Non-proctored self test?

39august

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

Where is the wording on this for pre-cruise test, please? I have read it before, but just went to the X web site "Healthy, etc."  and do not see anything about non-proctored test for after Sept. 5. 

Where are you going? 

This is all I see now related to US departures 9/5.

if you look at the EU protocols you will see the wording re self administered tests.

As I recall you can take a screen shot of the results or bring the test with you to the port.  I’d try and find it but working from phone which is.  It challenging.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

Hmm. All I read is that we need a monitored test 3 days before departure . I wonder what happened to the wording that no monitoring was necessary? Maybe X has come to their senses and realized those tests would not prove that you actually took the test yourself. Guess we'll go back to the clinic where we have gone in the past. 

Going from the US on or after September 5, no testing is required if vaccinated and sailing is 9 days or less. If 10 days or longer a test must be done no more than 3 days prior to boarding and not required to be proctored. This is on the Celebrity website 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Where is the wording on this for pre-cruise test, please? I have read it before, but just went to the X web site "Healthy, etc."  and do not see anything about non-proctored test for after Sept. 5. 

Here you go, the link to the web page...

Updated requirements

Effective Sept 5 leaving US ports

Testing Requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 9 nights or less, no pre-boarding testing is required.

For all sailings 10 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.

Unvaccinated Guests

For all sailings, unvaccinated guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.

Certificate of Recovery

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board and be exempt from testing. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS Covid Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. Please be aware that some ports of call may not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination.

Edited by RTShaker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

I have looked 3 times and can’t find anything for 9/5 and  Beyond can you post a link.

Where are you sailing from? Go to the website, click on health and safety protocols, then tabs and country travel requirements. It’s all there

On 9/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, 39august said:

Hmm. All I read is that we need a monitored test 3 days before departure . I wonder what happened to the wording that no monitoring was necessary? Maybe X has come to their senses and realized those tests would not prove that you actually took the test yourself. Guess we'll go back to the clinic where we have gone in the past. 

I called Celebrity & was told that a self administered Covid test without proctors or supervision will be allowed.  You will need a picture/screenshot of the negative test, or a printed or digital sheet.  I just tried the BinaxNow home test.  It has a code on the package that I scanned & then it scanned my results.  I took a pic & have the printout & digital results as well.  I’m going to be extra careful & bring them all.

• Like 1