourite is green.  If another colour is already in place, I ask the steward to change for green.  This has never been an issue.  

On Marina in May we were given the large 200ml bottles instead of the usual smaller ones.  I was very impressed and am still using one that I brought home.  I see the retail price of these larger bottles is around $30-50 each but as others have said, it is virtually impossible to find a retailer.  Many seen to be resellers of ones I guess they have taken from hotels/cruise ships.

19 hours ago, ORV said:

Carol, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in the upper suites there is a complimentary gift set where you will find a bottle of the Elusive red as well as the other ones. In one of the larger booklets that has been sent out I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of it. 

Note to self: if invited to a suite, look for red toiletries to sniff 😄
I know I could just go to a store that carries the perfume, but where's the adventure in that? Although maybe I'll cheat and see if they have it in an onboard shop.

1 minute ago, whiteowl uk said:

WE have had green, red and blue but my favourite is green.  If another colour is already in place, I ask the steward to change for green.  This has never been an issue.  

On Marina in May we were given the large 200ml bottles instead of the usual smaller ones.  I was very impressed and am still using one that I brought home.  I see the retail price of these larger bottles is around $30-50 each but as others have said, it is virtually impossible to find a retailer.  Many seen to be resellers of ones I guess they have taken from hotels/cruise ships.

The green is nice. Blue was our first, so like another poster, that may be why I tend toward it (so far).

Browsing the resellers, I found it amusing to see what else was in the same category. Apparently the complimentary toiletry kits in first/business class on one of the Saudi (I think) airlines are a hot commodity 😅

Ahhh the scent of Oceania!

I love the green. It borders on obsession for me. We usually ask for products to be switched out for green if it is another "flavor" but I do try to put by green request in in advance.

We were on Riviera last October and I had requested the green in advance. One of the very first things our room attendant did was profusely apologize that they were out of the green gift sets (we were in a Oceania Suite). We opted for the blue gift set, but there was a steady flow green individuals. I think it helped that it was the first trip back and not many passengers. But even when we have been in an A, typically once we board and (through my excessive to the point of embarrassing gushing) it becomes known that I have an obsession for the green... each trip offerings have magically appeared. Very sweet. Enough to take home to keep me smelling sweet until our next trip!

PS - I love getting in to the elevator and how everyone always smells the same. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Just now, true45 said:

Hi

I remember lovng the shampoo and lotion but don’t remember (5 years ago) if there was conditioner.  One less thing to pack if there’s conditioner.  Have Marina booked.

Thanks.

Currently on Vista and there is shampoo, conditioner and lotion along with 2 different types of bar soap - I believe you can request shower gel too

29 minutes ago, basor said:

Currently on Vista and there is shampoo, conditioner and lotion along with 2 different types of bar soap - I believe you can request shower gel too

That’s great

i guess I’m not the only one that loves the Bulgari toiletries 👍

Happy sailing 

Thanks.