Time stamp for COVID test picture?

jaimeandandy

45 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

Except that for that itinerary you need to follow the Canadian rules and have a monitored test. I hope that changes by spring so I won't need to test prior to the second leg of my B2B.

I realize that and why I said, "It be be great if that's all we needed to do for our upcoming NE/Canada cruise". I'd like to see testing stopped no matter the cruise line or the itinerary. I don't even care if someone is vaccinated or not. 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Here we go yet again...

People, honestly, give it a rest and use a little deductive reasoning. If they cared about any aspect of the self-test...the date, test subject, type of test, etc, etc, don't you think the process would be just a tad more ironclad? Y'know, like it was before?

Give it a rest...

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Same garbage different day.  A self test is simply that.  Can you fake a date?  Sure.  Same as a proctored test can be faked.  Just go through the motions and ignore the comments that offer up implied rules.

Take some of this as a form of protest if nothing else. I don't know why they even bother, and as I noted before it needlessly costs everybody time and money (one way or another).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moonarino said:

Take some of this as a form of protest if nothing else. I don't know why they even bother, and as I noted before it needlessly costs everybody time and money (one way or another).

I think you're missing my point. I completely agree that the current guidelines are absolutely useless.

It's time to just plain stop the testing.

I'm just getting tired of people not using a little common sense. In fact, they are putting obstacles in their own way. 

"Any at-home antigen test"   Yet someone asks about if that means no PCR test.

"How do you prove what date you took the test?"   Nowhere does it say you need to prove anything.

And ever more of the same. Ugh.

I'm waiting for the day when Celebrity  states "No testing of any kind is required to board any of our ships".

And then someone will post: "Does this mean I don't have to take a test to board the ship?" 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

My heart breaks for fhose poor souls like me, traveling to Bermuda, who still have to take proctored or official tests........

My heart doesn't break for anyone healthy enough and wealthy enough to be able to board a cruise ship. Get a grip people! These are certainly first world problems that are wonderful to have.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I'm waiting for the day when Celebrity  states "No testing of any kind is required to board any of our ships".

And then someone will post: "Does this mean I don't have to take a test to board the ship?" 

Yes, a test will be required even then ... but it will be for reading comprehension skills, not COVID. 😳

• Haha 6

53 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I think you're missing my point. I completely agree that the current guidelines are absolutely useless.

I made my point actually, which is exactly what you wrote there. Quoting myself, "I don't know why they even bother".

Edit: I should note that a commenter's post on Page 1 that had the word "stop" in it was deleted. I tried to "like" the post but got an error, refreshed the page and the comment was no longer there. Just sayin'. I can't say for sure who deleted it, but poof, the whole thing disappeared.

Edited by Moonarino

2 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

I made my point actually, which is exactly what you wrote there. Quoting myself, "I don't know why they even bother".

??? I don't understand I guess. You quoted me saying 'Take some of this as a form of protest if nothing else."   

I thought you were referring to previous posts by others.

I got your point that you also think the new guidelines are useless. I've seen that in all your posts for the most part.

I just wanted to clarify what I find irritating...which is that people are making it harder on themselves then is necessary.

In any case, not a big deal...sorry if I misunderstood your post. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

??? I don't understand I guess. You quoted me saying 'Take some of this as a form of protest if nothing else."   

I thought you were referring to previous posts by others.

I got your point that you also think the new guidelines are useless. I've seen that in all your posts for the most part.

I just wanted to clarify what I find irritating...which is that people are making it harder on themselves then is necessary.

In any case, not a big deal...sorry if I misunderstood your post. 

No prob, same here, no big deal.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TroubleT said:

Hopefully, by the time of my sailing this whole madness with self-testing will be over. But... If not then... What test is qualified as a "good test"? The price is from $9.23 to over $200 per test.

Does it matter which test to buy/use?

From your post:  ""To meet this requirement, you may use any at-home antigen tests."

You got it from the Celebrity website. Seems pretty clear.

ETA: Don't make it hard on yourself. Pick a cheap one. They are really easy. Ask the pharmacist if you need to...  

