Special birthday restaurant

snorkle lover

46 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

I  mainly eat fish and seafood, and have never really enjoyed a meal at Prime 7. An appetizer and adessert are the best I could do.

Have you tried the Seafood Tower either "on ice" or the cooked version in Prime 7?  I had never seen it until my recent cruise on Navigator and the ladies we were having dinner ordered them.

14 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Have you tried the Seafood Tower either "on ice" or the cooked version in Prime 7?  I had never seen it until my recent cruise on Navigator and the ladies we were having dinner ordered them.

Wonder if anyone out there has a picture of this tower?

Last P7 visit my  DH had a dinner of crab legs - out of the shell.

• Like 1

I didn't see that at Prime 7 on Voyager on our last cruise. I did order crab legs out of the shell, although I think it was an appetizer, but the legs were just cracked, and it took a lot of picking to remove the shell from the meat. If they have the seafood tower on the menu, I'll give it a try.  Normally when I think of a seafood tower, I think of those served at upscale restaurants in NYC, where there's a lot of raw clams and oysters included on some floors of the tower. I avoid raw seafood when I'm on a cruise since I don't want to take a chance of having a very bad excursion experience the next day.

• Like 1

Will Regent spontaneously provide any particular birthday recognition, or do you have to request it?  Does the answer to this question vary depending on whether or not you have a butler?  We will not have one.  DH and I will both be having birthdays on various Regent ships over the next couple of years.  The first is my birthday on Navigator this coming December.  I understand that P7 has seafood items as well, but the idea of a steak restaurant for my birthday is not my first choice. 

Most of the posters here seem determined to avoid Compass Rose for their birthday celebrations.  Is the celebration less special in Compass Rose?

Edited by SusieQft

On the Navigator the only choice is CR or Prime 7 really. Never had a butler, but have just told my TA I wanted a B-day or Anniversary celebration on a certain day. You can request a special meal 24 ahead of time, but other than that there is nothing more than a cake and a song by waiters in any of the restaurants. With a butler I have hear they sometimes do something special to/in the suite..balloons etc.

Lots of B-day celebrations in the CR on the Navigator when we have sailed her..

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

Most of the posters here seem determined to avoid Compass Rose for their birthday celebrations.  Is the celebration less special in Compass Rose?

No, but it is a lot more public due to the size of the restaurant.  We personally prefer the smaller, more intimate setting provided by the other locations for our special occasions.

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

I very nearly posted in that thread but somehow the moment passed.  So I'll add my thoughts now. 

We enjoy our evenings in the speciality restaurants but always enjoy dining in CR.  I've not had a birthday on board, but would probably choose to gather a group of friends and hope that my dh would organise a special menu that evening featuring my favourite dishes.  Such occasions are truly memorable and we have had some lovely times with friends sitting around those large central tables enjoying relaxed and very special occasions.   Actually, who needs a birthday to do that?! 😉

• Like 2

You generally do not have to advise them about birthdays because they have the data from your passports. But if you have an anniversary, have your TA notify Regent. We never have a butler, and have always had our cabins decorated with balloons etc.

• Like 1

Since they have your birthday data they may (probably will) say happy birthday to you on the TV show in the morning with the cruise director.  Anything more, you should ask for, I doubt if they will sing happy birthday or anything else to you unless that is requested.  Some people don't want the attention.

• Like 1