Check In at 21 days?

Laszlo

Has check in always been at 21 days out from your sailing date or is this new? Haven't cruised in three years but I could have sworn I had my check in completed long before our sailing date. It currently shows 50% with a couple days out from final payment

2 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Has check in always been at 21 days out from your sailing date or is this new? Haven't cruised in three years but I could have sworn I had my check in completed long before our sailing date. It currently shows 50% with a couple days out from final payment

Definitely a change made since 2020... sometime during 2021!

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

Changed back around November 2021.  My first 2 cruises in September and October I could check in as soon as I paid in full but when I went to do my November cruise, had to wait until the 21 day mark

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Changed back around November 2021.  My first 2 cruises in September and October I could check in as soon as I paid in full but when I went to do my November cruise, had to wait until the 21 day mark

Thanks, yea I thought I remember getting all the check in completed right after final payment

• Like 1

I noticed the same thing as I just booked a cruise for October and thought I would start the check in process. I sailed NCL in February but don't recall having to wait till 21 days to do everything. At least I found the answer on here. These boards are always helpful.

9 minutes ago, debbyfelse1963 said:

please sorry to ask. I see you have to watch the safety video and upload pictures.  So are you not able to pick a check in time unless your pictures are uploaded or can you watch video and check in and then add pictures later?

you can watch the video and add photo later. you can skip that step to select your time. then go back at a later date to watch the video

Has anyone done B2B2B or B2B2B2B where the 21 day period falls an earlier cruise when you were already on the ship?   We are on the Jade for B2B2B2B and the check in 21 day period for the 3rd and 4th cruises falls when we are already on the Jade?   Any idea what happens to get over this problem?

A worse problem occurs later in 2023 when we have 3 cruises, the first two on one ship and the third on another.   The 21 day period for the third occurs while we are on the other ship on our first cruise!!

5 hours ago, casofilia said:

Has anyone done B2B2B or B2B2B2B where the 21 day period falls an earlier cruise when you were already on the ship?   We are on the Jade for B2B2B2B and the check in 21 day period for the 3rd and 4th cruises falls when we are already on the Jade?   Any idea what happens to get over this problem?

A worse problem occurs later in 2023 when we have 3 cruises, the first two on one ship and the third on another.   The 21 day period for the third occurs while we are on the other ship on our first cruise!!

You can use the computer onboard to complete the check in. It is free to access the NCL website and does not require to purchase any wifi packages.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, shof515 said:

you can watch the video and add photo later. you can skip that step to select your time. then go back at a later date to watch the video

I was onboard another ship when my 21 day time came. I could not access the video onboard and was not able to complete check in, and not able to save my time. IT manager onboard said it wasn't unusual to not be able to watch the video.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:50 PM, casofilia said:

Had that happen, was on the Dawn, needed to check in for upcoming cruise on the Star. I couldn't finish the check in because the video wouldn't load. Didn't matter if I was using my WiFi plan or not.  IT manager said it was the network, not sure if it would have worked if I had premium WiFi.  For me it was just a matter of a couple of days so didn't pursue it.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:48 PM, shof515 said:

When we checked in last month, it seemed like you pretty much had to watch the video to proceed with the check-in process.  AND watch it for each person.

For most people, you are doing the check-in exactly 21 days prior to departure (12 midnight NCL Time - Miami Eastern Time) to get a preferable check-in time. 

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

When we checked in last month, it seemed like you pretty much had to watch the video to proceed with the check-in process.  AND watch it for each person.

For most people, you are doing the check-in exactly 21 days prior to departure (12 midnight NCL Time - Miami Eastern Time) to get a preferable check-in time. 

If you are not in the Haven or Platinum what is the earliest check in times?  I plan on getting on right at midnight to get my time.  Only our 2nd cruise on NCL.

Edited by hrmkr

31 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

If you are not in the Haven or Platinum what is the earliest check in times?  I plan on getting on right at midnight to get my time.  Only our 2nd cruise on NCL.

Earliest is probably 9 or 9:30, depends on the port. But that's check in, not boarding. So you may be sitting in the terminal for a couple of hours.

And it's midnight EST.

35 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Earliest is probably 9 or 9:30, depends on the port. But that's check in, not boarding. So you may be sitting in the terminal for a couple of hours.

And it's midnight EST.

Thank you.  It might not be too bad since we are sailing in early November and the ship may not be that full. 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, casofilia said:

Has anyone done B2B2B or B2B2B2B where the 21 day period falls an earlier cruise when you were already on the ship?   

Yes, we've done that a couple of times this year (and I just realised we'll be doing it three times more this year!). Had to wait for decent mobile signal in a port if I remember right, it was very slow on board.  It doesn't matter if you have to wait a few days to do it as you don't need to get a good time (just pick one at random) - you're already on board!

On 9/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, casofilia said:

Again you'll probably have to wait for decent internet, so you might miss an early slot that time.  One of our check-ins will fall within a cruise on a previous ship as well, this year, so same problem for us.

Edited by Rob_H