Supervised v. unsupervised tests

Andrewgary

Sorry to start yet another of these but I checked in online this morning for my October 29 transatlantic on the Apex from Rome to Florida and on the Celebrity app it clearly states a SUPERVISED covid test is required. Now I'm more confused than usual.   

29 minutes ago, Andrewgary said:

Sorry to start yet another of these but I checked in online this morning for my October 29 transatlantic on the Apex from Rome to Florida and on the Celebrity app it clearly states a SUPERVISED covid test is required. Now I'm more confused than usual.   

There's plenty of time for Celebrity to correct the likely error.

1 hour ago, Andrewgary said:

The six transatlantic sailings require a supervised test. 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Well there you go! Problem solved.

Well, question answered, at least. 

For those of us arriving in departure cities early, would be nice to have a solution that didn't require farting around with proctored testing in the departure city within 2 days of embarkation.  Will see if anything changes from that 6 September bulletin by the start of the TA itineraries on 12 October.  They've still got almost a month to 'adjust' things, but something tells me that 6 September info is likely to stick.  I would imagine the reasoning behind this more conservative approach for TAs is related to having a longer cruise and a large number of at-sea days nowhere near land, though at this point with omicron, personally not sure how much difference that really makes. 

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Well, question answered, at least. 

For those of us arriving in departure cities early, would be nice to have a solution that didn't require farting around with proctored testing in the departure city within 2 days of embarkation.  Will see if anything changes from that 6 September bulletin by the start of the TA itineraries on 12 October.  They've still got almost a month to 'adjust' things, but something tells me that 6 September info is likely to stick.  I would imagine the reasoning behind this more conservative approach for TAs is related to having a longer cruise and a large number of at-sea days nowhere near land, though at this point with omicron, personally not sure how much difference that really makes. 

Not really a issue for us.  We are bringing eMed tests, so 20-25 mins at the hotel  and we are done.  If that testing doesn’t work for some reason our hotels can arrange a appointment for someone to come to the hotel to administer the test. 

I’m taking my ‘regular’ non-proctored tests and the eMed proctored to Rome/Civitavecchia. Plus a few backups. And will test at the hotel. Did this for Seattle. 

I know this is a hassle, but many of us, especially on TA’s that many times have a bit more of us with experience cruising, have done this not only for cruising. 

I watch the Celebrity website as @canderson listed. I dont go looking at Facebook, or the Italy ‘rules’ or even here for what should be done. Too many bad gouges put out.  

I joked on one thread that Celebrity makes changes to that just to get us going to the cruise website and then looking at cruises…..and signing up for more! 

Den 

Edited by Denny01