The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 22nd, 2022

richwmn

Autumn Equinox - Fall Begins!

Today is Hobbit Day, Business Women’s Day, and Elephant Appreciation Day

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Meal Suggestion for today - Sopaipillas
Drink of the Day - Rye Opener
Wine of the Day - Ca' dei Zago 2020 Rifermentato in Bottiglia (Vald
Destination of the Day - Anchorage, Alaska, US

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 13:30 - 21:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Quebec City, Canada eta 09/24

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 09:00 - 22:00

Oosterdam

Giardini-Naxos, Taormina, Sicily Italy 08:00 - 23:00

Rotterdam

Stavanger, Norway 08:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Relocate to Triest

Westerdam

Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm & Juneau, Alaska eta 09/23

0922Alaska.thumb.png.71cf87d3e798ddd6f3f15db3ed5b3268.png

0922Atlantic.thumb.png.7536e62a43e5ecbfaa2856e01833df30.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Welcome autumn!   Happy Hobbit Day!

I appreciate elephants, wish I could see them in the wild (maybe someday).  I celebrate the accomplishments of business women.

Interesting quote.

I'm not sure about the meal suggestion, I'll wait until I see the recipe.

I'm sure the drink will be good.   Hope the wine is tasty.

Grey day here today.  Cool and rainy.  I guess summer is over.

Prayers for our world.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Good morning.

It is raining at the moment here in North East England.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Excellent quote.

Elephant 🐘 appreciation is very important as their numbers dwindle.

Good luck to all our business woman.

I don't know what today's food or drink is.

Never been to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone's day is a happy one.

Graham.

16638438065667836593480006310778.jpg

• Like 22

Thank you for the Thursday report, Rich.  I think at least in the Eastern time zone it's still summer as fall arrives a couple hours after sunset.  Not into Hobbits, very appreciative of Elephants, and salute Business Women, especially those who juggle their jobs and parenthood. Anchorage is a very interesting  city.  Another great quote by Rowling.  No idea what the meal is.  My alternative is Empire Builder kids M&C(Lunch) and Steak(Dinner), as served September 22, 2017 on the way to Seattle to meet the Oosterdam and Amsterdam

dishes0922.jpg

Today’s care list:

Dfish moving troubles with both inspector and Midland seller
1Angelcat medical insurance problems
MissG father and father in law
Western wildfires and those in Fiona’s path
Emergency workers, including Maryland Urban Search and Rescue
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and in denial
Seriousness of Cruzin Terri’s leak damage
HAL Sailer Sister in law feeling too week to meet her brother
From the rotation:
LocoLoco1 recovering from back surgery
Strength for luvteaching’s friend Karen after Wayne’s 9/3 death
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam in Italian waters
3 days for fatcat04 (Nieuw Amsterdam 9/24 to 10/2)
Better report on Hal Sailer DSIL
Welcome home aliaschief
Rowsby in Hawaii until 9/28
Marshhawk (Ecstasy to 9/22), norseh20 (Regata  to 9/25),  Oceansaway17 (Adventure OTS to 9/25), Vict0riann (Nieuw Amsterdam  to 9/25), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10), and  Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

Thank you Rich & Roy for the Report, Daily & lists! It has been such a tough week for so many of my fellow Dailyites. I hope once Fall begins later today, things will improve for everyone. 

I have an early mani-pedi today. Boy do my fingernails need it. After the first week of the trip they started to chip & by the end of the trip they looked horrible. But I did not want to waste a moment of the trip having them done, so I lived with them. 

I need to start making my Fall “To Do” list and then prioritize it. My niece may come down for Thanksgiving with her two girls. That should be fun. We haven’t seen them since February 2020. 

We used Uber a great deal at the end of our trip. Clearly the concept has caught on…

67EE646E-0DBE-4510-B544-A858D1C2791D.jpeg.aed7f50561d043b8addc294d15c1e2a9.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Ca' dei Zago 2020 Rifermentato in Bottiglia 

Well this Prosecco is a bit elusive, but it sounds lovely. Wine Enthusiast gave it 94 points, and I found one overseas distributor in Great Britain offering it for $26.99.

Refermented in bottle, this bone-dry, lightly sparkling wine offers enticing scents of citrus, spice and bread dough. One of the very best of the col fondo, or metodo ancestrale versions, the wine has a savory, racy palate that delivers lime, orange zest, fennel seed and ginger before a tangy mineral close suggesting oyster shell. Vibrant acidity gives it intriguing tension and energy. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone and happy Fall beginning at 9:04pm this evening, my favorite season.  Cheers to Hobbits, women business folk and elephants.  I like the quote today.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion and drink.  Prayers to all in need of them.  Happy ________ to those of you celebrating today!

