Cleaning schedule

mfs2k

54 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Yes twice a day unless you OPT in to the Go Green program, then its once a day.  No difference in regular stateroom or suite

We’ve opted in to Go Green three times in the last year and didn’t notice any reduction in service, so we’ve been thrilled. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We’ve opted in to Go Green three times in the last year and didn’t notice any reduction in service, so we’ve been thrilled. 

I recently opted in for my TA in October, seems to make sense for me.

I will definitely opt in for that. On all of our cruises I speak with the attendant and let them know that a single cleaning a day is sufficient for us. Easier for them, and best for us as we many times hang out in the stateroom and prefer not to be disturbed. 

So the Go Green thing is a no-brainer for us...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Post Covid, are cabins still cleaned twice a day with turndown while at dinner?

Is there a difference whether you’re in a regular cabin vs a suite?

We went "green" in our suite aboard the Silhouette recently because A) we want to minimize our impact on various resources, such as energy, water, staffing, etc., but, also, B) because cleaning our cabins twice a day would feel intrusive to us. While we were typically out and about by mid-morning and didn't first return until mid to late evening, there were a few days when we'd drop in to deposit some stuff, change duds, kill an hour or two before heading out to something else, etc.

One perk of going green is that Celebrity grants Captain's Club members one additional day's points (based on your initially booked stateroom category) afterward.

cjr

• Like 2

I love turndown on cruises.

On a Caribbean cruise, we usually take showers after a day at the pool or the beach, before getting ready for dinner.  I’s nice to come back to a clean cabin and bathroom and have fresh towels for the morning. 
But no judgement from me if you choose to go green. You also help lower ship operating costs so maybe that’ll keep my next cruise a few dollars cheaper. Thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Yes twice a day unless you OPT in to the Go Green program, then its once a day.  No difference in regular stateroom or suite

Inaccurate, go green will still do twice a day, the way it was explained to me was go green turn down means they'll still organize and straighten up but won't be scrubbing anything or using chemical cleaners like they will in the mornings.  A common misconception is they won't replace old towels with new ones with Go Green, that is also inaccurate.  Hang your wet towels and they won't get replaced, leave them on the floor they'll be replaced, this is regardless of whether one is signed up for go green or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have experience to go green two different ways. If I don’t specify, they come in the morning to do the regular cleaning and then stop by in the evening for a quick turn down and pillow chocolates and to close the curtains.

Lately I have asked for them to do the cleaning in the evening. In those cases, they have not come during the daytime at all and only were in the room once a day while I was at dinner.

It’s nice to have a choice, and the evening cleaning works into my schedule better.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

A common misconception is they won't replace old towels with new ones with Go Green...

Yes, not only did our "green service" selection replace our once-used towels each day, but any new towels we might have used later that day were whisked away/replaced unless we hung them on a towel rod.

cjr

10 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Post Covid, are cabins still cleaned twice a day with turndown while at dinner?

Is there a difference whether you’re in a regular cabin vs a suite?

All cabins have 2x cleaning per day.    Once in the morning and then again in the evening with turn down service and a chocolate on your pillow.   I is the the same for all cabins.

• Like 1