Vantage Deluxe World Travel - WARNING

HumbleTraveler

2 hours ago, MOssyLedge said:

I am so thankful to all of you for your 223 posts. I have  followed all of them with great interest and due to some setting in my profile, I have not been able to answer.   Cruise Critic, actually fixed that for me. 

• Interestingly, Vantage claimed that the problem was caused by construction digging in the street in front of their building.
  • Then they changed to a data breach - how interesting.   Which is true?
  • In fact, Vantage, answered me within 55 minutes this morning on their new email address saying that "yes.. they are still in business."  Kudos to them. 
  • I have a friend in Boston who is going to go to their office to see if they are still there and not working from a trailer at a remote site and still collecting money from folks who don't know that they will never see a refund.

My wife and I, like many of you had several trips unceremoniously canceled at the last minute.  They cancelled a 2022 trip (made in 2019) and rescheduled it for 2024.  I wanted to know if they had a life insurance policy on me because I don't know if I'll be alive then based on my health and age.   They said I should leave it in my will to a friend or relative or child.  Ha! Ha!

It's hard to take anything that Vantage says at face value when they have no integrity or moral compass.

We are scheduled on Ocean Odyssey for the Ports of Timeless Wonder  (Copenhagen to London) for July 15th to July 30th.   We made our own extension in London until August 3rd.

We are in Cabin 414 after they switched us around a  number of times.

Luckily for us we  have made our own business class airfare, roundtrip from Copenhagen to London on Virgin Atlantic from NYC using points and some money because Vantage took so long to confirm everything (that's why we had to add money as the fares went up).

Is anyone else scheduled for this voyage? 

Bev & Ira Nerenberg

In regards to the situation of construction, I did a little digging.  I found another business at 90 Canal Street and called them.  The building is actually a series of small offices/cubicles.  Many businesses just use this as a location to pick up mail.  According to the source I spoke to there was no construction outside the building.  So being an optimist, I am thinking post-COVID many businesses went to this model and people work from home or another location.  So perhaps there was construction and they at first thought that was the problem.  Then they discovered the security breach.  I remain hopeful.  We are on the Beauty of the British Isles leaving August 2 for the pre-trip extension to Edinburgh.  Anyone else going on that one?

To all out there, please let us know when you are ticketed on the airlines and receive documents on cruises that are sooner.

3 hours ago, Cobbie48 said:

My travel partner for our May 12 sailing on Douro has had her ticket issued. I have not. Just sent yet another email to govantage. Fingers crossed. 

I am now ticketed.  Phew. I can relax and start packing.  

We were supposed to be on the Douro Serenity, boarding on May 9, after spending 3 days in Lisbon. There is some internet news reported by CBS regarding Vantage getting hacked: If we get our plane tickets we will go.

My friend just called me from 90 Canal Street.   There is absolutely no construction/excavation work in and around the building. So that was just another inaccurate story by Vantage.   in fact, the concierge was streaming a movie on her computer which shows that there is NO internet breach.   The lobby folks wouldn't let my friend up because he doesn't have an appointment with Vantage.  So we don't know if they are there or somewhere else.   But we do know, that although there may be a data breach as per the news report above, we must remain vigilant because the truth will not always be obvious.   Good marketing always tells the truth because  once trust is lost, it takes years to regain.

I hope to see a bunch of you on the Odyssey in July. 

For those of you waiting for plane tickets here is a heads up. I am/was on the Douro River trip on May 5. Our flights are on Air France because we paid the extra $1500 for Premium Economy.  I was on the Air France website on Mon, 4/1. I entered my Conf#, and looked at my seating. During the process, I was instructed to proceed to the payment section to pay for my tickets. This was weird because Vantage was supposed to pay. So I called Air France, and was told that out tickets had not yet been paid for. I called vantage and was told by "Fotene", the Vantage Air Rep, not to worry because Vantage did not actually pay for the tickets until 2 weeks before the trip and they would do it in the next couple of days. So, on Fri, 4/21, I went to the Air France website, AND MY CONFIRMATION # WAS NO LONGER VALID. I called Air France and was told that VANTAGE HAD CANCELLED MY RESERVATION. I then called Vantage and ALL of their phone lines were dead and the website had a "502 BAD GATEWAY" error. I have been trying unsuccessfully to contact Vantage ever since. For some reason, today I went back to the Air France website and lo and behold, my Confirmation # was back and so was my Air Reservation. HOWEVER, MY ORIGINAL PREMIUM ECONOMY SEATS WERE GONE, AND WE HAVE NO SEAT ASSIGNMENTS. THERE WERE NO PREMIUM ECONOMY SEATS REMAINING! I again called Air France and this time was told that VANTAGE HAD STILL NOT PAID FOR THE TICKETS AND THAT IS WHY THE SEATS WERE REASSIGNED TO SOMEONE ELSE. So folks, those of you who think you have tickets, you better check your reservations with the airlines. The reservation is just a place holder until the tickets are paid for. GOOD LUCK

On social media there is a lot of chatter about land excursions being cancelled from passengers currently on Ocean Explorer.  If you are leaving on that ship today, please consider posting updates here about your experiences onboard.  Many of us are still in a quandary about our future trips.  We appreciate your help.  