Who else would you expect to meet at the Anchorage airport?

12D3B9F1-D3F9-48C5-AF2C-F32534A1591B.thumb.jpeg.589fd4918d5a63ff0d2809f5ace16eab.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 15

Good morning, everyone!

It is a new day and better things will happen.  At least, I hope so!!  Today the windows with leaky seals get replaced as they were under warranty.  There's the first good thing. The other good thing is that my realtor got a text from the buyer's realtor saying the inspection went well, except for the faucet.  Actually, the faucet is an easy and relatively inexpensive repair.  

Today's meal can be sweet or savory.  I guess it depends on what you feel like having - dinner or dessert.  

A sopaipilla, sopapilla, sopaipa, or cachanga is a kind of fried pastry and a type of quick bread served in several regions with Spanish heritage in the Americas. The word sopaipilla is the diminutive of sopaipa, a word that entered Spanish from the Mozarabic language of Al-Andalus. The original Mozarabic word Xopaipa was used to mean bread soaked in oil. The word is derived in turn from the Germanic word suppa, which meant bread soaked in liquid.

A sopaipilla is traditionally made from leavened wheat dough (or a mixture of wheat flour and masa harina) to which some shortening such as butter is added. After being allowed to rise, the dough is rolled into a sheet that is then cut into circular, square or triangular shapes, 8–10 cm in size for the longest dimension (if intended for a dessert) or 15–20 cm (if intended to be stuffed for a main course). These pieces are then deep-fried in oil, sometimes after being allowed to rise further before frying: the frying causes them to puff up, ideally forming a hollow pocket in the center.

Here is your basic sopaipilla recipe.  You can sprinkle confectioner's sugar on them or honey for a dessert.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sopaipillas/

242860428_sopaipilla1.jpg.13a99c1cbdf62e74620654eb632327dd.jpg

The sopaipillas above are like the ones found in the southwest US, especially in New Mexico.  South American sopaipillas are a little different as seen in this next recipe:  https://www.chileanfoodandgarden.com/chilean-sopaipillas/

1917997568_sopaipilla2.jpg.7238f398098832f9c94e54ccb8be2284.jpg

In this next selection we see a more savory use of sopaipillas.  https://www.curiouscuisiniere.com/chilean-sopaipillas-with-pebre/

1043092253_sopaipilla3.jpg.8da6b4dcdd2d6826016bf70da970c7ab.jpg

If you are looking for a sugar overload, this recipe might be the one you want.  Chancaca can be found on Amazon.   https://www.midiariodecocina.com/sopaipillas-pasadas/

1485548242_sopaipilla4.thumb.jpg.18c92c48a406d7ea1e2b4b4f46087c33.jpg

Here is an example of a stuffed sopaipilla.  https://www.newmexicanfoodie.com/stuffed-sopapillas-filled-with-carne-adovada/

235385415_sopaipilla6.jpg.9c199ed880ab2d01c0a6096091c27157.jpg

Just got word that we have definitely lost the house in Midland.  Back to the drawing board.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 22

Good morning all. Regardless of the actual hour fall begins, we celebrated the end of summer last night with our Wednesday wise women group. The pool next door was a toasty 95f thanks to the heater and much fun was had by all. Pool remains open but will not be heated next week so only the brave will swim. Last year, after we moved inside, we actually had to cancel most of the winter meetings as either someone in the group had Covid or were isolating because they had been exposed to Covid. We are hoping for a better winter.

continuing my cleaning spree today in the living/dining room. Much cooler this morning, too, so less sweating.

wishing everyone a great day and prayers for those needing them

• Like 24

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days - having been a business woman, I always celebrate all business women every day 👍 Elephants are such amazing creatures and worthy of appreciation.

The quote is so true and the Prosecco sounds lovely.  Looking forward to finding out about today’s meal.

Ugh - it’s Fall and it sure feels like it - rainy, windy and just plain miserable 😔 oh well, it will get worse before it gets better 😉 

CA94D052-E443-4357-9609-D8FCCDCCB5E7.thumb.jpeg.70ec068d7b5c749f8de5e3aaae49c274.jpeg

Well, I was pretty sore after I was done yesterday.

