Is the Celebrity App always this bad ?

lovescarborough

2 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Those parts work for me too, it’s the My Calendar part that’s not updating. And there doesn’t seem to be a refresh for that. 

Haven't tried anything else on the app for our September Summit cruise. I use my CP on my laptop to view my calendar and book anything. 

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Still sounding stupid, I know where that icon is on Cruise Critic, or any other website, but how do you refresh the app?  I don’t see any such icon…

Go to Daily Planner. Swipe up where the grey line is just above Daiky Planner and My Calendar. The next screen has the refresh on the right next to filter.

Wonder how long it took some IT person to find the best hiding place? 🤣

50 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

No, they still have lobster on the second Chic Night.  What cruise/ship/dates are you booked on?  

Silhouette Sept 10- next week.  Second Chic night is day 8- no lobster on menu. No lobster the entire cruise.

Edited by thethreeofus

51 minutes ago, thethreeofus said:

Silhouette Sept 10- next week.  Second Chic night is day 8- no lobster on menu. No lobster the entire cruise.

While I had no expectation that I would see anything different, I looked anyway.  It is not there, but I didn’t see a menu that included the Bleu Cheese Soufflé app which is usually on the second chic night along with lobster.  On our Beyond cruise in October, both of those items are, indeed, on the menu for the second chic night.  I would be surprised if that menu was discontinued on one ship and not others.  Perhaps there is a night with an inaccurate menu loaded - but who knows.

Thanks to @laslomas and @thethreeofus!  I did find the refresh icon hidden where you directed me.  But my initial comment about the app remains…I know lobster night is not the last night of the cruise…. Luckily I wasn’t trying to make specialty dining reservations.  It also appears that Equinox is no longer serving prime rib on the first night…

2 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

While I had no expectation that I would see anything different, I looked anyway.  It is not there, but I didn’t see a menu that included the Bleu Cheese Soufflé app which is usually on the second chic night along with lobster.  On our Beyond cruise in October, both of those items are, indeed, on the menu for the second chic night.  I would be surprised if that menu was discontinued on one ship and not others.  Perhaps there is a night with an inaccurate menu loaded - but who knows.

Thanks for checking. It’s good to have a second pair of eyes.  I’m hoping the menus are just not accurate, much like the rest of the app. 

I am not on the Reflection until December and also have been having some issues with the app.  I booked dinner reservations for the anytime dining for the first 6 nights for 6 of us but now the app won’t let me book the last 2 nights of the cruise.  It just says there is an error and try again.  I have deleted the app/refreshed it, etc… and nothing fixes that.  Even signed in with my wife’s phone under her and same thing, we can’t book a dinner reservation for the last 2 nights.

1 minute ago, Snate said:

I am not on the Reflection until December and also have been having some issues with the app.  I booked dinner reservations for the anytime dining for the first 6 nights for 6 of us but now the app won’t let me book the last 2 nights of the cruise.  It just says there is an error and try again.  I have deleted the app/refreshed it, etc… and nothing fixes that.  Even signed in with my wife’s phone under her and same thing, we can’t book a dinner reservation for the last 2 nights.

Try logging on the website on a computer, tablet or laptop. That is the only way I was able to get it accomplished. Had no problems from the web site. 

21 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Well, whomever designed the app did include viewing the MDR menus on a daily basis.  I didn’t think it was asking too much for the menu listed on a specific day to actually be that day’s menu…instead of a possible one on any day.

And, as I mentioned, this is for a cruise next week.

Yeah that would the crecomm folks, not IT. 

We booked all our dining room reservations on the Celebrity website for our Late October cruise on the Solstices.    You cannot do it on the app. They are showing up on the planner. The menus are there as well. The way we look at it is if we do not see anything that interests us we will just eat in the Buffet.   
We find the app works pretty good. It’s nice to see the ship map as well. One can get an idea of what there is to do in a port and either book it or find something private on your own or if all else fails walk around!! 

No it is not always that bad, sometimes it is worse.  

X is a cruise line and I don’t think they want to invest much into the IT a department.   Ironically if they did it would probably make more profits for them. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 9/5/2022 at 12:25 AM, thethreeofus said:

We are currently on board Silhouette (Iceland Cruise) the app works perfectly when on board, on this cruise there are three chic nights and lobster is on tomorrow night. The menus have been accurate every night.

On 9/5/2022 at 1:21 AM, bama4cruisin said:

It is not there, but I didn’t see a menu that included the Bleu Cheese Soufflé app which is usually on the second chic night along with lobster. 

Again, wait till you are on board, can't be stressed enough, Bleu Cheese is on tomorrow night along with Beef Wellington etc.

• Thanks 1