Canada to drop Covid Restrictions by September 30th

loman

37 minutes ago, loman said:

Sorry , the article wont open , but it says planned but not yet finalized .

Sounds like a done deal , but google in a week to confirm

Looks like it's coming down to the wire for my September 29th cruise to NE/Canada....

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are boarding Quantum in Vancouver on Oct. 3rd to Hawaii. Sounds like we may not need Arrivecan or Covid test to board, that would be nice. 

8 minutes ago, paradise4me said:

Me too, sailing Ovation on sept 30

Ok and we're boarding Anthem in Southampton with a stop in Halifax mid October.   I'm thinking pre cruise testing might continue for these longer cruises.   Will have to wait and see. 

2 hours ago, EleventyBangBang said:

We went to Victoria in May, the ship told us to have our ArriveCan apps out, and then when we actually got off the ship, nobody even looked at them, we just walked straight into town.

That seems to be the norm.  I believe they have it all tied in with the ship's manifest, so they know it's all completed and there's no need for anyone to verify it on the app. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Leaving the USA as the only western country in the world with a vaccine requirement to visit the country.

You can enter the US by land without proof of vaccine.  It is only if you are flying into the country that is it required.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Joyful Joyful said:

We are with you on that cruise..... I am hoping to get clarification sooner than later!  

I talked to my TA about an hour ago.  She's making our Covid test appts for Tuesday;  we cruise next Thursday🤞

3 minutes ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

It says nothing about changing the covid testing requirements..so don't get your hopes up. ArriveCAN is not a big deal. 

No final decision.  I also read that the purpose of the change is baseball playoffs.  Currently unvaccinated players from outside can't play in Canada.   Cruise passengers may not be on their radar.

• Like 2