I got the empty planters put away, the wall decor down (and found a hornet’s nest 😱), the plant stands all put away, big planters that hold water turned on their side to drain, not get more water, etc.  Then, I came in to take a break and ponder if I really had to do more.  turned on the weather station and it showed Fiona’s track coming straight for us 😬 

that did it - I headed out front and cleaned anything moveable from the porch, came back to the deck, tucked every smaller planter that still had plants under the benches of the deck & tackled the chairs.  Got all of them in the shed, peony supports and wheelbarrows.  Got the garage re-arranged enough to get the SUV in and at 5 pm - it was definitely wine o’clock 😂 

82FD1DDF-ADEE-4CED-9AA9-C4D3E6270864.gif.db778f64a93f7fa8fcf4dccafc325917.gif

Now the cone of uncertainty seems to have narrowed for Fiona and it looks like it will hit Nova Scotia but the wind span of this storm is huge and of course, there is a 700 km range of change.  Certainty of the storm is not known because there is some trough and depending on where it is will draw Fiona, so they say.  In any case, huge warnings - with the statement “you can’t be over prepared”.  I probably am 😉 

Out to get a couple of things “in case” and then I will just hunker down and stay in the house and do some work for my cruise.

A7761058-4C2D-495C-A7F6-0E04C9C5E2A4.thumb.jpeg.c2f5c7cd89834ce8080563d5d1141b1e.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and  a🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!

511C2F78-FC00-4230-9477-610768FC4D4D.jpeg.2b319555de2c2c3481d773da3b22c079.jpeg

Stay safe whether you are out and need a 😷 or in the storm’s path.

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Thursday report, Rich.  I think at least in the Eastern time zone it's still summer as fall arrives a couple hours after sunset.  Not into Hobbits, very appreciative of Elephants, and salute Business Women, especially those who juggle their jobs and parenthood. Anchorage is a very interesting  city.  Another great quote by Rowling.  No idea what the meal is.  My alternative is Empire Builder kids M&C(Lunch) and Steak(Dinner), as served September 22, 2017 on the way to Seattle to meet the Oosterdam and Amsterdam

dishes0922.jpg

Today’s care list:

Dfish moving troubles with both inspector and Midland seller
1Angelcat medical insurance problems
MissG father and father in law
Western wildfires and those in Fiona’s path
Emergency workers, including Maryland Urban Search and Rescue
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and in denial
Seriousness of Cruzin Terri’s leak damage
HAL Sailer Sister in law feeling too week to meet her brother
From the rotation:
LocoLoco1 recovering from back surgery
Strength for luvteaching’s friend Karen after Wayne’s 9/3 death
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam in Italian waters
3 days for fatcat04 (Nieuw Amsterdam 9/24 to 10/2)
Better report on Hal Sailer DSIL
Welcome home aliaschief
Rowsby in Hawaii until 9/28
Marshhawk (Ecstasy to 9/22), norseh20 (Regata  to 9/25),  Oceansaway17 (Adventure OTS to 9/25), Vict0riann (Nieuw Amsterdam  to 9/25), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10), and  Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is a new day and better things will happen.  At least, I hope so!!  Today the windows with leaky seals get replaced as they were under warranty.  There's the first good thing. The other good thing is that my realtor got a text from the buyer's realtor saying the inspection went well, except for the faucet.  Actually, the faucet is an easy and relatively inexpensive repair.  

Today's meal can be sweet or savory.  I guess it depends on what you feel like having - dinner or dessert.  

A sopaipilla, sopapilla, sopaipa, or cachanga is a kind of fried pastry and a type of quick bread served in several regions with Spanish heritage in the Americas. The word sopaipilla is the diminutive of sopaipa, a word that entered Spanish from the Mozarabic language of Al-Andalus. The original Mozarabic word Xopaipa was used to mean bread soaked in oil. The word is derived in turn from the Germanic word suppa, which meant bread soaked in liquid.

A sopaipilla is traditionally made from leavened wheat dough (or a mixture of wheat flour and masa harina) to which some shortening such as butter is added. After being allowed to rise, the dough is rolled into a sheet that is then cut into circular, square or triangular shapes, 8–10 cm in size for the longest dimension (if intended for a dessert) or 15–20 cm (if intended to be stuffed for a main course). These pieces are then deep-fried in oil, sometimes after being allowed to rise further before frying: the frying causes them to puff up, ideally forming a hollow pocket in the center.