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, TroubleT said:

Hopefully, by the time of my sailing this whole madness with self-testing will be over. But... If not then... What test is qualified as a "good test"? The price is from $9.23 to over $200 per test.

Does it matter which test to buy/use?

$200 for a self- test? Heck no. If you're asking about brand, BinaxNOW is the most commonly available and recognized, any pharmacy should have it (for $25 or less). Walgreens also has at least one other brand, can't remember the name. That one is a little cheaper per test but there's only one test in the box. The BinaxNOW has two per box. My problem with the BinaxNOW test is the dropper for the solution. The tube is hard plastic and small and you have to be sure to get exactly 6 drops (all of each drop) into a little hole. Maybe another brand is a little easier to use.

10 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I was also hoping to find an answer to this question, but I'm not sure there have been any itineraries where the self-test was in effect.  Perhaps in Europe but I'm not sure.  At least for the Caribbean, the first 10 day of longer sailing doesn't occur until September 16.  There are a couple of sailings in Europe starting on September 15.   There are other longer sailings but they involve stops in Canada so the new rules don't apply.   

I'll be on the 10- night September 26 Equinox sailing, so I was hoping to get some information before I show up at the pier with my negative test strip.

I'm on the same sailing too.  Thanks for looking up the next Caribbean sailing, didn't realize there weren't any this weekend.  I appreciate everyone's opinions on this topic, but as the OP, I really just wanted to know how big a deal they would make at check-in.  I agree with everyone, it would be easy to cheat the system...I just want to sail on through check in so was asking for some first-hand experienced answers.  Hopefully, someone will update this once they actually try the photographed test results at check-in!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 3:11 AM, jaimeandandy said:

So this was the first weekend of sailing under the new protocols.  Who sailed on a 10 day sailing and can share their experience of showing a negative COVID test at check in?  How did you prove the date of your test?  Did they just accept the timestamp on your smartphone?  Did you photograph the test with a date written beside it?  Is anybody showing the picture of the test box with the results to prove what kind of test it was?  Thanks, I'm just trying to prepare for my sailing in a couple weeks.  Wanted to know how strict they are at check in after the change.

You have to stand in a cheesy no-tell motel bathroom with a local newspaper and the negative test. Then you have to take a picture with the date on the newspaper clearly visible with the test in the background.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Moonarino said:

$200 for a self- test? Heck no. If you're asking about brand, BinaxNOW is the most commonly available and recognized, any pharmacy should have it (for $25 or less). Walgreens also has at least one other brand, can't remember the name. That one is a little cheaper per test but there's only one test in the box. The BinaxNOW has two per box. My problem with the BinaxNOW test is the dropper for the solution. The tube is hard plastic and small and you have to be sure to get exactly 6 drops (all of each drop) into a little hole. Maybe another brand is a little easier to use.

I just kept all the "free" tests my tax dollars paid for for occasions such as this. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I was also hoping to find an answer to this question, but I'm not sure there have been any itineraries where the self-test was in effect.  Perhaps in Europe but I'm not sure.  At least for the Caribbean, the first 10 day of longer sailing doesn't occur until September 16.  There are a couple of sailings in Europe starting on September 15.   There are other longer sailings but they involve stops in Canada so the new rules don't apply.   

I'll be on the 10- night September 26 Equinox sailing, so I was hoping to get some information before I show up at the pier with my negative test strip.

We are on the 10 night sailing of the Equinox as well.  I have called X several times & was told that a screenshot of a self administered test is enough.   I’ve done the BinaxNow self test, as a practice test & it has a bar code on it.  I put the Narvac app ( Binax now) on my iphone.  Once I got the results, I scanned the code & it gave me a negative digital printout.    I’m taking screenshots of the negative tests as well.  Just to be on the safe side. 

17 hours ago, dlh015 said:

I'm just getting tired of people not using a little common sense. In fact, they are putting obstacles in their own way. 

"Any at-home antigen test"   Yet someone asks about if that means no PCR test.

"How do you prove what date you took the test?"   Nowhere does it say you need to prove anything.

And ever more of the same. Ugh.

Totally agree with what your saying.  It’s quite clear that you can use ANY at home self test.  And the 3 day thing is self explanatory.  People are driving themselves crazy by overthinking it.