Proof of vaccination

clarets

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

With the utmost respect the clue is in the title of the thread. Proof of Vaccination.😉

With the utmost respect that part of the discussion was about P&O requesting (highly recommended) that those who are fully vaccinated (including boosters) still take a lateral flow covid test before embarking to confirm they are negative and how they would ask about that *test* and the result, and thus your vacation sticker is irrelevant to that point.

13 minutes ago, picsa said:

With the utmost respect that part of the discussion was about P&O requesting (highly recommended) that those who are fully vaccinated (including boosters) still take a lateral flow covid test before embarking to confirm they are negative and how they would ask about that *test* and the result, and thus your vacation sticker is irrelevant to that point.

I am so sorry if my sticker upset you in anyway. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, zap99 said:

With the utmost respect the clue is in the title of the thread. Proof of Vaccination.😉

That was what I thought as well, so the OP needs to know that he/she will need to have a copy of their NHS covid pass, either in printed form or a download on their mobile device.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That was what I thought as well, so the OP needs to know that he/she will need to have a copy of their NHS covid pass, either in printed form or a download on their mobile device.

Thanks, I thought that, but got carried away when the nice lady at the vaccination Centre gave me a sticker. Haven't had one of those before. I will wear it at Southampton in a couple of weeks. I bet I will not be the only one. We will do a test anyway. If they don't ask the question. I will show them the test strip and make them ask everybody.😉

4 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Is it because it is a longer cruise or is it going to Canada, USA or the Caribbean. 

Seemingly because it is a longer cruise, the US seem to be easing restrictions and the Caribbean still has at least one island that requires a test to enter but that is several weeks after we set out so I assume a further test would be required to go ashore.

17 hours ago, zap99 said:

We will do a test anyway. If they don't ask the question. I will show them the test strip and make them ask everybody.😉

However by the time you get to Southampton your test strip could be showing a positive result. The results can change after 30 minutes. Unless you are talking about a photo.  😁

11 minutes ago, emam said:

However by the time you get to Southampton your test strip could be showing a positive result. The results can change after 30 minutes. Unless you are talking about a photo.  😁

Thanks. Looks like plan B.🙂

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, emam said:

I kept one for three weeks just to see if that was true, it still read negative when I threw it in the bin.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I kept one for three weeks just to see if that was true, it still read negative when I threw it in the bin.

After 24 hours they change colour and fade away. We took a photo with the date of todays paper as we sail on Sunday.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zap99 said:

We had our second boosters yesterday. The details are showing on the app this morning. How super efficient is that.?👏

I have booster 6 booked as missed a text from my surgery for September as was on Aurora!

Edited by Jill85

41 minutes ago, Jill85 said:

I have booster 6 booked as missed a text from my surgery for September as was on Aurora!

We spotted on a news feed that we could book, so went on line and did it and got jabbed. That evening we got a text from or GP telling us we could book.!!

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2022 at 5:35 PM, yorkshirephil said:

To confuse matters even more your instructions are different from ours, as we are on a longer cruise these are our instructions; 

It is a requirement that you organise and pay for an observed or in-person COVID-19 lateral flow/antigen test for all guests aged five years and over to be taken in the two days before – or on the day of – departure from the UK. This test must be medically observed via a mobile device or conducted in person by a government-approved testing provider.

I can understand why they need to be wary on a longer cruise but once we start mixing with the natives we will be back to square one, plus most of the passengers will be retired and likely have had their autumn booster. 

Just to confirm: your cruise will be heading somewhere which still requires such measures. This applies to most cruises heading for the Caribbean this winter.

4 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Just off Iona and when checking in I wasn’t asked if I was vaccinated and they didn’t want to see any paperwork (or any other form of documentation) other than passports and boarding passes.

But your cruise wasn't going to the Caribbean! 

On 9/17/2022 at 1:33 PM, terrierjohn said:

That happened to me too. I did a test at my friend's house down south 2 days before setting off on Iona last month, and I flung the test strip in my backpack (not sure why I did that but I did). When I eventually unpacked after returning home from the cruise, the test strip was still in there, looking exactly the same as when I did the test.

1 minute ago, Valfan said:

That happened to me too. I did a test at my friend's house down south 2 days before setting off on Iona last month, and I flung the test strip in my backpack (not sure why I did that but I did). When I eventually unpacked after returning home from the cruise, the test strip was still in there, looking exactly the same as when I did the test.

Perhaps back to plan A.