Here is your basic sopaipilla recipe.  You can sprinkle confectioner's sugar on them or honey for a dessert.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sopaipillas/

242860428_sopaipilla1.jpg.13a99c1cbdf62e74620654eb632327dd.jpg

The sopaipillas above are like the ones found in the southwest US, especially in New Mexico.  South American sopaipillas are a little different as seen in this next recipe:  https://www.chileanfoodandgarden.com/chilean-sopaipillas/

1917997568_sopaipilla2.jpg.7238f398098832f9c94e54ccb8be2284.jpg

In this next selection we see a more savory use of sopaipillas.  https://www.curiouscuisiniere.com/chilean-sopaipillas-with-pebre/

1043092253_sopaipilla3.jpg.8da6b4dcdd2d6826016bf70da970c7ab.jpg

If you are looking for a sugar overload, this recipe might be the one you want.  Chancaca can be found on Amazon.   https://www.midiariodecocina.com/sopaipillas-pasadas/

1485548242_sopaipilla4.thumb.jpg.18c92c48a406d7ea1e2b4b4f46087c33.jpg

Here is an example of a stuffed sopaipilla.  https://www.newmexicanfoodie.com/stuffed-sopapillas-filled-with-carne-adovada/

235385415_sopaipilla6.jpg.9c199ed880ab2d01c0a6096091c27157.jpg

Just got word that we have definitely lost the house in Midland.  Back to the drawing board.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

That is a real shame! Fingers crossed that your new search yields better results

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@grapau27 I noticed in your first photo today you have a manual transmission.  That's almost impossible to get in the US.  Is that the standard in the UK?

Roy

Yes.

Most new cars are manual.

I fancied an automatic after always driving automatic cars when on holiday in  Florida but there was a 6 month waiting list when I bought this new car in June.

We saw our car in the showroom with no miles on the clock and they agreed to sell it to us.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all,

Just checking in before we make our daily trek to our house to see what new surprises await us.

We did get a preliminary contract from the Contractor last night with a request for a small deposit. This is so he can negotiate with the insurance company on our behalf to get more money from them ads he feels that the estimate from the adjuster is inaccurate. Since we are going to be away the first two weeks in October, he would be able to communicate with the insurance company.  

Last night, for the first time in a long time, I slept through the night.  I finally feel somewhat rested. However, my hip is still hurting as a result of the tumble I took last week.  

Thank you, Rich, for the Daily and the Fleet Report.  I welcome the first day of Autumn. The days are interesting, especially International Business Womens Day.  I salute all that women have been able to achieve in the Buesiness World.

I will take a pass on the food and beverage offerings today.

I have been to Alaska but not to Anchorage.

Prayers for all that are suffering and are in need of our prayers.  

Cheers to those celebrating.

Thank you all for all your support and prayers as we go through this time of exile from our home.  Every day when I get there, the tears just well up as I look at the devastation that the water damage has caused.  I am grateful that we have a place to stay and the resources to get the damage repaired and hopefully, one day soon, have our home back.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 29

Good morning friends!  It's about 65F and will warm up to 92.  Pretty warm for Autumn!  Happy Hobbit day!  Cheers to elephants and business women.  The quote is a good one, and the sopaipillas look delicious.  Anchorage is a new port of the day for us so everyone get out your photos to share.

Thanking Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily and Fleet Report.  Watching for the Volendam to embark her passengers and begin her first cruise since the shutdown.  Thanks also to Roy @rafinmdfor updating the lists for us.  So many changes occurring among the ranks.  First, Debbie @dfishwhat a stinker that seller was holding back on signing your offer so he could get another offer.  I am hoping the right home for you and DS is going on the market this weekend.  I suppose you will have to make another house hunting trip up there to find it, but I know you will be glad it all worked out this way.  Jacqui @kazuWOW, that is a lot of work you got accomplished!  And getting the garage re-situated so you can get the SUV in is huge!  So many of my neighbors load their garage with junk, boxes, and things they could hang on the walls or put up in the attic above the garage.  Then they leave their cars parked in the driveway all year long.  One of my pet peeves!  Cheers to all our friends going on cruises and enjoying good things like family visits.  Prayers for all on the Care list, plus Ukraine, and my neighbor Linda.  Hope Fiona doesn't hit anyone!

DS is halfway between Amsterdam and Detroit right now on his way home from Milan.  He enjoyed the conference and got to see some nice sights while there.  One is Sforza Castle and the other is the Duomo.   00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0_hPIuLS_tOzSVHWpvf2maAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1663848539

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIUwZldKgEerdc0eSQFi1aiqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1663848539

Anyone been to Milan before?  I wouldn't mind going, at all!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Love today’s meal choice. Been a desert at many Mexican restaurants. Last night’s meat loaf dinner was so go and for lunch a meat loaf sandwich! C’mon noon time!

My favorite business women retired in May and I have to say she is adapting to retired living quite well.

