Not All Agencies Will Forward Bidding Email

cruzsnooze

In the FAQ'S this is question number one

1. How do I check whether my cruise is eligible for Princess Upgrade?
    You should receive an email invitation after all eligibility requirements are met and have opted-in to receive marketing emails from Princess. If you meet all the eligibility requirements but still cannot access the bidding site, please check with your travel advisor as a small number of travel agencies have elected to limit access partially or fully to this program.

I have a booking with a big box agency and wonder if they will have access. They never passed on upgrade offers in the past so I wonder about passing this along. 

I called the big box agency this morning and they said "WE ARE NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE BIDDING PROCESS"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

In the FAQ'S this is question number one

1. How do I check whether my cruise is eligible for Princess Upgrade?
    You should receive an email invitation after all eligibility requirements are met and have opted-in to receive marketing emails from Princess. If you meet all the eligibility requirements but still cannot access the bidding site, please check with your travel advisor as a small number of travel agencies have elected to limit access partially or fully to this program.

I have a booking with a big box agency and wonder if they will have access. They never passed on upgrade offers in the past so I wonder about passing this along. 

I called the big box agency this morning and they said "WE ARE NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE BIDDING PROCESS"

I've used a big box agency in the past and after many times of cruising with Princess and hearing about this person or that person getting upsell and move over offers, I finally asked how the agency notifies me of such offers.  They said they didn't ... they are just too busy for that.  Since that time, I've booked all my Princess cruises exclusively with a Cruise Vacation Planner down at Princess.  After that, I was getting offers all the time.  I may miss out on some of the OBC and such but I have full access to my bookings and know offers will be forwarded on to me.  I also use another travel agent that I use for all other bookings outside of Princess and I confirmed that she passes along these offers to her clients.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I think we're talking about the same company. I get a gift card not OBC from them.

I'm sure we are talking about the same travel agency.  Don't get me wrong, they have been a great travel agency when we've booked through them in the past.  They also have had some fantastic 'group' cruises under a 'signature' or 'buyers choice' designation and yes, they now give gift cards for their big box stores.  The only reason I switched was to receive offers, which I have.  It's all in what you want from your booking.  I'm definitely not saying I wouldn't go back to using them for one of these 'group' cruises in the future.  They really have been great deals and always something quite special.  

28 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm sure we are talking about the same travel agency.  Don't get me wrong, they have been a great travel agency when we've booked through them in the past.  They also have had some fantastic 'group' cruises under a 'signature' or 'buyers choice' designation and yes, they now give gift cards for their big box stores.  The only reason I switched was to receive offers, which I have.  It's all in what you want from your booking.  I'm definitely not saying I wouldn't go back to using them for one of these 'group' cruises in the future.  They really have been great deals and always something quite special.  

I have a cruise booked next year with this agency and a $405 Gift card which is a significant amount. If Princess sends out an email to the agency AND the passenger I will be a happy cruiser.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

We are booked with a major online travel agent. The emails (three for the same cruise) are all coming directly from Princess, not the TA. 

Agreed. Our upgrade email came directly from Princess. Also agree that Princess seems to "stutter" and send multiple emails these days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

We are booked with a major online travel agent. The emails (three for the same cruise) are all coming directly from Princess, not the TA. 

The question is if your agency participates and the one I use  doesn't. I don't use an online, I call in to the big box agency. 

24 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The question is if your agency participates and the one I use  doesn't. I don't use an online, I call in to the big box agency. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I understand that the agency that you are using isn’t participating. My intention was to let others know that not all large agencies are like that. BTW, one can book on-line with the big box store, just like l can still call my TA on her personal mobile phone. 

Additionally, as I stated in my original post, the emails that I have received are coming directly from Princess and are not forwarded through the travel agency.

Edited by partybarbie
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

Additionally, as I stated in my original post, the emails that I have received are coming directly from Princess and are not forwarded through the travel agency.

This has been my experience also.  Actually I have received notification directly from Princess and have also received the forwarded version from my TA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

A year ago Princess didn't have a bidding system.

Yea, I should clarify.  It was another cruise line.  I did see the notice fairly easily though.  This was a year ago like I said.  I haven’t looked recently.   

Edited by milolii

Don't spend a lot with the BB store, but a cart full of stuff can easily total 400 bucks.  I'd rather have more in a cash discount of my cruise fare.  I suppose it all comes out in the wash, but I'd rather have the discount now then be spending down a gift card in the future.  To each their own.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't spend a lot with the BB store, but a cart full of stuff can easily total 400 bucks.  I'd rather have more in a cash discount of my cruise fare.  I suppose it all comes out in the wash, but I'd rather have the discount now then be spending down a gift card in the future.  To each their own.  

On a general point I agree with you. But when my SUV needed tires it sure was nice having it all paid for with that gift card from the big box store. Things like wiper blades are needed every year on one of our cars, with items like these it gets used up quickly and of course we'll pick up a rotisserie chicken too!

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1