Hi Donna and MikieF.  Would you comment on your current trip - I see the Odyssey is in Mykonos.  Have there been any issues with missed ports, lack of supplies, canceled excursions.  There are lots of rumors about non-payment by Vantage to vendors that are impacting their services for the two ships that are still operating.  Thanks.

I follow the progress of Ocean Odyssey almost every day own Cruise Mapper and see that it keeps moving.   I was really hoping that Vantage truly had a data breach and was only slightly going broke.  If social media says that land excursions are being canceled for non payment, I wonder if they have paid their docking charges and paid for the food that gets delivered almost daily to the ship.

Because they canceled my trip in August 2022, I did my own fabulous trip using my own airfare (somewhat modified) to spend 4 days each in Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen (all fabulous cities). As a result, I'm, doing my own tours in Oslo and Copenhagen when we start there or dock there.

I could just see us having an insurrection onboard if things go that sideways.  We'v ell paid a lot of money for these trips.

I wonder if the cruise director or anyone else will make mention and apologize for the conduct of Vantage. 

I echo Rare's comments above for Donna and Mike to let us know how they are doing and their impression of the actual cruise experience. 

Well everything is normal for us. Tour today no problem plenty of food and shore entertainment last nite and also suppose to tonite. Let’s hope we get our hotel in Athens but so far so good. 
will keep you posted

During our time on the Odyssey back in Feb 2023 we had an extra day at sea and a snorkeling excursion cancelled due to rough seas. The crew felt it was too dangerous for the passengers to try to get on and off the zodiacs. 

They have changed their story so many times.Too many lies.  They are just trying to buy time to get themselves in the best position they can. Wish there was an agency to police these kind of situations and help the customers recover their losses. 

Unfortunately, any travel insurance that you buy through Vantage will not pay you five cents for anything that you could not do as a result of Vantage's problems. I know that because I had that and I tried it. When I got this current trip going with them, I bought my own airfare and I booked my own travel insurance. My airfare is paid for and my travel insurance is better than theirs. Anybody's is better than theirs.  All their fine print says that you are screwed. 

Most insurance policies will not cover a loss due to the travel provider filing for bankruptcy or trip cancellation for similar financial issues. MossyLedge: would like to know if yours does and for future trips would you share which insurer you use. Thanks.

If you review the complaints on the BBB and other forums people have been waiting over two years to receive their money for trip cancellation with the Vantage travel insurance.  I just wish this company would tell the truth instead of all these stories  First their site was down due to construction which we uncovered was false then a data breach.  What is next?  I feel sorry for people that are departing soon on voyages with Vantage because you are not 100% sure that the trip will take place.  How can this company continue to get away with these fraudulent practices  Every week I continue to get marketing material from Vantage   Crazy 

4 minutes ago, LynnS08 said:

How can this company continue to get away with these fraudulent practices 

I'm not sure I'd call them fraudulent, but it's been well known for some time that dealing with Vantage pre-trip/office personnel has been difficult and, oftentimes, challenging.  Meanwhile, once on a Vantage trip, the employees are stellar.  

We had a tulips cruise booked for March 2020 - yeah like that happened...

I was on the phone when I heard the news when everything basically shut down then.  Before Vantage had even had their first meeting about what to do.

Long story, short version - our 2020 trip was moved to a land trip (Nov 2020), when then got moved to tulips cruse in 2021, that was postponed to 2022.  We finally did get the trip we had paid for.

Rare asked me to provide name of travel Insurance company.  I did tell them everything that I knew about Vantage "postponing" a trip which the Vantage policy (Allianz) will not cover. I said that I need a policy that will cover us in the event they "postpone" and not cancel.   They claim that this policy will do that. With any corporate situation, we will only know for sure if that happens and I get paid. If not, then I know it is not true. As I recall the Vantage travel insurance policy is $999 per person and this is considerably less for two people- $1544.   I hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 3.15.44 PM.png

The policy we purchased   through USAA does NOT cover bankruptcy or insolvency much to my surprise.  They do offer one at considerably more cost that would cover it.  Glad our 2 current policies are for trips on Viking not Vantage.  BUT I will be purchase differently going forward.  Sorry you all are dealing with this.!

Vantage Deluxe World Travel is listed as a covered supplier on the Allianz website, so their policies that include supplier default coverage would cover it.  I'm not sure which of their policies include that coverage, but the Journey Plan sold by TAs does.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOssyLedge said:

Rare asked me to provide name of travel Insurance company.  I did tell them everything that I knew about Vantage "postponing" a trip which the Vantage policy (Allianz) will not cover. I said that I need a policy that will cover us in the event they "postpone" and not cancel.   They claim that this policy will do that. With any corporate situation, we will only know for sure if that happens and I get paid. If not, then I know it is not true. As I recall the Vantage travel insurance policy is $999 per person and this is considerably less for two people- $1544.   I hope this helps.

(deleted picture)

You might want to rethink posting this on an open forum.  There's personal info there that can be useful to less scrupulous people.