Bringing a heating pad onboard

horseymike

They are actually not allowed. YMMV on getting them onboard...

My bold.

Prohibited Items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We brought one when my DH had a injured neck.  We had to bring it in the original package and it had to have a automatic shut off at 2 hours.  The package was to verify that the device did in fact have the auto shut off.

Just to clarify we contacted Special Needs before sailing who  directed us to bring the original package.  DH was stopped when checking in and they called someone who checked the heating pad before they allowed it on board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We contacted Special Needs, who gave us clearance to bring one on board. We had it in a carry on, on Reflection in June and Beyond in July (Europe, this year). We weren’t stopped, just carried it on. 
Would recommend that the pad has a cut off timer and that you contact Special Needs, just in case.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:31 AM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Then why not simply go through special needs and do it properly.

I have emailed special needs several time in the past with questions and never got a reply.  I didn't realize I was supposed to let them know I was bringing a heating pad and NO ONE every said a word to me about it while boarding or using it onboard.  If you want to tell me what to do, why don't you address all the people who book an accessible cabin because they want the extra space and not because they need it?  I can't cruise without an accessible cabin.  Every time I have asked for one I have never been asked for proof that I need one. If Celebrity doesn't follow their "rules", why should I??