Deck Blanket

Electra 7

When we were onboard we saw people on prom deck with Cunard deck blankets does anyone know if you purchase these blankets /hire them or borrow them

we are taking my 90 year old Mum onboard in November and thought they would be good for her incase weather was not so good

thanks for your replies

On 9/16/2022 at 8:27 AM, Electra 7 said:

When we were onboard we saw people on prom deck with Cunard deck blankets does anyone know if you purchase these blankets /hire them or borrow them

we are taking my 90 year old Mum onboard in November and thought they would be good for her incase weather was not so good

thanks for your replies

Our Stateroom attendant arranged for us.  They have to be signed out/in by them.  On the final evening they were collected by the Steward.

A few years ago, a pile of blankets used to be placed port and starboard on tables.  But this proved to be a popular “take home souvenir”, so this protocol was ended.

1 hour ago, Electra 7 said:

thanks for your replies that lets me know that they are still available I was not sure if the blankets would have been on the cut back list

I will now request one for Mum when we are onboard

We asked for 2 each.  1 x legs & 1 x shoulders - Just a thought 😉
The pattern is the Cunard Tartan😊

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Tartan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If you do ask for two each will there be enough for every passenger to at least get one.   I hope other passengers won’t have to do without if we ask for two each.

One has no idea as to the total number of blankets available,  therefore unable to comment.

11 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If you do ask for two each will there be enough for every passenger to at least get one.   I hope other passengers won’t have to do without if we ask for two each.

We will not be asking for 2 each I will be giving my Mum mine if it was so cold that I needed a blanket it would be to cold for Mum to sit outside

Princess in Alaska provided very nice tartan Shetland Wool blankets for our Mini Suite balcony back in 1998.

Several folk on the promenade deck asked where we got them from. 

So snobbery then was whether you had a blanket rather than whether you were travelling in grills! 😂

34 minutes ago, D&N said:

Princess in Alaska provided very nice tartan Shetland Wool blankets for our Mini Suite balcony back in 1998.

Several folk on the promenade deck asked where we got them from. 

So snobbery then was whether you had a blanket rather than whether you were travelling in grills! 😂

As far as I remember, we have always had rugs provided in the cabin. I hesitated to mention it, in case it was because we were in the Grills, as I didn’t want to seem insular. In fact, it looks as if it may have been. They weren’t always easy to find though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

As far as I remember, we have always had rugs provided in the cabin. I hesitated to mention it, in case it was because we were in the Grills,

On QM2 in a sheltered balcony stateroom, there were two deck blankets available in one of the cabinets.  

• Like 1

Yes they still have them currently on Queen Elizabeth and they also had them on Queen Victoria last month.

My elderly mother who is always cold loves them so much so I checked at the gift shop to be told I could but needed to go to the Purser's Office. There I went to be told I need to ask the Room Steward and he would provide the form for me to purchase one.

Turns out you can't buy them which is a real shame as these would be a real hot seller more so than bath robes! 

On a positive though they still have them to borrow onboard!