What Power Adaptors do you take for Australian Power Cords

Matkai

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

It might come back with a certified test and tag label on it 😂

I get it that ships are strict, but my workplace is even stricter. Anything I bring in for myself or procure for the site must be tested & tagged before it is plugged-in - even a phone charger.

They have decided it's "unsafe". 🙄🤬

Very strange indeed.

I'll take it with us when we go on Grand out of Melbourne next year. That will be interesting.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Very strange indeed.

I'll take it with us when we go on Grand out of Melbourne next year. That will be interesting.

It may be  okay by then as the staff may be better trained

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Very strange indeed.

I wonder if you were just fobbed-off without any real checks being done. No Aussie outlet on Grand, but I wonder if they have USB jacks in their cabins? 

Might be time to look for something that doesn't need to plug in, unless they are banned because of the glare 😉

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/portable-charger-with-solar-42923688/

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Very strange indeed.

Ill be taking my Aldi board with me on the Grand this November.Fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I guess it depends on your appetite for arguing 🙂 

Since our 2020 Diamond Princess cruise in Asia (to be fair... due to covid, that was the last cruise we took), we have taken no power boards. I don't really care if it's "right", I simply couldn't be bothered arguing with poorly trained security staff. I just pack a multi port USB charger, and multiple single plug adapters, and it suits me fine.

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

I wonder if you were just fobbed-off without any real checks being done. No Aussie outlet on Grand, but I wonder if they have USB jacks in their cabins? 

That's what I suspect.

Grand will probably have Aussie outlets when she starts operating here. All they have to do is change the faceplates on the EU 220v circuits to AU.

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's what I suspect.

Grand will probably have Aussie outlets when she starts operating here. All they have to do is change the faceplates on the EU 220v circuits to AU.

They usually only reserve that for full-time ships, although I think that is just a matter of time too, or perhaps Ruby to give our governments a daily reminder. So far, we have only had US & Euro outlets for local cruises on Diamond & Golden and expect the same on Majestic this summer as well.

3 minutes ago, losfp said:

We sailed on her in 2018 out of Sydney and from memory we had a single AU socket in the room. The rest were US and EU

Thanks. Looking at recent vids, they aren't currently there, so nice if they are now swapping to local outlets each season. If she is only planning to sail between Alaska and Australia, I can't see the need for them to have Euro outlets anyway.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

They usually only reserve that for full-time ships, although I think that is just a matter of time too, or perhaps Ruby to give our governments a daily reminder. So far, we have only had US & Euro outlets for local cruises on Diamond & Golden and expect the same on Majestic this summer as well.

I thought Diamond had Aussie outlets when we were on her in 2018. I can't remember exactly for our Golden cruise but, again, I have a feeling she had an Aussie socket. The only Princess ship I can remember using our EU adaptor was on Royal in the Med.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I thought Diamond had Aussie outlets when we were on her in 2018. I can't remember exactly for our Golden cruise but, again, I have a feeling she had an Aussie socket. The only Princess ship I can remember using our EU adaptor was on Royal in the Med.

Diamond was way earlier than that for us, and I would have to check how far back Golden was. Oh, wait, Captain Circle will tell me - March or April 2016, a bit longer than I thought. I was resigned to just having Aussie sockets on our full time ships, as it used to be, but a nice bonus to have them on the summer ships too - pity other cruise lines don't make the effort.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Lower prices are just the beginning Les

Talking about Bunnings, they should do a deal with Princess and do a Bunnings Barbie on deck, all proceeds to the Seafarers Charity. I will volunteer to cook the snags, onions on top, lol. I have experience at a Eurobodalla Meals on Wheels Barbie down here.

1444112249_th(3).jpg.8916e97c1aa78bd9bd929bb4023e77a2.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Talking about Bunnings, they should do a deal with Princess and do a Bunnings Barbie on deck, all proceeds to the Seafarers Charity. I will volunteer to cook the snags, onions on top, lol. I have experience at a Eurobodalla Meals on Wheels Barbie down here.

1444112249_th(3).jpg.8916e97c1aa78bd9bd929bb4023e77a2.jpg

That is actually such a quirky idea, it could be a great fund raiser. Much more fun than walking the decks.

Hi Matkai,

Just wanted to let you know that Aldi have the power board that Ozwoody refers to, as a Special Buy on Wednesday 14th September. I'll definitely be queuing to get one!

Regards,

Leanne

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LDean said:

Hi Matkai,

Just wanted to let you know that Aldi have the power board that Ozwoody refers to, as a Special Buy on Wednesday 14th September. I'll definitely be queuing to get one!

Regards,

Leanne

$30.00 ok it's only $29.95.

19 hours ago, LDean said:

Hi Matkai,

Regards,

Leanne

Be aware that the Sydney OPT security guy's  are confiscating those and Princess claims they are a fire hazard. 🤔🙄🤬

On 9/5/2022 at 4:46 PM, arxcards said:

Might be time to look for something that doesn't need to plug in, unless they are banned because of the glare 😉

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/portable-charger-with-solar-42923688/

Edited by Johhno
posted without photo.

11 hours ago, Johhno said:

Grand Princess is now fitted with Aussie power points.

( pic from an aussie currently onboard)

Power point.PNG

Those power points can be a pain. Some plugs are too big so block the USB ports from being used. However this can be fixed by the right shaped double adaptor which lifts the power points above the USB ports + USB plug height so it's all useable.

16 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Be aware that the Sydney OPT security guy's  are confiscating those and Princess claims they are a fire hazard. 🤔🙄🤬

Have you got yours back for the 2nd cruise, or are they keeping it for the whole journey?

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Some plugs are too big so block the USB ports from being used.

I don't trust the built-in USB ports anyway. There's no easy way to know what power they provide, if it's enough for fast charging etc... and they tend to break easily.  Good in an emergency, but I prefer to use my own multi-port USB charger anyway - something for frequent travellers to think about.