Updating Passport Info on Medallion App

Steven_&_Daniel

Has anyone ever been able to update their passport information on the Medallion app? I've spent the last 2 hours trying over and over and over and over to update my expired passport information. The app just keeps crashing over and over and over and over. I've scanned my passport with the app and then it doesn't save it. I've tried manually entering the new information and it crashes before I can complete it. 

There is no longer a way to input this information on the Princess website like there used to be. I would assume that the "green" line at cruise check-in is mostly empty since no one can actually enter the necessary information using the app.

In preparing for our Alaska cruise this past June, I deleted the information regarding my expired passport and I saved the new info in the medallion app...but when we checked in, the old info showed up on Princess tablet even though the medallion app on my phone showed the updated passport information. How strange is that !

So... now what I am doing in prepration for future cruises on Princess, I used the web based version of the cruise personalizer and entered the new passport information. We will see what happens the next time we check in !

Edited by erber

2 hours ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Has anyone ever been able to update their passport information on the Medallion app? I've spent the last 2 hours trying over and over and over and over to update my expired passport information. The app just keeps crashing over and over and over and over. I've scanned my passport with the app and then it doesn't save it. I've tried manually entering the new information and it crashes before I can complete it. 

There is no longer a way to input this information on the Princess website like there used to be. I would assume that the "green" line at cruise check-in is mostly empty since no one can actually enter the necessary information using the app.

If you’re updating personal information or documents, I’d go to the website, cruise personalizer under checkin-use the website version. Travel documents 

delete the old passport. You can update all the information there and it will filter into the App.  Or, delete it and go to the App and add your new one.

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you’re updating personal information or documents, I’d go to the website, cruise personalizer under checkin-use the website version. Travel documents 

delete the old passport. You can update all the information there and it will filter into the App.  Or, delete it and go to the App and add your new one.

I tried that 3 times. Their website either no longer has a place for that or it's not working. 

34 minutes ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

I tried that 3 times. Their website either no longer has a place for that or it's not working. 

You go to the cruise personalizer.

Click on your cruise.

check in.

You’ll see two dark App buttons

just below those there’s a blue line.

”Try our web version”  click that

Login using your name and booking number.  
You may have to try both names, if one doesn’t work.  Once you get into OceanReady, you’ll see it is very similar to the App.  Personal information, etc.

Documents….

You can also try your regular login and password.  That works sometimes too. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 2:25 PM, PacnGoNow said:

The web version IS the App.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The web version IS the App.

It is, but many cannot update on the MedallionClass App, but they can get there through the website.

It sounds confusing to say go to the website App to me. And it seems to be working for a lot of folks. 

But WDIK.

20 hours ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

I just went on the app and snapped pics of my passport (and the portion it can scan for the info) into the app's system. It updated the passport info instantly and has my passport photo, etc. in it. Took about 2 seconds.

• Like 1