Warning - check your onboard account daily -

roxievegas

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That's correct, and also the medallion system is much to slow for the bartenders to input every transaction at the very time the order was served.

Consequently they accumulate a pile of paper tickets during a busy time and later enter them into the system during a slow period.  If there was an error in charging the drink to the wrong pension there's no way to verify it at that point, so errors can and do occur. 

It's not that hard to check you account daily and get it corrected as soon as you discover the error.

ugh...another reason why the medallion system is trash 🙄

Update:

went back to Guest Services as my husband's phone showed the charges were still there.  Got a different rep and removed  the charges.  I asked for a printout and when we got back to the cabin I saw that he left one of the charges on there - so I have to go back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roxievegas said:

Update:

went back to Guest Services as my husband's phone showed the charges were still there.  Got a different rep and removed  the charges.  I asked for a printout and when we got back to the cabin I saw that he left one of the charges on there - so I have to go back.

Ugh...sorry...

It shouldn't be so hard to fix a clerical error on their part.

Stories like this remind me how I hate dealing with customer service during my vacation. A necessary evil when things go awry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

It also seemed like if you are always shouting your room number when you have the package, it would be pretty easy for someone to hear it and use that number if they weren't really checking pictures. 🤷‍♀️

Had that happen on one of our 1st cruises years ago (NOT Princess) both of us had a soda package as we don't drink alcohol, the staff in the theater asked for cabin # instead of collecting a bunch of cards.  Well turned out people behind us ordered alcoholic drinks and gave our cabin # - we heard them and told the server they aren't with us.... Sure enough their drinks were charged to us anyway. Went to desk and had to get it removed explained what happened - claimed they'd check security tape to see who was behind us so they'd get the charges for their drinks. Rest of the cruise didn't say our cabin # so loud. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 12:37 PM, ghstudio said:

You should celebrate that your phone was too old to run the Medallion app.  Most of us have spent 1/2 our cruise trying to get that app to work...

That's strange. I usually have problems like yourself but on our last cruise in March I never had even one problem after boarding the ship. Of course there were some things that didn't load properly when at home but it didn't slow us down on boarding for a minute. 

What didn't seem to work correctly?

Did you ask them to correct it for you?

I like those little kiosks by guest services where you can print out your charges daily.  It's part of my regular routine now.  I always get the drink package but I have noticed other mistakes crop up from time to time.  One time I had two specialty restaurant charges on the same evening!  It pays to check.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That's strange. I usually have problems like yourself but on our last cruise in March I never had even one problem after boarding the ship. Of course there were some things that didn't load properly when at home but it didn't slow us down on boarding for a minute. 

What didn't seem to work correctly?

Did you ask them to correct it for you?

I have an Iphone 6, the app won't work on that old of phone, need Iphone 6S or higher.  Either way, I don't put apps on my phone.  Having it on my husbands phone is enough

15 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

OP:  I can understand a warning to check your account occasionally, and before you leave the ship, but your title to check “daily” is not supported and is unnecessary hysteria.

It is now going to be 3 days getting this corrected.  If you wait until the last day, it may not get corrected before you get off the ship.  And you may be in line with a whole lot of people.  If you don't want to check everyday, don't - not hysteria, just a warning.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I have an Iphone 6, the app won't work on that old of phone, need Iphone 6S or higher.  Either way, I don't put apps on my phone.  Having it on my husbands phone is enough

Yep. We had older androids a while back & nothing seemed to work properly. 

With our relatively newer androids everything is now OK.

It's no wonder that their software dept. is having so many problems trying to get all model phones to load the medallion properly. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

OP:  I can understand a warning to check your account occasionally, and before you leave the ship, but your title to check “daily” is not supported and is unnecessary hysteria.

The ap has worked well for me the vast majority of the time. Using crew chat I can get erroneous charges removed effortlessly. I simply report the issue, go about my. day and sometime later when I check crew chat they have let me know it’s taken care of. So easy.

I check my and DH account on the ap each morning and each night just before retiring. It takes me all of 5 seconds. This avoids the confusion of “when did you order that glass of wine that cost $1, $2 more?, or when did I get that deck of cards in the store” ? Since some charges are legit I find it easiest to check while memories are fresh. If you never charge anything at all well then of course it would be fine to simply check towards the end of the cruise. But when you have oddball $1-10 charges from various places on the ship daily it’s best to weed out the errors asap. Princess has made it effortless to do so. 

• Like 2

Back to Guest Services and all is correct now.  While I was being helped two other guests were getting their accounts fixed with the same problem - mystery drink charges from the Island Restaurant.

I told the rep that she should report to her supervisor that something is going on with the Island Restaurant bar service - a got the deer caught in the headlight stare - so guessing nothing will be done

5 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The ap has worked well for me the vast majority of the time. Using crew chat I can get erroneous charges removed effortlessly. I simply report the issue, go about my. day and sometime later when I check crew chat they have let me know it’s taken care of. So easy.

