Cabin Amneities

san diego spartan

Every cruise I have taken, the ship provides shampoo (often shampoo and conditioner in one) and some form of soap.  Princess soap is liquid, in shower-wall-mounted dispensers, and in some kind of dispenser by the sink. 

Pre-Covid, there was also a hand/body lotion, but that might be reserved for high categories of cabins/passengers.

I dislike liquid soap for showers and for many years, I have brought on board my preferred brand of bar soap.  I am not particular about shampoo and I am happy with whatever the ship provides.

We always bring our own. Neither of us likes the provided shampoo/conditioner or the body wash.On our cruise in May we were pleased to find bar soap provided at the sink. We had brought our own but didn't need it. We will continue to bring our own shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. (Not that I use a large amount of shampoo....🤪)

• Like 1

Conditioning shampoo, body wash and lotion are provided.  Bar soap or liquid soap by the sink is also provided ( Princess is moving away from bar soap so bring your own bar if you want to be sure to have one).

I always pack my own shampoo and conditioner as I don’t care for the shampoo Princess provides ( it doesn’t work as a conditioner at all in my opinion). 

• Like 1

This may not apply to you, but I learned from the best....On a longer cruise, I pick up a pump bottle of soap (soft soap, dollar store, on sale) and bring that with me for hand washing.  I love the small round soaps.  I have a GO round container and they fit perfectly.  Hard to find in stores.

I hated the scent of the hand soap and body wash on the Caribbean Princess last month. They smelled like gardenias. They were labeled eucalyptus and sea salt, as was the shampoo/conditioner combination. The shampoo/conditioner smelled like it was supposed to.

There was no bar soap. I brought my own for the shower and the sink.

11 hours ago, san diego spartan said:

Have an upcoming cruise on Discovery Princess. Wondering about the amenities as I'm  in packing mode.  Is there supplied shampoo and conditioner and liquid hand soap? 

Thanks

Basically

In the shower, pump bottles, one with shampoo/conditioner mix, the other with shower gel

On the sink, bar soap , body lotion

At the desk, hair dryer works ok, but may take a longer time for long thick hair.

Some tips. Special hair? Bring your own shampoo & conditioner. Longer thick hair? Bring your own dryer. We have brought some bar soap for the shower. We have also requested extra bar soap from the cabin steward.