We have a few more days to decide if we need to prepare the deck and yard  for possible high winds.

Over the years we have usually cruised around October and many were repositioning cruises. Always raises concerns about being away during hurricane season but so far we have been lucky.

Definitely know we are headed into autumn as the large oak tree outside is starting to drop acorns and the long leaf pines are  shedding their needles and providing fresh pine straw for our plant beds.

Roy I have been home four days now so not celebrating and I’m back in the everyday routine

Spent several nights in Anchorage over my military days as aircrew we would crew rest at Elmendorf AFB before flying on to Japan or Vietnam.

Thanks Rich, Roy and to all our CC friends.

Have a great day.

Bruce

• Like 25

Good Morning from a sunny and warm day at the beach

I would love to see elephants in the wild, maybe someday. Always salute women in business. We are planning a trip to Hobbit town in New Zealand while we are there.

@kazu  I feel for you preparing for the hurricane. It is a lot of work and then the clean up after.. Hopefully it will miss you and impact will be minimal. Always best to prepare.

I am now trying to arrange for Covid testing for our trip. I was going to go with On Point but it looks like they may be having some issues. Will try Test and Trace later.  It is such a nuisance. Not complaining, I am very grateful that I even have this opportunity to travel. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 24

I forgot to mention special prayers for those in the path of Hurricane Fiona.  That includes @kazuI hope you do not sustain any damage.

Prayers for the people of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic as they start their clean up from the devastation they have suffered.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 21

Anchorage, Alaska is a large city, Alaska-wise.  The city and metro area have a population of about 288,000.  Our first time there was when we flew in to board our first cruise ship (Star Princess) in Seward in 2002.  We did a southbound 7 day cruise ending in Vancouver and enjoyed it immensely.  To get to Seward we boarded the train and enjoyed all the beautiful scenery along the way.  Our DS and DDIL accompanied us on that cruise.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJTi4ikQnbYzdv2hmg7CLzQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1346950826

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIe5cQA0EgaDQoyUTh1DcND?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1346950842

Glacier water with that grey tinge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJS4m5-0ADNo4iF-1MFdgng?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1346950867

Then in 2010 we cruised on Diamond Princess from Bangkok to Anchorage.  We docked in Whittier and took a bus to Anchorage where our flight home left in the late evening.  The bus dropped everyone off at the Convention Center downtown.  We spent the day walking around Anchorage, then took another bus to the airport for our flight to St. Louis.  Here is a picture taken upon arrival in Whittier.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJY_LCb4xovP0hX--QNyzY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616011386

Approaching the tunnel on our bus ride.  The only way to get to the big city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWNv9uNfjvm3fRxqZCHoGJaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616011403

The view along the way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwfcsrLwEjlKGyQN-rDpqbVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616011437

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLhudvW7IT4o-6ji38JcRp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568232160

We enjoyed our walk around town, and joined some people we had met on the ship for a light lunch.  Here is the inside of the Convention Center where we claimed our luggage and got on the bus to the airport.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4jmmQOtMwsRsJtxRticdErnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616011565

In 2019 we boarded ms Amsterdam for our 14 day Alaska cruise roundtrip Seattle.  In Anchorage we took a shuttle bus to the downtown area from our docking spot.  I'm sure this mural took a long time to paint.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK87LLLcSR1eiAb0nEz_u7T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568232103

They plant lots of flowers to enjoy in the warmer months of the year.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJXaxQ_PnuWrKUIRC6hWuX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568225859

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlUO1xSlqFkR7lfd3EzumO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568225872

Another beautiful mural00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqil4SJkKYzieEc66SVKpx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568225880

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJi7VHdQEKxwuAubq8xxO9q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568232118

While shopping we saw many interesting displays just like in Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuYieNUWWvWu0V-gHG60Hf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568232147

In 2010 we had seen a moose running loose in the Anchorage outskirts.  On this day in 2019 the above moose is the only one we saw.

Back to the Convention Center to go to the airport.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRcdUiOEK6Iz2J3oYL6Wsj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568225899

The Holland America bus was beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7akAEchsH8gvaDawcamrq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1568225902

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Rye Opener cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Alberta® Rye Dark Batch™ Whisky
1/4 part Amaro Liqueur
1/4 part Kamora® Coffee Liqueur
1/8 part Simple Syrup
2 dashes Orange Bitters
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
1 flamed Orange Peel

Instructions
Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice. Stir and strain either “up” or over one large cube. Garnish with flamed orange oils and orange peel.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 8.52.30 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7