Diamond plus BOGO

lulabelle

In my experience, yes.  

Go to a specialty restaurant when you first board and discuss it with them.  Several times I've been able to use it only on Day Four, but they have to process the charge to your account on Day One or Day Two (because the coupon disappears from their system after that).  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lulabelle said:

We have 2 offers.   Sailing on the Oasis, can they be used on day 1 and 4? Thanks 

I think it depends on the mood of the restaurant manager.  I've been able to do later days (paying for it on day 1 or 2) and have also been told a resounding NO!

On all of my recent RCI cruises, I have been able to change my BOGO dinners to any night I wanted.  

That said, I understand the purpose behind the BOGO was to attract folks to specialty restaurants on nights that are typically slower, so I understand if some ships aren't allowing it.  

19 hours ago, brillohead said:

In my experience, yes.  

Go to a specialty restaurant when you first board and discuss it with them.  Several times I've been able to use it only on Day Four, but they have to process the charge to your account on Day One or Day Two (because the coupon disappears from their system after that).  

Why day four vs three or five?

Just now, GTO-Girl said:

I agree….the beef stroganoff is very bizarre….😳😳

It's more like a "beef stir fry" to me.... I'm used to stroganoff having a creamy sauce to it.  

But it's not just the stroganoff -- that night's whole menu just doesn't have anything that really calls to me.  I've also tried the lasagna and the mousaka and the pork chop (not a fan of tuna). 

So if I'm traveling with someone who wants to go to Chops, we'll go on that night and use my BOGO.  If I'm traveling alone, I get the steak off the "classics" in the MDR. 

282121892_10158746683331905_9069354912022272724_n.thumb.jpg.6e347e9a4c46dd83aa4de49871dfa4eb.jpg

20 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We’ve never been able to change from days 1 and 2

Certainly can on Anthem if you are sailing from Southampton and as said previously just have to pay for them on first day in our experience in May/June and August this year. In one instance they asked us to go to each restaurant we intended to go to and pay separately 🥴

Apologies for dumb questions.  Diamond+ but haven't cruised with RCCL since 2015.

We are joining Wonder OS on Oct 20 in Rome.  Wonder is doing the split itineraries, where some guests join the cruise Sunday from Barcelona and others join in Rome on Thursday.  So, our day 1 is actually day 5 for the Barcelona crowd.  We have friends joining in Barcelona and they don't do specialty dining and are not D+ so we want to use the BOGO on nights 1 & 2 at Wonderland and Central 150.  I am concerned that because it's night 5 for most of the people on the ship, by the time we board we won't get the times we need (to go around shore excursions).  Has anyone booked dining in advance and then "cancelled" these to receive obc and rebooked so you can use the coupon?  Or would they refund one of the prepaid cover charges?

Similarly, does anyone know how much the stream VOOM is for D+ onboard?  It's on "sale" now for $26.12 per night and I suspect if I only want the one device package it's better to wait until on board?

5 minutes ago, jsblbruce said:

It's on "sale" now for $26.12 per night and I suspect if I only want the one device package it's better to wait until on board?

Very unlikely for Voom to be cheaper onboard, but combined with your D+ perk, it will likely to become so.