Canada to drop Covid Restrictions by September 30th

loman

10 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

It’s official now effective October 1. No vaccine requirement to enter the country, no ArriveCan, no masking on planes and no test needed to board cruise ships.

Where did you confirm this? The Quantum concierge emailed me 2 days ago that the Covid negative test was still required to board the ship.

12 minutes ago, EdandMary said:

Where did you confirm this? The Quantum concierge emailed me 2 days ago that the Covid negative test was still required to board the ship.

Here is the link from the government of Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/09/government-of-canada-to-remove-covid-19-border-and-travel-measures-effective-october-1.html

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Yep, even for cruise ships:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

But RCCL hasn't updated their requirements yet.  I suspect later today they will change the website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

We are talking about Royal cruise lines here. they may update their website with the correct information by Sept. 27th, 2023.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Woody14 said:

What I'm wondering if "by sea" means by cruise.  They had different rules if by marine and if by cruise ship. My understanding was by marine meant ferry.  We'll see.  Planning on taking my emed tests with me to London for the TA. If I don't need them, great, but will be prepared. 

Ok.  It does look like Canada included cruise ships in the announcement. Still not sure what Royal will do.

Edited by njkruzer

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

What I'm wondering if "by sea" means by cruise.  They had different rules if by marine and if by cruise ship. My understanding was by marine meant ferry.  We'll see.  Planning on taking my emed tests with me to London for the TA. If I don't need them, great, but will be prepared. 

the news release does say.

Cruise measures are also being lifted, and travellers will no longer be required to have pre-board tests, be vaccinated, or use ArriveCAN. A set of guidelines will remain to protect passengers and crew, which will align with the approach used in the United States.

So I would think that cruise lines will have one set of rules for North America.  Europe will still vary I am sure.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 9:07 AM, EleventyBangBang said:

We went to Victoria in May, the ship told us to have our ArriveCan apps out, and then when we actually got off the ship, nobody even looked at them, we just walked straight into town.

Same for us.

Actually this time around even test printout wasn't really inspected.

8 hours ago, rudeney said:

But RCCL hasn't updated their requirements yet.  I suspect later today they will change the website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

They're still working on the debacle from a couple of days ago.  I still can't see or print my "Set Sail Pass/Boarding Pass" for my cruise in 35 days.  But, my case is at the "Resolutions Desk".  You don't know how much of a warm fuzzy that gives me.  

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1

Just returned (yesterday) from our RCI Alaska cruise out/in Vancouver. We stressed so much about the ArriveCan and it ended up being nothing. No one starting from our Air Canada flight to YVR from LAX to boarding Serenade and then flying back to LAX from YVR even asked to see our QR code and boarding the ship they seemed to pay no attention to our hard copy of our negative covid test.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Ok.  It does look like Canada included cruise ships in the announcement. Still not sure what Royal will do.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canada-remove-all-covid-border-travel-measures-oct-1-2022-09-26/

A requirement for travelers to wear masks on planes and trains would also be dropped. Cruise ship passengers and crew would also no longer be subject to vaccine requirements or COVID testing.

On 9/21/2022 at 11:53 AM, Tree_skier said:

You can enter the US by land without proof of vaccine.  It is only if you are flying into the country that is it required.

[nothing personal] Yes, because Covid only travels by airplane and not by car 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, rudeney said:

Really wish royal  would  get with the program  and update.  It would mean one less thing to deal  with  at the moment.   I'm sitting here  in  Florida  waiting  for the visit from Ian 

32 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I'm wondering...leaving on Thursday on the Adventure for New England and Canada.  We don't get to Canada until October 4th...will we still have to have a negative Covid test since the cruise leaves before the October 1st date?

Most likely yes, as the regulations expire 30 September.

3 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I'm wondering...leaving on Thursday on the Adventure for New England and Canada.  We don't get to Canada until October 4th...will we still have to have a negative Covid test since the cruise leaves before the October 1st date?

I just received a notification for on of my clients on Princess for the sane situation.  

Because the cruise departs prior to Oct 1 all the current testing and vaccination policies apply even though you get to Canada after Oct 1.

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just received a notification for on of my clients on Princess for the sane situation.  

Because the cruise departs prior to Oct 1 all the current testing and vaccination policies apply even though you get to Canada after Oct 1.

The only issue I have with that is ArriveCAN doesn't really have to be completed before you board - only before you arrive in Canada.  I know it states you are supposed to complete it before boarding, but there are many people who haven't, and RCCL contacts them the night before porting in Canada to complete it.  So, if you are on the ship October 1st or later and didn't complete ArriveCAN, are they going to require you to do it since Canada says it's no longer required?  That was not a rhetorical question, but just sort of "food for thought".  Canada's travel website and the ArriveCAN app itself are very "ambiguous".  ArriveCAN will clearly tell you no testing is needed, when it is.  And the website says "no testing for arrival by sea" but that doesn't count cruise ships - you have to find the not so obvious link specific to cruise ships.  Canada's handling of this has been ridiculous.  

• Like 1