Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

My appetizers were Michigan pasty and Buffalo cauliflower.

20221005_185210-X2.jpg

20221005_185215-X2.jpg

For my main I ordered the salmon.

20221005_190052-X2.jpg

Dessert was the chocolate and cheese brownie and cappuccino pie.

20221005_191601-X2.jpg

20221005_191616-X2.jpg

Everything was good and they sang the sad last night song but I smiled on the inside because I have 10 more days. 

• Like 3

Good morning from Miami.

I am sad to learn the deli menu is tje latest victim of cutbacks. Even sadder because this round included a number of my favorites. 

I try really hard not to be "that guy" but it's getting to be a lot going away and fast.

Anyway, I am excited to try a few new sandwiches and will give those a try this week.

• Like 3

Looks like we are going to be here a while. They just called luggage tag 12 and I hear the line to get off is still a madhouse. I wonder what the holdup is.

I feel bad for those getting on today. It's only a 2 day cruise so every minute counts. 

• Like 1

Down to the last 8 people.

My card is downgraded to platinum again. My mom is blue.....apparently her name was never added to the booking and I didn't checkin since I am b2b so her card just says TBA.  

Add that to the list of ways my former PVP messed this booking up.

• Like 1

Down to the last 3 people. But they said it will be a while before we can be processed because the terminal is full.

I heard the shops are being redone today. They had the windows blacked out yesterday and I suspect it will be stocked for the Caribbean. It had nothing really in Alaska.

I also just heard the tables are being replaced this cruise so they can remove the tablecloths. I will report back if I find the food tastes any different or if my experience is impacted in any way.

Also hoping maybe the Halloween decorations will go up today.

• Like 3

Going through customs now. I see the problem, facial recognition is not being used they are doing it old school and i suspect they are not staffed for that.

Also boarding has not begun, not sure why people just make things up to cause people to get worked up. The passenger must be a news reporter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Going through customs now. I see the problem, facial recognition is not being used they are doing it old school and i suspect they are not staffed for that.

Also boarding has not begun, not sure why people just make things up to cause people to get worked up. The passenger must be a news reporter. 

Oh wow. The facial recognition has been a game changer. So much faster. 

• Like 2

I spy some Halloween decorations. 

20221006_122554-X2.jpg

Also we have a new deli menu, but it's not the one John posted. Seems to be the one that got people upset about no fries.

Chopsticks is moved to the port side.

Also a much louder crowd, as to be expected but will take some getting used to.

• Like 1

This is an angry ship. Apparently there was some glitch and people were able to purchase cheers even though it is not available on 2 day cruises. They got onboard to learn their cheers had been refunded and they would be paying for drinks as they go.

I believe carnival did the right thing in the end and honored their mistake, but there was nearly a mutiny onboard earlier.

Drinks are flowing and the ship smells like weed 🤢 so I think the crowds are happy again. If not, they certainly have the munchies.

Buckle up folks, it's gonna be a crazy two day booze cruise 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Oh geez, sounds like a party cruise. I'm doing laundry now to finally start packing. Flying down to Miami tomorrow afternoon and then I will join you on Friday! Hopefully people leave the weed at home. I hate the smell.

I do too. I don't even care if people do it but the smell yuck.

I can't remember the last time I sailed on Carnival from Miami and didn't smell it even on 8 day cruises. I would pretty much expect it.

Dinner tonight was dead. When we showed up at 7 everyone was waiting to show people in like they do when it first opens. 

One of the hosts was almost in tears when she saw us onboard. She was so used to seeing the same people for so long she was happy to see a familiar face.

No menu for mdr because it's the same night one menu I've posted twice before.

Lido menu.

20221006_174332-X2.jpg

I have a lot of OBC to use on these two days so I wanted to do steakhouse tonight but when I stepped on the scale this am I threw that plan out the window.

Lightish dinner in the dining room. 

Cured salmon 

20221006_190727-X2.jpg

Vegetable lasagna.

20221006_191829-X2.jpg

It's a bit messy because I took a bite before I got a picture and then tried to fix it up lol.

Tiramisu.

20221006_193112-X2.jpg

• Like 2