I was moved from a 1A to a 7C cabin by Carnival

sanmarcosman

I've never had this happen before with Carnival and I've been cruising with them since 1991. I received an email saying my 1A cabin with two port holes was not going to be available for guests that cruise. I was moved to a 7C cove balcony no extra charge. I'll take it 🙂 Thanks, Carnival

• Like 22

24 minutes ago, ober134 said:

Was the 1A a connecting cabin? Maybe somebody with kids really wanted that option.

No and the email said it was not available to guests. In February I was checked into my 1A on Panorama and there was a crew member assigned to the cabin! He was sitting on the couch when I entered and the things I had left with the steward were in the cabin with him. Apparently he had just signed on and was in quarantine for newly arriving crew. I was upgraded to a balcony on lido for that goof by Carnival. I was given an apology and remarkable upgrade. 

The difference here is I was notified nearly two months prior to sailing and given a reason as to why the change was made. I'm good 🙂 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

No and the email said it was not available to guests. In February I was checked into my 1A on Panorama and there was a crew member assigned to the cabin! He was sitting on the couch when I entered and the things I had left with the steward were in the cabin with him. Apparently he had just signed on and was in quarantine for newly arriving crew. I was upgraded to a balcony on lido for that goof by Carnival. I was given an apology and remarkable upgrade. 

The difference here is I was notified nearly two months prior to sailing and given a reason as to why the change was made. I'm good 🙂 

Is the upcoming cruise also on Panorama?  I ask because I have a 1A with portholes booked on an upcoming Panorama cruise and wonder whether I’ll have the same good luck as you have.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Is the upcoming cruise also on Panorama?  I ask because I have a 1A with portholes booked on an upcoming Panorama cruise and wonder whether I’ll have the same good luck as you have.

No, it's not 😉 I like the 1A cabins because they have the couch like the balcony cabins do.

2220 Panorama.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

No, it's not 😉 I like the 1A cabins because they have the couch like the balcony cabins do.

2220 Panorama.jpg

I can see your point, I really enjoy having a couch too, it makes relaxing in the cabin much more comfortable, having a chair only isn't the same. I also like those adjustable tables they have on Miracle, it would be nice if those were on all the ships. I'll be avoiding cabins without couches moving forward. 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Could be from a pre- (At Sea) drydock renovations. They block off a section of cabins and start working before the actual drydock repairs begin.

This happened to us on the Destiny / Sunshine renovation.

Edited by BasicSailor

4 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I also like those adjustable tables they have on Miracle, it would be nice if those were on all the ships. I'll be avoiding cabins without couches moving forward. 

I stayed in French door 4Ks on the Miracle 4 times and didn't adjust the coffee table once.  I always liked the couch those cabins had and used the table often. I sailed Miracle in April and after my 8 Panorama cruises I decided it was likely my last time on Miracle unless she gets a major renovation to brighten her up. I always knew the Bacchus MDR was dark but in April I found the Lido dining room dark as well. The Radiance was nice on the August 29th cruise. It's bright like Panorama and reminds me of a new Sheraton in the atrium and dining rooms. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I can see your point, I really enjoy having a couch too, it makes relaxing in the cabin much more comfortable, having a chair only isn't the same. I also like those adjustable tables they have on Miracle, it would be nice if those were on all the ships. I'll be avoiding cabins without couches moving forward. 

I have also been in 1A cabins without portholes, and find that having the port hole brightens things up quite a bit.  They’re a great find for solos especially.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I stayed in French door 4Ks on the Miracle 4 times and didn't adjust the coffee table once.  I always liked the couch those cabins had and used the table often. I sailed Miracle in April and after my 8 Panorama cruises I decided it was likely my last time on Miracle unless she gets a major renovation to brighten her up. I always knew the Bacchus MDR was dark but in April I found the Lido dining room dark as well. The Radiance was nice on the August 29th cruise. It's bright like Panorama and reminds me of a new Sheraton in the atrium and dining rooms. 

It was pretty dark for sure, that didn't bug me much, the noise level in there in insane! It was like everyone was basically scream talking. There were a lot of loud groups around us and everyone was properly lit so that may have had something to do with it but I actually got a headache one night from all the noise. The first night was perfectly fine (near the front) but the next three (seated near the back) were like being at a sporting event.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I have also been in 1A cabins without portholes, and find that having the port hole brightens things up quite a bit.  They’re a great find for solos especially.  

Yes, and you can see what the weather looks like without looking at the ship cams on the TV. The ledge under the portholes in some of the 1As is very deep and we have used it for storage. The Vista Class ships have porthole glass washers that come on in the wee hours that spray wash and rinse the round windows. You can see the spray nozzle at the top of the porthole in this photo from the Panorama.

Porthole.png

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It was pretty dark for sure, that didn't bug me much, the noise level in there in insane! It was like everyone was basically scream talking. There were a lot of loud groups around us and everyone was properly lit so that may have had something to do with it but I actually got a headache one night from all the noise. The first night was perfectly fine (near the front) but the next three (seated near the back) were like being at a sporting event.   

LA folks can be a tough crowd 🙂 

• Haha 1

Hi all!

Something similar happened to me on the Glory in February. Instead of the 1A I got an oceanview which was so spacious & lovely. Seems the section where the 1As are was blocked off, possibly for quarantine. You really lucked out getting a cove balcony, I loved mine on Breeze.

Have a nice day folks & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

If the original cabin location was forward on the lowest deck, it is likely being used for the Covid quarantine area. That is the location used for that on my Ecstasy cruise in June. 

Not the lowest deck. But my post #5 follows along with your thought.