Two excursions in one day?

ceo418

I will be on Adventure of the Seas in a couple of weeks. One of our stops is in Portland, Maine. We already have a lighthouse tour booked through the ship, starting at 8:45 and supposed to last for a couple of hours. 

I see that there is an excursion being offered to go to LL Bean for shopping, leaving at 12:30. If I decide to do this as well, is there a pretty good chance I'll be back from the first tour in time? Anyone ever done something like this before?

Thanks!

We did this in Sitka, Alaska.  We had an hour between excursions which would have been fine if the first tour ended where it started, instead it dropped us off downtown where we had to wait in a huge line for the complimentary shuttle to get back to the ship and the starting point for the next tour.  We made it with minutes to spare but it was a little stressful.  Even the description of the first tour stated that they would drop us off at our awaiting ship.

1 hour ago, ceo418 said:

I will be on Adventure of the Seas in a couple of weeks. One of our stops is in Portland, Maine. We already have a lighthouse tour booked through the ship, starting at 8:45 and supposed to last for a couple of hours. 

I see that there is an excursion being offered to go to LL Bean for shopping, leaving at 12:30. If I decide to do this as well, is there a pretty good chance I'll be back from the first tour in time? Anyone ever done something like this before?

Thanks!

How much time will you actually have at Bean? Is it worth it?

2 hours ago, ceo418 said:

Thanks!

I'm from Maine and my choice would be to walk around Portland and find any one of the amazing restaurants to eat at and people watch. Or even better, take one of the island ferries and have a great view of the islands. 

25 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

I'm from Maine and my choice would be to walk around Portland and find any one of the amazing restaurants to eat at and people watch. Or even better, take one of the island ferries and have a great view of the islands. 

That's also a possibility.