17 year old cruising without parents?

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What is posted on Royals site is incorrect.  Typical for Royals website.

Children can be booked in a cabin that is beside or directly across the hall from their parents.  You must call to book this way as it cannot be booked that way directly on the website.

I have done numerous bookings both personal and for clients where the kids are in the rooms by themselves...booked that way and not switched on board.

You also only quoted part of the policy.  The second part is..

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

And as I mentioned they have extended the "connecting" stateroom to include adjacent or directly across the hall.

Thanks for clarifying that.  What's important to this thread is the underage passengers must be accompanied by an adult.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pcur said:

The switching is a personal choice; the adult in the cabin is a requirement.  See post #41 above.  That's directly from RCCL's web site.

And we've done multiple cruises WITHOUT an adult in a cabin (but adjacent).  So it is NOT a requirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

And we've done multiple cruises WITHOUT an adult in a cabin (but adjacent).  So it is NOT a requirement.

Correct, as discussed above.  An adult has to be on the booking, either in the cabin or in an adjacent cabin.  The whole idea is that the person under the age of 18 is accompanied by an adult.

2 hours ago, pcur said:

Correct, as discussed above.  An adult has to be on the booking, either in the cabin or in an adjacent cabin.  The whole idea is that the person under the age of 18 is accompanied by an adult.

Yes, but you're STILL wrong.  Please just stop talking about this.  

They don't need to be "on the booking" because each room is a separate booking.  So if the adult isn't in the same room, they're not "on the booking". 

Just stop.  

The whole point is this kid wants to go by himself with no one 21 or over anywhere on the ship.  THAT is not allowed as PCUR points out.  And some cleaning supplies seem to enjoy being nasty, it's inevitable.  And yes, said supplies are still on my ignore list, so probably shouldn't even go there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

The whole point is this kid wants to go by himself with no one 21 or over anywhere on the ship.  THAT is not allowed as PCUR points out.  And some cleaning supplies seem to enjoy being nasty, it's inevitable.  And yes, said supplies are still on my ignore list, so probably shouldn't even go there.

I put that cleaning supply on my ignore list, too, but I guess it takes a while for it to be effective.  Never was much for the abrasive type of cleaning supplies, anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1