HAL Laundry Service

sciencewonk

What is the turn-around time for HAL laundry?  Is the turn-around the same for both washing and dry cleaning?  We are in a Neptune Suite on the Noordam for the 34-day San Diego to Sydney cruise and we're trying to determine how much clothing to pack.  Laundry is part of the suite perks, so we plan to use it a lot, but don't want to be caught short of anything we need because it's in the laundry.

Laundry service is usually very prompt.  24 hours or less; can be longer, though, but not more than another day.  Be prepared for your underwear and socks to complain when you return home and discover that they are not neatly pressed and folded with one sock matching another sock.  I only used the dry cleaning service once and recall very prompt service as well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My experience for laundry has been 24 hours or less turn around.  I haven't used dry cleaning.   I have used the blue bag $20 service many times and think it's great!  Your Neptune perk will come in handy.

I want to go on your cruise maybe in 2023 or 2024.  Have a wonderful time!

~Nancy

ETA- Oops, posted at the same time as @rkacruiser!!  At least our replies agreed! 😁

Edited by oakridger
  • Thanks 2

We just came back from a b2b on the Zaandam and I had prepurchased the laundry package for each week for $49.  The service was great the 4 times we used it (there were 3 of us).  The laundry service was prompt and we survived 2 weeks with a total of 3 suitcases thanks to the laundry service.

As others have said, Laundry service is quick - ditto with dry cleaning (we’ve used both).  the only time I have seen it slower is turn around on embarkation day IF a lot of people were staying pre-cruise and had a lot of laundry and possibly the last day your are allowed to turn it in before disembarkation.  It was slightly over 24 hours in those scenarios but not much more.

Laundry/dry cleaning by HAL is very well done.  You can indicate cold water wash/low heat if needed.  I just circled the items and marked it in my instructions.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We just came back from a b2b on the Zaandam and I had prepurchased the laundry package for each week for $49.  The service was great the 4 times we used it (there were 3 of us).  The laundry service was prompt and we survived 2 weeks with a total of 3 suitcases thanks to the laundry service.

Is the $49 per stateroom or per person (2 of us in the room)?