Lost luggage

Marie51

32 minutes ago, love to cruise 2017 said:

thanks ...will take a look. do they still make suit cases with hangers?? 

My larger Travel Pro luggage does, but I find the feature to be a bit odd (as in useless). You can’t really hang the clothes, it just fixes them in place on one side of the case so they don’t wander when you fold up the flap, and it doesn’t treat DW’s long dresses very politely. Everything gets as wrinkled as it would if you just laid it on top of everything else you packed.

On 9/4/2022 at 2:58 PM, Marie51 said:

Has anyone had any experiences with misplaced luggage at the end of the cruise and how do they go about getting it back to you? This was at Port Canaveral.

In Stockholm in July after cruise, couldn’t locate my bag when disembarking.  Took a little time but was misplaced in wrong section.  

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

My larger Travel Pro luggage does, but I find the feature to be a bit odd (as in useless). You can’t really hang the clothes, it just fixes them in place on one side of the case so they don’t wander when you fold up the flap, and it doesn’t treat DW’s long dresses very politely. Everything gets as wrinkled as it would if you just laid it on top of everything else you packed.

Mine has a loop inside the "hinge point" where the lid meets the main compartment where I hook the hangers.  Then I tighten the strap at the 2nd panel hinge point over my clothes, then place the foam bar over the 3rd panel hinge point.  This all gets tightly folded into the lid and everything stays nice and flat with pretty much no ironing needed.

image.png.27e3908fdf70f2ba3adee12f3bb32588.png

58 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Mine has a loop inside the "hinge point" where the lid meets the main compartment where I hook the hangers.  Then I tighten the strap at the 2nd panel hinge point over my clothes, then place the foam bar over the 3rd panel hinge point.  This all gets tightly folded into the lid and everything stays nice and flat with pretty much no ironing needed.

image.png.27e3908fdf70f2ba3adee12f3bb32588.png

Mine does as well. However, I have never been able to retrieve unwrinkled clothes regardless of how religiously I follow the instructions. Certainly nowhere as polite on clothes as the garment bag.

7 hours ago, love to cruise 2017 said:

looking for suiycases with garment brackets to replace our old ones.....cant find anywhere ...any thoughts ?? 

I found ours at department stores.  Dillards,  Macys may have them.  They aren’t cheap but I found mine at about half off each time. 

8 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Our 25 year old Samsonite wheeled garment bag is starting to pull from a seam.  We really like the bag as we just pull hangers and put in closet - much faster to pack.  Having hard time finding replacement.  I guess no one uses them much any more.

On another thought - I think the reason people take the wrong bag is that no everyone travels 4 or more times a year.  Some travel once every year or 2 and they really don't remember what their bag is or what their bag tag looks like.  They are in a rush, see a bag that reminds them of what they think they have and grab it.

Funny you mention it because I'm packing right now and pulled out an old garment bag that I'm contemplating using, but unsure if I want to risk checking it. It's too big to carry on. I love the ease of just unfolding the garment bag and hanging it up in the closet. I can even fit 3 pairs of shoes in it. Easy peasy. Now, getting the garment bag to my destination after a 14 hour flight with 1 plane change is another story. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

This one from Amazon is virtually identical to the one I used throughout my career. Bought this when mine finally bit the bullet.

89F40D71-49B6-4132-AFE9-4AC3325440F7.png

The only time I ever bought travel insurance was on a TA using a bag exactly like this. Set the bag out night before. At Barcelona the carousels went around multiple times, bag was nowhere to be found. Tried to find it for more than an hour until we finally had to get on the transfer to the airport. Reported it to the agent at the Terminal. The bag was finally delivered to our house in New York more than 2 weeks later... minus the 4 cartons of cigarettes (cheap at the time and bought for one of the last smokers in the family 😊). The excuse was that cigarettes can't be shipped internationally and the insurance would not cover the loss. Last time I ever bought travel insurance.... there's always seems to be an excuse why they "can't cover that".

• Like 1