When do they work on Move Up Offers

Caroldoll

If depends on what you’re bidding on.  If you are bidding to move from OV to Veranda and there are a lot of cabins open some will be accepted a week + before sailing.  If you are bidding on a suite category that is sold out or only has 1 or 2 suites open then you probably won’t hear until 2  days before or at boarding.

l

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

If depends on what you’re bidding on.  If you are bidding to move from OV to Veranda and there are a lot of cabins open some will be accepted a week + before sailing.  If you are bidding on a suite category that is sold out or only has 1 or 2 suites open then you probably won’t hear until 2  days before or at boarding.

l

Do you have any insight as to what "pending" really means?  Is it 'under consideration' or 'all bids when made are pending so don't get your hopes up...LOL?  TIA....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

What did you get?  Which ship?

Moved from inside to OV on Summit, Maine/Canada return Boston. The Celebrity web, in July said the cruise was sold out. A few days later one inside became available which we booked. Then received the move up email, we bid on OV and veranda 

I am not sure I understand this, other than according to prior posts from you stating their is no availability.

If you see a cabin of your choice open up (check daily and often) then you just grab it and pay the asking price. That is what I have done prior.

I would not count on them monitoring the move up, you just have to keep checking on it.

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Do you have any insight as to what "pending" really means?  Is it 'under consideration' or 'all bids when made are pending so don't get your hopes up...LOL?  TIA....

Every bid someone makes it pending from the min it’s made until it’s accepted/denied or cancelled. 

As to when it gets looked at this can happen at any point.. I’ve had bids accepted 3 weeks out or 2 days before cruising 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I am not sure I understand this, other than according to prior posts from you stating their is no availability.

If you see a cabin of your choice open up (check daily and often) then you just grab it and pay the asking price. That is what I have done prior.

I would not count on them monitoring the move up, you just have to keep checking on it.

This is fine if money isn’t a consideration but most people want to get a move up without paying full price… I want a sky suite on my September 16th cruise but to book it full price will cost 16k extra on top of the 4K I paid for the sv cabin I already have… no cabin is worth that unless as I mentioned money isn’t a consideration… 

We are booked in a sky suite on a Solstice Alaska cruise and have a strong bid for a RS. I'm really satisfied with the location of our current suite. My DH is turning 60 on Saturday. I tried to surprise him with the cruise itself. That fell through when we were on an Alaska cruise and our TA emailed about final payment. So maybe surprise him with a RS. We mostly book sky suites. Yesterday is the 1st time I have gotten a email from the Retreat Engagement Center.

OP---is there any availability in the categories that you bid on, or are they all sold out?

As others have said---there is no set time that Move Up offers are accepted/rejected.

We bid on 4 categories on August 5 and one got accepted September 1 (for September 22 cruise). I was checking availability of every category that I bid on at least once a week. By the time it was accepted, I was checking daily.

Edited by broker1217

I bid on Celebrity and Royal suite yesterday. Both are still pending. I am on September 22 Hawaii cruise. BigBen boy, I was wondering why you received email from Retreat center if you have not been assigned a upper suite yet ? 

PS, I lived in Bellevue for many years before moving to Palm Springs. 

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

This is fine if money isn’t a consideration but most people want to get a move up without paying full price… I want a sky suite on my September 16th cruise but to book it full price will cost 16k extra on top of the 4K I paid for the sv cabin I already have… no cabin is worth that unless as I mentioned money isn’t a consideration… 

OP has said on earlier posts that she is willing to pay a premium price for a better suite. Move up discount does not matter to them. 

12 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

BigBen boy, I was wondering why you received email from Retreat center if you have not been assigned a upper suite yet ? 

History is that if they get around to it, non-uppers are contacted as well.  Sky Suites have some pre-cruise options, too.

2 hours ago, MR_T said:

Absolutely agree! I have bid a total of 3k for both of us to move to a CS or RS. Booking flat out would be 10-13k more. No way! If my strong bids are accepted, it is a win. If not, I am very happy with my AQ.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Where was the cruise?  Mine is a 12 day cruise in the Eastern Med on Apex.

Right after the 5 nt Connie restart cruise, the 10 nt Caribbean in November.  It wasn't anywhere near 60, but a comparable % to your Apex situation.  Apex has a lot more suites to fill (176 vs. 50 for Constellation).  I'd guess that suites were running around 60~70% full, but the entire cruise was running only about 40% capacity (~850 of 2184).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MR_T said:

In other threads, OP has mentioned hiring an IT person to help with completing check-in on the Celebrity app, hiring a private nurse to perform the pre-cruise covid test, and was clear that she would pay any price to upgrade to a larger suite as her husband is quite tall. It doesn't appear that money is a consideration.

13 hours ago, retired067 said:

Moved from inside to OV on Summit, Maine/Canada return Boston. The Celebrity web, in July said the cruise was sold out. A few days later one inside became available which we booked. Then received the move up email, we bid on OV and veranda 

What was your bid for each of these?  We are on Summit for Canada/New England on 10/3.