MedallionClass App Captain Circle Status problem?

phabric

I am Elite.  My profile shows Elite.  MedallionClass app shows blue - new passenger.  When I try to purchase MedallionNet it shows the full price not the Elite 50% discount. I have logged out and uninstalled and reinstalled many times.  I called Princess and talked to an phone agent for 1 1/2 hours trying to fix the problem.  I was transferred to MedallionClass Dept another (1 hour).   She applied Net at full price and was told an OBC refund would be applied once onboard and she would call me back in 2 days.  No call back. Did Live Chat (1/2 hour), no help again I was told to purchase and get refund on the ship.  Called again (1 hour)  this time to MedallionClass app Dept. He could see I am Elite.  He said don’t purchase Net yet and he  would put in a request to change to Elite and will call back in 48 hours.  No call back.  Because the app shows blue, no phone agent can purchase the Net at Elite price until it is fixed.  I have spend over 4 hours trying to fix this easy problem.

Any idea what to do?

29 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am Elite.  My profile shows Elite.  MedallionClass app shows blue - new passenger.  When I try to purchase MedallionNet it shows the full price not the Elite 50% discount. I have logged out and uninstalled and reinstalled many times.  I called Princess and talked to an phone agent for 1 1/2 hours trying to fix the problem.  I was transferred to MedallionClass Dept another (1 hour).   She applied Net at full price and was told an OBC refund would be applied once onboard and she would call me back in 2 days.  No call back. Did Live Chat (1/2 hour), no help again I was told to purchase and get refund on the ship.  Called again (1 hour)  this time to MedallionClass app Dept. He could see I am Elite.  He said don’t purchase Net yet and he  would put in a request to change to Elite and will call back in 48 hours.  No call back.  Because the app shows blue, no phone agent can purchase the Net at Elite price until it is fixed.  I have spend over 4 hours trying to fix this easy problem.

Any idea what to do?

Medallion App team should be able to fix this.  It has happened to others as well.

As long as your account information is correct on the website, they should be able to sell you the 50% discount.

Are you traveling soon?  

I would also send a message to the team and tell them what you’ve gone through and still no fix.  Ask for help.

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Subject field:  Help! Elite status App Error

Name

Booking number

Sailing:  date and ship

Explain the issue

Let us know the outcome.

7 hours ago, phabric said:

Any idea what to do?

It's pretty annoying that the discount isn't working in the app anymore. I was able to purchase through the app at the discounted price for our last cruise, but I'm not seeing that now either. I plan to hold off, since we're still some months out from the next cruise. I hope you can get yours sorted out. 

• Like 1

DH had a similar problem that was caused by having two Captains Circle accounts.   He had issues logging into his original account, was  asked for additional info and the system created a second account.  
Our CVP was able to combine the two accounts and returned to his original status.

8 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Stop using the APP and stop the frustration. You can do the input online in the web version and save all the aggravation.

Unfortunately, can’t buy the MedallionNet on the website version of the App.  So, it has to be corrected to buy at the discount on the MedallionClass App or call PCL or TA/CVP and tell them you want to buy the discount rate. Then it will show up in the Travel summary.

Or, in this case of the OP, get the Medallion App team to fix the account.

29 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

DH had a similar problem that was caused by having two Captains Circle accounts.   He had issues logging into his original account, was  asked for additional info and the system created a second account.  
Our CVP was able to combine the two accounts and returned to his original status.

There is no second account in my name, the agent checked

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Stop using the APP and stop the frustration. You can do the input online in the web version and save all the aggravation.

You can not purchase WiFi (Net) on the Princess website, it has to be done on the App.

• Like 1

I sail next week and the medallion app still shows wifi at full price.

The website shows this:

Unlimited and Affordable Internet

Choose from one-device or four-device packages, starting at just $9.99 USD when you purchase pre-cruise through the MedallionClass app. Platinum and Elite guests get an exclusive discount of 50% off.*

*Discount will be applied on board in the form of an onboard credit.

I hope it’s refundable. I’m skipping buying the wifi this trip and will hotspot my phone. Unless I can buy it at the elite $5 daily price on board but don’t have much hope they’ll do that.

Edited by cdngrl

On 9/22/2022 at 10:26 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Medallion App team should be able to fix this.  It has happened to others as well.

As long as your account information is correct on the website, they should be able to sell you the 50% discount.

16 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

or call PCL or TA/CVP and tell them you want to buy the discount rate. Then it will show up in the Travel summary

They cannot - or won't - sell MedallionNet over the phone at 50%.  They charge full and then get 50% OBC.  I don't know why, but they ought to have this workaround available for those who are "stuck".  At least the OBC is Refundable.

