Price drop after final payment

Germancruisersss

47 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Technically,  no. You can call them, or have your TA contact, and see if some sort of OBC or something else can be arranged.

Would you pay more if the price went up after you made final payment?

Certainly not 😉
But they once had that guarantee and it was well advertised in the small print.

5 hours ago, Germancruisersss said:

Certainly not 😉
But they once had that guarantee and it was well advertised in the small print.

A guarantee for what?  Hal was giving me a hard time about adjusting the price on a fully refundable fare BEFORE final which is ridiculous.  You might as well try.  You've got nothing to lose.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Germancruisersss said:

Prices for the inside guarantee on Volendam sailings in September just dropped 200€.

Does HAL still offer compensation in that case? I remember having that 10 years back on Prinsendam and the difference was added to our OBC.

Thanks

No price adjustment after final payment....I just went through this scenario.  However, you may get an upgrade but in my case the upgrade was not in a good location.  No OBC was offered but if you have a TA, they could probably try that option.

• Thanks 1

Time for the big girl pants and your best negotiating skills. Though I never get the full discount I do usually get some small perk to take the sting away.   Try getting internet, dinner or other perk that costs them very little.  

think about it this way.  Internet probably costs  them $1 to deliver but they charge upward of $14 per day.  It is an easy way to appease a customer 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Time for the big girl pants and your best negotiating skills. Though I never get the full discount I do usually get some small perk to take the sting away.   Try getting internet, dinner or other perk that costs them very little.  

think about it this way.  Internet probably costs  them $1 to deliver but they charge upward of $14 per day.  It is an easy way to appease a customer 

I think you are very, very lucky.  They used to do something minute before Covid now forget it.  

Just now, Wakepatrol said:

People spending 6 hours on hold to remove a $5 mini bar charge,now spending another 6 hrs to get a dinner or free internet  because the lousiest cabins left on the ship have dropped in price. 

No, that is a bit snarky.  If one is an early riser one has no pro getting through quickly. Or if one has a really good TA.

• Like 1

My best experience with this scenario was 10 years ago. A Canada/New England cruise on the Eurodam, and for whatever reason,  the price we paid for an inside cabin ended up being less than the price for a balcony after final payment. My very persistent TA got us a Spa Balcony with no extra charge.  So it can happen. 😊

• Like 2

We are cruising in Oct and it was way past our final payment time for our Inside cabin.  I got an alert that the price of our 14 day cruise had dropped. I texted our TA and asked what it would cost to upgrade to an Ocean view or a Veranda.  She responded that an ocean view would be free and a Guaranteed Obstructed View would cost us $60 dollars total. We went for the Guaranteed Obstructed View and we just got assigned our cabin and it is not an Obstructed view Veranda but a regular Veranda. I did a happy dance!  We are looking forward to seeing those fall foliage views from our Veranda.

Edited by noddoyll
  • Like 3

On 9/13/2022 at 9:19 PM, Wakepatrol said:

People spending 6 hours on hold to remove a $5 mini bar charge,now spending another 6 hrs to get a dinner or free internet  because the lousiest cabins left on the ship have dropped in price. 

Who would do that?  Nobody I know.

• Like 1

Booked a Feb 2023 with a TA in July.   Ta was ineffective until I gave a bad rating THEN supposedly a supervisor gave us back a credit that we haven’t seen yet on credit card.        I had also, at time, put in a request with HAL a and FINALLY a got a response a MONTH later telling me to go back to TA since that is how it was booked!      
I need to follow up on the supposed credit.     

31 minutes ago, Queenmom1947 said:

Booked a Feb 2023 with a TA in July.   Ta was ineffective until I gave a bad rating THEN supposedly a supervisor gave us back a credit that we haven’t seen yet on credit card.        I had also, at time, put in a request with HAL a and FINALLY a got a response a MONTH later telling me to go back to TA since that is how it was booked!      
I need to follow up on the supposed credit.     

You can sign a paper to have your cruise released from an agency for cause.