Miami Port advice

Techno123

Joining Navigator in December so wondered whether I could ask some questions please?

We will take the bus from the hotel to Miami port (I know we will have to queue but that's OK 😁 we Brits are good at queuing 😜) so will our bags leave the hotel and then miraculously appear in our suite some hours later or do we have to offload them and check them in with Regent prior to boarding? I hear the Miami port staff can be a little difficult at times.
Post cruise our flight leaves at 17:30 - do Regent provide a tour of Miami or day hotel etc? (When we disembarked in Sweden we had a tour of Stockholm on the way to the airport)
many thanks

Edited by Techno123

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

For later flights Regent normally offers a complementary HO-HO bus tour, which includes luggage storage and airport transfer.

Where is the luggage stored?  Do we need to get back to that location from the HOHO by a certain time?  We have an evening flight home from Miami, so will not need to get to the airport until very late in the afternoon.

The last time we did the Ho-Ho bus option after a Regent cruise the procedure was:

- having recovered your luggage at the cruise terminal you are directed to a Ho-Ho bus rep

- you choose an airport transfer time & your luggage is marked accordingly. You are given a receipt

- bus operator loads luggage into the back of a closed truck and takes it from the cruise terminal to the bus terminal (Bayside Marketplace). This is where all Ho-Ho routes start/finish

- you board a Ho-Ho bus at the cruise terminal

- prior to your airport transfer (which leaves from the bus terminal) you recover your luggage from storage and give it to the airport transfer bus driver

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

‘Good question! I’m curious about that too. 

I have read on other threads that people have sent their bags on the bus then got an Uber to the port so they can check in before the bus 'crowds' arrive so I assume they didn't wait for their luggage to come off the bus but hoped someone might have a definitive answer 😁

4 hours ago, BBWC said:

Whenever we have used the Regent hotel, they put the luggage on a separate truck and sent it to the port. It was not on the passenger bus, and we didn’t see it until we got to the cabin.

Thank you BBWC - that was what I hoped would happen 😁

53 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I doubt very much if my bag is going to get lost between the port entrance and the ship.  Since I'm not travelling as much any more, I doubt if the tracker tags are worth it to me in particular.

We are travelling out of and into Heathrow though - the land of the (many) missing suitcases 😜

• Haha 1

A set of Apple Air Tags cost 4 for $99.  During Amazon Prime day they were on sale for $85.  There may be another Prime day in the fall.  I missed my chance to get them last time but we travel enough that  I’ll probably get them next time.  Air travel today is so crazy it’s good to be able to track your bags.  I’ve had friends who were able to tracks down their expensive golf clubs at Heathrow using the tags.

IMHO Apple AirTags are the way to go, seem to have the longest range and with billions of Apple users in the world likely will work anywhere except the most remote places. Recently used them for a trip with four flights a cruise and three hotel stays. Worked beautifully. The peace of mind of knowing where our luggage is far exceeds the minimal price. 

I paid £75 for mine (from Amazon). Because Heathrow is the airport we are going from /to I thought it a wise investment. Originally Regent had us flying from Manchester into Heathrow with a 1.5 hour layover time which included changing from terminal 5 to terminal 3 😱 very little chance that we or our cases would have made it onto the plane so now we are going the night before and rechecking our bags the following morning. On the way back it is similar but the same terminal but at the end of the holiday less stressful 😂

I will definitely put them in the suitcase though rather than in a tag/holder on the outside

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I was wondering the same thing.  The Apple Tags are expensive.  I've heard people talk about using Tiles.  Samsung has one too.

Wendy we bought the apple air tags. They were great. Told us exactly where our bags were. We had gone AF to London and after a few days there on to Dublin so passing through some difficult airports including Pearson. My European SIM didnt work but the airport wifi gave me their location. 

Hope you and David are doing well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emdee said:

Hope you and David are doing well.

Thanks Miriam--well enough that I think we'll pull the final-payment trigger this Friday on a Splendor cruise in January.  Just a simple Caribbean trip, but at least we'll be at sea after more than four years. Hope you and Colin are doing well too.

• Like 1