14 hours ago, cdngrl said:

The website shows this:

Choose from one-device or four-device packages, starting at just $9.99 USD when you purchase pre-cruise through the MedallionClass app. Platinum and Elite guests get an exclusive discount of 50% off.*

I hope it’s refundable. I’m skipping buying the wifi this trip and will hotspot my phone. Unless I can buy it at the elite $5 daily price on board but don’t have much hope they’ll do that.

It is Refundable OBC.  

How do you propose to hotspot your phone?  Paying for cell service on the ocean is hugely expensive.  No longer can you buy internet at 50% off on board.  They used to offer it on DAY 1 due to it not being in the App, etc, but I would not count on getting that from the Internet Mgr.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They cannot - or won't - sell MedallionNet over the phone at 50%.  They charge full and then get 50% OBC.  I don't know why, but they ought to have this workaround available for those who are "stuck".  At least the OBC is Refundable.

They did for me, but that was a few months ago, when we had the same issue.

Since it was supposedly fixed, we are now hearing of more problems. But, this one is different.  This issue is the App not showing the correct Captain Circle level.  

So, unless they fix it for those folks,

I’d pay full price, if I was traveling soon, then get the 50% back as refundable OBC.

And… copy or screenshot the paragraph on the website that’s states that fact.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, cdngrl said:

The website shows this:

It looks like Princess deliberately want to charge full price on elites and platinums, hope they spend the discount in the form of OBC onboard.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:36 AM, Steelers36 said:

It is Refundable OBC.  

How do you propose to hotspot your phone?  Paying for cell service on the ocean is hugely expensive.  No longer can you buy internet at 50% off on board.  They used to offer it on DAY 1 due to it not being in the App, etc, but I would not count on getting that from the Internet Mgr.

I’m glad to hear it’s refundable.

We have lots of port days, a cheap roaming package and a ton of data. It should be fine.

On 9/22/2022 at 6:49 AM, phabric said:

Any idea what to do?

This is my husband’s problem as well. I have called/chatted/emailed. Told they are “working on it.”  Just how hard can it be? 

On 9/22/2022 at 6:49 AM, phabric said:

Any idea what to do?

My status shows elite on the app. We are sailing in a couple of weeks. If it isn’t fixed for him I will up my plan to 4 devices (so same price as 2 1 device plans) and share with him on this cruise. No way will we pay full price and then have to wait forever for the refundable credit to be refunded. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

My status shows elite on the app. We are sailing in a couple of weeks. If it isn’t fixed for him I will up my plan to 4 devices (so same price as 2 1 device plans) and share with him on this cruise. No way will we pay full price and then have to wait forever for the refundable credit to be refunded. 

You ought to be doing that anyway.  Why buy two single-device plans when you can have 4 devices for the same price.  Not sure about you, but I have PC laptop with me as well as my phone, so I can potentially have both going.  The other scenario is we usually travel with friends and we get one 4-device plan to share.

6 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

My cabin friend is platinum.  On the App it shows the full price for her also.  I was hoping I could purchase Wifi through her.  I will wait until final payment in Nov and ask my agent to try if she can’t get Elite price will have to pay full price and get OBC credit onboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

You ought to be doing that anyway.  Why buy two single-device plans when you can have 4 devices for the same price.  Not sure about you, but I have PC laptop with me as well as my phone, so I can potentially have both going.  The other scenario is we usually travel with friends and we get one 4-device plan to share.

I like to unplug as much as possible when we cruise, and we only bring phones to stay connected with family/take pics etc. I’m fine with just doing the 4 device plan now, but DH is adamant that “we” (which means me) continue to try to get him “fixed,”.   😏

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

I like to unplug as much as possible when we cruise, and we only bring phones to stay connected with family/take pics etc. I’m fine with just doing the 4 device plan now, but DH is adamant that “we” (which means me) continue to try to get him “fixed,”.   😏

Oh I cannot stand it when I am screwed up and a Princess bug has me out of sorts.  I want it fixed like yesterday.  😉

On 9/22/2022 at 3:27 PM, phabric said:

You can not purchase WiFi (Net) on the Princess website, it has to be done on the App.

I purchased mine on the phone. When you call Princess they now have a dedicated extension for Ocean ready. You will pay full price and then the OBC shows up as refundable on your account.  You can also purchase it on board.  There are choices if you want to use them.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Just now, cruzsnooze said:

I purchased mine on the phone. When you call Princess they now have a dedicated extension for Ocean ready. You can also purchase it on board.  There are choices if you want to use them.

I tried the phone.  The system won’t allow me to purchase as Elite purchase, even through the agent can see I am Elite, the App shows my as a new passenger.