I check my and DH account on the ap each morning and each night just before retiring. It takes me all of 5 seconds. This avoids the confusion of “when did you order that glass of wine that cost $1, $2 more?, or when did I get that deck of cards in the store” ? Since some charges are legit I find it easiest to check while memories are fresh. If you never charge anything at all well then of course it would be fine to simply check towards the end of the cruise. But when you have oddball $1-10 charges from various places on the ship daily it’s best to weed out the errors asap. Princess has made it effortless to do so. 

But, it’s a shame we have to check this daily.  We are on vacation!  But, I did the same thing.  Only 1 error. My DH walked by the pool bar, they charged him for drinks instead of the real person. He was just going to the buffet.  
He no longer walks by that bar, just goes all the way around. 😬

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

But, it’s a shame we have to check this daily.  We are on vacation!  But, I did the same thing.  Only 1 error. My DH walked by the pool bar, they charged him for drinks instead of the real person. He was just going to the buffet.  
He no longer walks by that bar, just goes all the way around. 😬

That's not going to help in the slightest. If their going to make a mistake with the cabin number, it'll happen even he wasn't there. 

But if it makes him feel better, why not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That's not going to help in the slightest. If their going to make a mistake with the cabin number, it'll happen even he wasn't there. 

Not to mention that bartenders generally don't work in the same bar all the time but may rotate through different bars in a given day.  Someone would have to avoid all bars altogether to avoid (1) that careless bartender working at another bar or (2) any other bartender who charges the account of the wrong Medallion holder who happens to be close enough to be picked up by the tablet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

No, it did help. Because, as he walked by, it picked up his OM details, just as if he was ordering the drinks, Instead of someone else at the bar, who WAS ordering the drinks.  Evidently, that bar should have verified the guest who was ordering. New employee.

You know…when you walk up to ..,say the IC, your info comes up automatically from your OM. They should verify that information, before your order.

They said they would make sure the right guest’s information comes up during the order.  Hello?  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, it did help. Because, as he walked by, it picked up his OM details, just as if he was ordering the drinks, Instead of someone else at the bar, who WAS ordering the drinks.  Evidently, that bar should have verified the guest who was ordering. New employee.

You know…when you walk up to ..,say the IC, your info comes up automatically from your OM. They should verify that information, before your order.

They said they would make sure the right guest’s information comes up during the order.  Hello?  

He should invest in a RDFI wallet so he can roam freely. 😄

• Like 1

We've had this happen on all lines we've been on. Do remember to hold ALL your receipts!! This is a good way to compare. When we've had a mystery charge, it's always been removed when checking against all our receipts. Do ask to see ALL charge slips that they have on your account.

Edited by rbtan
additions
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 9:41 AM, 4x4bob said:

I totally agree with OP on checking our account.

Pre Covid we went to the Pub Lunch and placed our order.

The waitress delivered what I ordered and brought the wrong order to my wife. Then delivered the two beers that we had ordered and returned with the correct order for my wife.

About 5 minutes later the waitress came back and started to set down 7 more drinks.

Um, pardon me, but we did not order those drinks and she took them away.

Next day we checked our account and was not surprised to find that we had been charged for those 7 drinks.  😬

It took 3 trips to the passenger service desk to get those drinks erased from our account. 1st day at desk.  We will have to check on this. 2nd day. Checked account still there. Back to desk.  We are still checking. 3rd day. Checked account. Back to desk.  Who do I have to talk to? I want this resolved now.  The charges were removed.

If that had been a short cruise or we had not checked the account we would have come home with them charged to us.  As others have said, it was not the cost but the principle of  the matter. 

Bob

I check my account daily, because it does take about 3 days to get mistakes corrected.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rbtan said:

We've had this happen on all lines we've been on. Do remember to hold ALL your receipts!! This is a good way to compare. When we've had a mystery charge, it's always been removed when checking against all our receipts. Do ask to see ALL charge slips that they have on your account.

No receipts for drinks on Princess....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

No receipts for drinks on Princess....

No way to demand them? That certainly can make it difficult. I don't drink, but will buy soft drinks on occasion. I normally do not buy a soft drink package.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rbtan said:

No way to demand them? That certainly can make it difficult. I don't drink, but will buy soft drinks on occasion. I normally do not buy a soft drink package.

The only ones I ever saw was those that needed delivery by a server and those didn't go to the person ordering them. Especially with a soft drink, after they got to know me and my morning diet coke, I'm not even sure they bothered to put it into the system... 🙂 (We had the drink package.)

We were recently on Carnival and thought the receipts were pretty silly. They make you sign them, but don't give you a copy and often in the outside bars it seemed like a lot of them would blow away anyway as they weren't too attentive to them.

It might help you know what you purchase, but it wouldn't prove you didn't purchase something anyway.....

I only had one problem on my recent cruise where they charged me for a small bottled water in the dining room. It was immediately removed when I brought it to Customer Service attention. 

• Like 1